Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1750 template

3 posters

Go down

1750 template Empty 1750 template

Post by Guest Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:49 am

Just 1750 tourney list I'm playing around with.

Hq - grand master -175 (warlord)
- mastery level 2
- incinerator
- rad grenades
- mc: sword
- digi weapons
Total: 250

Hq - coteaz (divination powers)

Elites - 10x purifiers -240
- 6x halberd
- psy ammo
Total 272
+ razorback -45
- psy ammo
Total 50

Elite - vindicare assassin -145

Heavy support - land raider crusader -255
- multimelta
- psy ammo

Heavy support - 2 x dreadnought -115
- TL ac
- TL ac
- psy ammo
Total 270 (135 each)

Troops - 5 x 3 acolytes -12 (60)
- stormbolters
+ razorback 45
- psy ammo
- searchlight
Total 21+51 (72x5=355)
Overall total for 5 units 355

Total = 1715

EDIT: Can use the points to fill out each squad but ill edit it later.

Last edited by GM on Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

1750 template Empty Re: 1750 template

Post by Zealadin Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:34 am

No individual points costs, breaches GWS and the forums rules.

The advantages of the list are all the mech, but even with additional scoring from the GM you are relying upon very fragile units.

Also relying upon the purifiers and GM to do all the heavy lifting which a smart opponent can take advantage of.
Zealadin
Zealadin
Grand Master
Grand Master

Number of posts : 3279
Army : Retired Eldar, Puritan Grey Knights, Dark Eldar
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Grey knight
stats:

http://kael-din.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:39 am

6th edition is about shooting, with cc added for laughs. Most of the games are objective based. With 5 scoring units plus a potential to have another 5 in big guns never tire, with the gm's grand strategy onto the elites. But 5-7 scoring units in most games. With people taking the infantry/plasma meta now, the av14 definitely delivers a punch.

Back to top Go down

Post by DonFer Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:48 pm

I'd say drop the Vindicare and the Land Raider. I'd go for a Stormraven for some air control. I'd also use a Librarian instead of a GM. Oh and if you have the points, perhaps up the number of acolytes in each unit. If you would like to be nasty keep the 3 men squads, but give them plasma/melta guns.

Coteaz Lists are always shooty and not assaulty, but don't dismiss assault. Once your opponent reaches assault range, you'll start feeling the pain. Assault is deadlier in 6th, but now you can't just assault with any unit. So every unit that'll assault you will be CC monsters impossible for your acolytes or Purifiers to kill. Keep that in mind.
DonFer
DonFer
Terminator
Terminator

Number of posts : 1398
Registration date : 2010-10-21

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:39 pm

Why would I drop the land raider av14 for a storm raven that I can't assault out of, at least until turn 3/4. The land raider, I'm assaulting turn 2 with the purifiers, and the gm and coteaz. 5 flame templates, most units are dead before I even charge.

The land raider is there for firepower, Los blocking and to draw shooting away from my more delicate units.

18 TL heavy bolter shots at str 6, 8 TL ac shots at str 8 and a TL assault cannon at str 7. I think I'm right to rake out air craft. Also I can cast prescience on the vindicare assassin.

The acolytes are protected inside the razorbacks until I need to claim objectives. And if they get shot at once outside the razorback then the enemy isn't shooting at my more important units, remember I can make either my 2 dreads scoring or my unit of purifiers and vindicare assassin scoring with the grand strategy.

Back to top Go down

Post by DonFer Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:09 am

For flyers it is true, lots of TL shots are good for flyers, but you'll have to focus fire in order to get the shots through. This means leaving ground enemy units free to raom/shoot/assault you.
The LR is great, but as Zealadin said, relying upon the purifiers and GM to do all the heavy on a LR that only moves 6", is not only limitating but also quite exploitable by your opponent.
It's your choice, these are only suggestions so take them as they are.
DonFer
DonFer
Terminator
Terminator

Number of posts : 1398
Registration date : 2010-10-21

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by first strike Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:03 pm

Ok, the list.
First of all almost every thing said here is a suggestion, except for the first point made by Zealadin, remove the points cost for items, unit total cost is ok, but not items.
For H.Q, I would only be running with one or the other, as the backbone of the army is inquisitoral then it is Coteaz, this is not a bad thing as it gives you 250 points to spend somewhere else. The purifers have to much extra stuff in them, the warding stalf is to many points, the mc on the stalf and the dig weapons can go as well, 35pts. The vindie is a guy I love, but I cannot use him, he just goes down so easy with cover being what it is, 145pts. Landraider and dreads are solid hitters, and the accolytes are to small, drop one of them 72pts. You now have 492 pts to spend, add a couple of strike squads in rhino's with as many bodies as you can afford to move up the board and score.
first strike
first strike
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Number of posts : 409
Army : Grey Knights, Eldar, Space Wolves, High Elf
Registration date : 2012-02-08

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content