New administrators

:: Community

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: New administrators

Post by Rivan on Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:01 pm

There really is no point with this argument. Several members have already PM'ed Inquisitor Lord, myself included. We will wait and see if he responds. Until then, there is no point continuing to discuss this.

When the time comes, we will decide (most probably by votes) on how to proceed.

And as a matter of record Brother Arratak, please refrain from profanities. People can discuss, debate and even argue w/out resorting to inappropriate language.

"Though we face the power of hell, and death is at our side, we fear not, for the Emperor is with us through it all. If we live, we live for the Emperor. If we die, we die for the Emperor. So whether we live or die, we are the Emperor's. We are Grey Knights and this is why we came to be." --Grandmaster Rivan

"It is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you will not be imperiled in a hundred battles; if you do not know your enemies but do know yourself, you will win one and lose one; if you do not know your enemies nor yourself, you will be imperiled in every single battle." --Sun Tzu (from ancient Earth)

Rivan
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 4389
Army : Grey Knights 7th Brotherhood, Salamanders
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Souba on Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:56 am

arratak, you act like a stubborn child.

as i said, i agree with a change but how a change is done is a different matter.

you however simply want to go things your way and if not you act like a chimpanzee that throws his feces. go on flame more my dear friend. let out your true self Smile for me you are a simple nuisance that just appeared on this board and sooner or later will be gone as soon as his fanboyism or bandwagon runs towards the next codex. there are many of you, dont act as if you are unique Smile

btw... for yourself to be for a change on this board might shoot yourself in the leg. have you ever thought about how you will be handled if there would be active moderation on this board? some warnings... some timeouts and sooner or later a ban.

either change your behavior "bro" or live with the consequences you put on yourself. and for all that is holy on this board. act like a adult. looking at your age you should be able to comprehend what our brothers and i have told you numerous times allready.

this is btw the last thing i post towards you, bro. you are simply not worth the time.

That goes for you as well, he might be hectic and disrespectful, but you are walking a fine line.

Last edited by Souba on Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:35 am; edited 1 time in total

Souba
Brother Captain
Brother Captain

Number of posts : 1587
Army : Inquisitorial Army, Necrons, Dark Eldar, Daemons of Chaos
Registration date : 2009-11-07

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aubec le noir on Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:13 am

Please cool down ... both.
There no need of an argument here, as said before by brother Rivan, and it certainly don't solve our admin problem.
Just try to contact Inquisitor Lord, it will be more productive.
There's good points in each of your point of view, let's try to get a consensus.
I try to contact IL now...
Aubec pirat

Aubec le noir
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 3658
Army : 40K : GK (curious isn't it ;-) ) WHB : Dwarfs, Ogres, Mercs
Registration date : 2009-11-01

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile http://lacompagniephoenix.bb-fr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:38 am

Are you still raving on like some degenerate souba? Polluting my thread and all!

No one cares bro, acting like a child is whinging and complaining, which is what you just did about me, calling me names, shit dude, that's what 8 year old kids did in 2nd grade. Then once you've had your dummy spit you go off and pout. Great effort!

Anyway.... You need to email his private email aubec, and hope he hasn't got a newer one!

Back to top Go down

Post by Aubec le noir on Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:24 pm

I PM him first, then i'll mail him when i find his mail... If i can find it
Btw 1 : who's "polluting" your post brother Arratak ?
Btw 2 : what didn't you understand in the expressions "Please cool down" and "avoid profanities" brother Arratak ?
Aubec pirat

Aubec le noir
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 3658
Army : 40K : GK (curious isn't it ;-) ) WHB : Dwarfs, Ogres, Mercs
Registration date : 2009-11-01

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile http://lacompagniephoenix.bb-fr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine on Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:26 pm

Aubec le noir wrote:I PM him first, then i'll mail him when i find his mail... If i can find it
Btw 1 : who's "polluting" your post brother Arratak ?
Btw 2 : what didn't you understand in the expressions "Please cool down" and "avoid profanities" brother Arratak ?
Aubec pirat

+1 Brother.

We all want what is best for the forum. So lets keep it civil.

+++"There is nothing in the arcane and blasphemous arsenal of the forces of Chaos that can compare to faith. With the power of faith, our weapons become shining instruments of deliverance that can cleave the mightiest daemon in twain. With the power of faith, our minds appear as slivers of pure agony to the daemon, driving into the wretched forms of those who would dare stand before us. With the power of faith, our words become commands that cause the daemon to cower and cringe in terror. I could meet my enemies unarmed without a shred of fear in my chest, for I know that the Emperor watches over me and guides my hand. So let them come. We shall show them what the power of faith can do."+++ (Brother Captain Stern)

Constantine
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 5793
Army : Grand Master Mordrak's Brotherhood, Deathwing...Pretty much any first company! I LOVE terminators!!!
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:59 pm

Virtual_stealth@hotmail.com is inquisitor lords's email. Atleast that's what's listed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Klomster on Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:32 pm

Indeed.

