Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Grey Knight Player in AZ checking in

4 posters

:: Community

Go down

New Grey Knight Player in AZ checking in Empty New Grey Knight Player in AZ checking in

Post by war009 Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:50 am

Hi my name is William

I have been playing 40K for around 15 years (right after Sisters were released in 2nd edition) . I' ve played Space wolves from 2nd ed to late 3rd/ early 4th, Dark Angels early 3rd edition, Black Templars mid 3rd edition, Alpha legion, Emperor's Children, Black Legion in4th/ 5th edition, and an all scout Raptor chapter army in 5th ed. My current Armies are Crimson Fists (started mid 4th ed to current) and my Sisters of battle (started in 2nd ed to current).

Why am I here? I recently traded some chaos stuff to a friend that wanted it and he gave me some GK termies and Draigo. Along with the 7 metal PAGK troops i said what the hey, build a GK army. So far I have yet to play with them yet asmI want them painted first but so far I have Draigo, Pewter Stern, 30 Termies, 7 pewter PAGK, 10 plastic PAGK, a StormRaven with the chapterhouse studio upgraded body, and awaiting my 2nd SR and chs upgrade kit. I plan on runnning a terminator/ paladin army with SR and NDK and maybe land raiders....because a friend of mine does not believe PF/ Lascannons are worth it..
war009
war009
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 3
Army : Massive Crimson Fists and Massive Sisters of Battle Armies
Registration date : 2012-11-15

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

New Grey Knight Player in AZ checking in Empty Re: New Grey Knight Player in AZ checking in

Post by xFallenx Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:59 am

Hi Welcome!
Your SoB army is a suitable proxy for a GK Inquisition army, although I'm sure if you wanted a pure Inquisition, you would just stick to the SoB. I was never really interested in 40K, other than the witchunters, until just recently.
I chose the GK to be my first army over the SoB as the models are much easier to get, & the army itself is easier to play. I would love to see some photos of your sisters some time.
xFallenx
xFallenx
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 162
Army : Grey Knights, SoB, Deamons, Bretonnians & Druchii
Registration date : 2012-11-06

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

New Grey Knight Player in AZ checking in Empty Re: New Grey Knight Player in AZ checking in

Post by war009 Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:09 am

Yah I love my SoB army my friends hate them....I play really aggresive with them as I have only really short range/ mid range fire power and that my standard list pre WD dex was 1850 pts and 107 models all infantry or jump infantry. I'll get some pics in a few the army is not finished painted or even close to it but some models are done. Same for my CF army... that one is worst since it is a full company of marines, @ 60-75 scouts, 28 suits of tda, 25 sternguard, 14 vanguard, 5 honour guard, and vehicles too....plus more Hqs than I should need.
war009
war009
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aubec le noir Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:24 am

welcome on board brother
Good to hear that you exchanged Chaos stuff for GK battle brothers ! Wink cheers
With what you have you can also start a full GK army list ... it's as competitive as a mixed deamonhunters/GK list imho ... but i must admit i'm not found of mixed list ! Razz Razz
why not make a list and show it to us... then we could discuss the tricks to make it more competitive or more fluffy (as you like...), we will be more than happy to help ! cheers
And Pics of course ... we love pics ! Twisted Evil
Aubec pirat

Last edited by Aubec le noir on Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Aubec le noir
Aubec le noir
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 3745
Army : 40K : GK (curious isn't it ;-) ) WHB : Dwarfs, Ogres, Mercs
Registration date : 2009-11-01

Grey knight
stats:

http://lacompagniephoenix.bb-fr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DonFer Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:40 am

Welcome aboard! Cheers!
DonFer
DonFer
Terminator
Terminator

Number of posts : 1398
Registration date : 2010-10-21

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by war009 Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:19 am

Thanks guys

Yah I got to start painting but waiting on all the stuff to come in.
war009
war009
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down