I've noted that two people here are being a bit.... annoyed with this thread.

Arratak is of course right. This board needs an active admin. And one of the first things i would do as an admin would be to make Inquisitor lord an admin.

But neither Suoba or Arratak have rights to go around accusing and calling words.
I was the 20th person to join this forum. That was 6 years ago. (6 years already? Damn.) In this matter i have more seniority than everyone else involved. I'm also a moderator and it is my duty to uphold the spirit and interests of the forum.

This is my main forum. I will not let anything happen to its spirit, that is what makes this forum.

And that spirit is chivalry and temperance.

Even i, a person who abhores sudden changes and new solutions know that change is needed.
We wouldn't be sitting here to have a discussion over the internet if change was never implemented for example.

Change is often for the better, but we must make sure that it is good. Making me admin is a good choice (if you ask me, me being fantastic and all) and i have the interest of the forum in mind.

Suoba, you are walking a thin line with those posts, but i expect you to be the bigger man and now leave. You put up good points but tend to target them against a younger and more inexperienced member. He's not used to the working of this site, and he's obviously of a different school as is often said in sweden.

Arratak. Every proposition you have made has been for the good of the forum. But you easily go into the defensive, violently claiming your rights and quickly finding a target for your outbursts.
While you defend a good cause, i believe this has to do with your upbringing, your friends and your area you live in. Which i respect, you might need that attitude to retain your status there, not here though.

On this forum, time is different (man, i'm going all poetic now Razz) no one expects sudden changes, no one really wants sudden overhauls and redesigns.
We all like it as it is, this is a simple and friendly forum for a specific breed of gamers.

Like a man i totally agree with said.
-"This forum is like a local pub, where a bunch of the lads hang out and have a good time." quote -A really smart member of this forum.

I want to have that feeling, and for others to join in on the feeling as well.

Having loads of members doesn't mean you are a good forum. The spirit of the forum makes a forum a good forum.
I myself doesn't really like Heresy online for example. It's multitude of members have no real common quality and its huge post frequency makes you feel distanced from most topics. Except the very few you choose to follow. Since not all have or take the time to follow all the posts of a forum.

Also the huge number of members is inevitably calling for some immature and/or uncaring individuals who either out of mixed emotions caused by things like puberty and insecurity or just plain and simple trolling in mind enrage and annoy others to have an otherwise serious topic spiral into a rage-fest that ends up locked and deleted.

I've even seen it on this forum, i don't want more of that here.....

One to two weeks maximum for inquisitor lord, then we will be forced to take some sort of action. Whether it is simply adding me as an admin or make me the founder, or something else entirely we shall see.

But the concern of "after 4 weeks you will just give him some extra leeway, and then it will be dragged out more." is a thing i all to well agree with.
That's why 4 weeks is too much, one or two weeks. Not more. I have a hard time enough focusing on tasks that take only seconds, i tend to drag off into blabbering, which you can notice right now.

He will be given a week minimum, in that time we will try to contact him with pm's, mails and call or even visit him.
Pm's probably won't work so try the others as well.

After that time will will really decide what to do. in the meantime i think we should, in an orderly manner, discuss options and good solutions. How to get hold of inquisitor lord and generally keep this topic active.
This topic is VERY important and needs to be taken really seriously. Some might notice i'm a bit more serious than usual about this.

Always expect me to be ridiculous and a bit silly, but when it really matters i want people to be able to rely on me.

And seriously Arratak? Polluting your thread? You need a good nights sleep and some simple calming therapy. Cool down bro, we like you, you are just literally crawling on the walls and ceiling while all the others are used to sit in sofas and smoke pot or something Razz

You need to stand on the floor, be we also need to stand up.
It's time for a change, it won't be much but i need some help. You wanna help me out guys?

Klomster
Adeptus Administratum
Adeptus Administratum

Number of posts : 4194
Army : Think positive, it will soon get worse. (Mechanicus)
Registration date : 2007-12-21

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine on Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:12 pm

Well said Brother K.

I have PM'd IL but I am not sure how to contact him any other way scratch

I think that a lot of PMs, and e-mails have been sent. Now we need to give IL time to open and read them.

Change takes time, and these sorts of changes should not be rushed. The Forum is not falling apart, this is not a crisis situation.

I agree with your sentiments Brother, Let us remember that we all want the forum to grow, but we do not want to loose what we have all worked so hard to build, and that is our community.

+++"There is nothing in the arcane and blasphemous arsenal of the forces of Chaos that can compare to faith. With the power of faith, our weapons become shining instruments of deliverance that can cleave the mightiest daemon in twain. With the power of faith, our minds appear as slivers of pure agony to the daemon, driving into the wretched forms of those who would dare stand before us. With the power of faith, our words become commands that cause the daemon to cower and cringe in terror. I could meet my enemies unarmed without a shred of fear in my chest, for I know that the Emperor watches over me and guides my hand. So let them come. We shall show them what the power of faith can do."+++ (Brother Captain Stern)

Constantine
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 5793
Army : Grand Master Mordrak's Brotherhood, Deathwing...Pretty much any first company! I LOVE terminators!!!
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:31 pm

Hey look I agree with all you have said, I'm not gonna take crap from some degenerate though. I'm not some push over. But yeah klom, we need to probably vote. What is gonna get the best response from the forumotion team. If you petition for founder and get the backing, then promote a few of us and we can clean and tidy and make this forum a great forum. I never said drastic changes? It just so happens that because of how it's set up now that we can't achieve what we want. So a few minor tweaks and we can progress into a brighter future. I would like to be a mod/ admin just to tidy up the links is all, make it more smoother and cleaner to navigate through sub forums and such. But if not then ohwells. Like I said. We should vote for people to represent the people.

As for the "heated" discussion. I apologise, I can't stand childish behaviour from others so I couldn't help but act.
Perhaps it's my Aussie spirit.

Anyway. Klomster you have my full backing for "founder" and aswell as rivan, Constantine. And zealadin.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hashmollage on Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:36 am

I have been reading this thread and its getting a little heated.

I agree that a mod / admin that is around more is needed. I also agree that IQ should remain in charge.

The internet will not explode if this is not addressed in the next few weeks. We have all been happily posting the way things are. IQ could be on holiday or any number of reasons why he aint been about or is not responding to peoples messages / emails.

The messages have been sent. Give him time to respond. The emperor will not drop dead suddenly if we wait. Lets just keep going as we were.

Hashmollage
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 81
Army : Grey Knights - Orcs
Registration date : 2012-03-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LuisMars on Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:29 am

Just my 2 cents as a newbie in this forum, but obviously it's not the first I'm in.

You can't expect for a guy who does this for fun to be 24/7 available for you, a barely 2000 members forum is not as hard to handle as a bigger one. But even if it all goes right, changes have to be made, and a maximum authority has to be present. I guess nobody here is getting money for adds or anything, so that maximum authority has to be chosen. He has to be proven experienced and fair. That's something that has to be decided by the people who have been here regularly. Not by the wish of anyone in particular.

Just that, move along Smile

LuisMars
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 23
Army : Grey Knigts
Registration date : 2013-01-26

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Klomster on Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:25 am

It's good that you defend the founder LuisMars.

Although inquisitor lord has been absent for half a year. And most votes point to me, the most likely oldest still active member of this forum.

Arratak, it seems your difference in choice of words made both of you see each other as childish Razz

I just hope the good old inquisitor isn't dead or anything serious. That he just forgot us temporarily.

I tried to get hold of our old mods, many whom have been slumbering for some time.
Hopefully they will help us out getting hold of inquisitor lord. Which is the primary concern for now.
He will be given some time, max 1 week more. (One week has already roughly passed, next friday or something like that seems legitimate.)

But he has been lacking in his work, he should have assigned another admin. Since the other admin is Praexes who i know lost his account password and never recovered it....

Klomster
Adeptus Administratum
Adeptus Administratum

Number of posts : 4194
Army : Think positive, it will soon get worse. (Mechanicus)
Registration date : 2007-12-21

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:47 pm

I've also tried to get gold of the other mods and archivists. If you click on inquisitor lord's profile he has the option to email him

Back to top Go down

Post by Inquisitor Lord on Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:45 pm

please bare with me brothers as i go through the forum i can only applogise and it is not my intention to let thie site slip Sad i WiLL be much more active as my real world maters have been resolved thank god family and sever illness ect but any way i will read now and get back to you all !!!

[i]We are the warriors of the grey knights, armoured in faith, shielded by devotion and armed with purity and purpose. But greater even than these, we carry the light of the divine emperor of man into thedark places to purge the daemonic wherever it my be found

Inquisitor Lord
Adeptus Administratum
Adeptus Administratum

Number of posts : 447
Army : 1st company pure grey Knights to the bone
Registration date : 2007-10-16

View user profile http://greyknights.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rivan on Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:53 pm

Glad to have you back Brother!!! cheers

"Though we face the power of hell, and death is at our side, we fear not, for the Emperor is with us through it all. If we live, we live for the Emperor. If we die, we die for the Emperor. So whether we live or die, we are the Emperor's. We are Grey Knights and this is why we came to be." --Grandmaster Rivan

"It is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you will not be imperiled in a hundred battles; if you do not know your enemies but do know yourself, you will win one and lose one; if you do not know your enemies nor yourself, you will be imperiled in every single battle." --Sun Tzu (from ancient Earth)

Rivan
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 4389
Army : Grey Knights 7th Brotherhood, Salamanders
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Souba on Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:01 pm

glad to have you back inquisitor lord.

Souba
Brother Captain
Brother Captain

Number of posts : 1587
Army : Inquisitorial Army, Necrons, Dark Eldar, Daemons of Chaos
Registration date : 2009-11-07

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Inquisitor Lord on Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:11 pm

Rivin good to see you brother !!
Now for the facts as you all don't know me very well i will clear things up one i am acutely as of two months ago a ex special forces solder so protecting the public was my main job as well as other things after i returned from places i had to go i caught some tropical illness which made me go from 16 stone down to 10 with my body temp nearly hitting 40 at times which is very bad I'm back up to 15 stone now after rehab etc and now in my new job in a tattoo studio which i love so yes i am back brothers and things will change and i will appoint new mods with very select few almost same powers as a admin and one extra admin

arratak after reading you posts and foul language I'm very disappointed as at the start of posts your points were firm but fair but when you start to judge people that you do not know and begin using language at members that have been here for years and have shown nothing but respect to every person that has joined this site then i question if you are a valued member to this community there a difference between passion and force brother !

Klomster my old bodies 6 years wow time does fly and i am proud and you have shown great quality's in command thank you brother

to constaine rivan Aube le noir thank you all and I'm happy to see you do nothing but follow the code that has made this forum nothing but great

i will be giving my email and my phone number and facebook to select members so this problem will not arise again

Smile
+87340234675483+ =I=
Inquisitor lord signing back into after kicking evil butt Smile

[i]We are the warriors of the grey knights, armoured in faith, shielded by devotion and armed with purity and purpose. But greater even than these, we carry the light of the divine emperor of man into thedark places to purge the daemonic wherever it my be found

Inquisitor Lord
Adeptus Administratum
Adeptus Administratum

Back to top Go down

Post by Inquisitor Lord on Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:44 pm

So lets get this assult started brothers Smile

Inquisitor Lord
Adeptus Administratum
Adeptus Administratum

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:12 pm

Cool, thanks for coming back.

Back to top Go down

Post by Inquisitor Lord on Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:16 pm

You welcome and keep that temper in check respect is earned and not forced this is true to the forum and real life i know drummers are meant to be the tuff guy in the band but thats in your band Smile but welcome and please change the temp Smile

Inquisitor Lord
Adeptus Administratum
Adeptus Administratum

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:47 pm

K thanks.

So maybe we should have people nominate others/ or themselves for admin or moderator.

Also the whole reason behind this was not to target you. This would have never been an issue with better planning. But not to worry your back now.

What I can only suggest is, which is just my opinion so take it how you will is. And that is that mods need a few more abilities. The only one that I can think of at the moment which I believe is the most important, pinning topics.

Back to top Go down

Post by Inquisitor Lord on Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:05 pm

Grandmaster Arratak wrote:K thanks.

So maybe we should have people nominate others/ or themselves for admin or moderator.

all staff will be nominated by the community and discussed on

Also the whole reason behind this was not to target you. This would have never been an issue with better planning. But not to worry your back now.
Better Planning orignaly as you will nopt know i check my emails every day and view the site almost every day just becuse i choose not to post also as i stated befor i was soilder with 24 hr notice to move i could be on my bum for 3 monthes then called out just like that not all the wars are whats on tv and in newspapers Smile

What I can only suggest is, which is just my opinion so take it how you will is. And that is that mods need a few more abilities. The only one that I can think of at the moment which I believe is the most important, pinning topics.

Mods cannot pin as there are alote of mods or will be and this will be sorted through discussion again between the team almost like a mini vote unless the bring a very strong case to the table but mods can almost do most things on this site

Inquisitor Lord
Adeptus Administratum
Adeptus Administratum

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:11 pm

I know mods canning pin things now... That's half the issue. Can you clarify on the last part?

Are you saying you will give them the power to pin quality threads?

Back to top Go down

Post by Inquisitor Lord on Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:24 pm

no i will not until they run it past myself and i get other mods opinions also

Inquisitor Lord
Adeptus Administratum
Adeptus Administratum

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 1:01 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down