Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1500 pt semi competitive tournament list

4 posters

Go down

1500 pt semi competitive tournament list Empty 1500 pt semi competitive tournament list

Post by alter359 Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:44 pm

Input and criticism wanted brothers.

+++ Gk (1500pts) +++
+++ 1500pt Grey Knights 5th Edition Roster (Standard) +++

Selections:

+ HQ + (190pts)

* Grey Knight Grand Master (190pts)
(And They Shall Know No Fear, Grand Strategy, Independent Character, Preferred Enemy (Daemons), Psyker (Mastery Level 1), The Aegis)
Frag, Krak and Psyk-out Grenades, Hammerhand, Mastery Level 1, Nemesis Force Sword, Psybolt Ammunition , Psychic Communion, 2x Servo Skulls , Storm Bolter

+ Elites + (274pts)

* Purifiers (274pts)
(Brotherhood of Psykers, Combat Squads, Fearless, Preferred Enemy (Daemons), The Aegis)
Cleansing Flame, Hammerhand, 2x Incinerator Psybolt Ammunition , 6x Storm Bolter and Nemesis Force Halberd , Storm Bolter and Nemesis Force Sword
* Knight of the Flame
Nemesis Force Halberd , Storm Bolter

+ Troops + (620pts)

* Grey Knight Strike Squad
(And They Shall Know No Fear, Brotherhood of Psykers, Combat Squads, Deep Strike, Preferred Enemy (Daemons), The Aegis)
Hammerhand, Psycannon, 6x Storm Bolter and Nemesis Force Halberd, Warp Quake
* Justicar
Nemesis Force Sword, Storm Bolter

* Grey Knight Terminator Squad
(And They Shall Know No Fear, Brotherhood of Psykers, Combat Squads, Preferred Enemy (Daemons), The Aegis)
Hammerhand, 9x Nemesis Force Halberd, Psybolt Ammunition (20pts), 9x Storm Bolter, 9x Terminators
* Terminator Justicar
Nemesis Force Sword, Storm Bolter

+ Heavy Support + (416pts)

* Dreadnought (136pts)
(Preferred Enemy (Daemons), Psychic Pilot, Reinforced Aegis, The Aegis)
Fortitude, Psybolt Ammunition Searchlight , Smoke Launchers, Twin Linked Autocannon Twin Linked Autocannon

* Land Raider (280pts)
(Assault Vehicle, Power of the Machine Spirit, Psychic Pilot, The Aegis)
2 x Twin Linked Lascannon, Fortitude, Multimelta , Psybolt Ammunition , Smoke Launchers, Storm Bolter , Twin Linked Heavy Bolters

Last edited by alter359 on Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:45 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Removed individual points costs)

alter359
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2012-09-20

Back to top Go down

1500 pt semi competitive tournament list Empty Re: 1500 pt semi competitive tournament list

Post by first strike Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:16 pm

Ok
Grand master, where are the grenades?
Purifiers, Drop to 8 and drop the psy bolts. The grand master and these guys are in the landraider.
Strike squad, up them to 10 and add psybolts (your current squad is wrong anyway (eight guys and a 30 pt psy cannon?)) place 2 psy cannons in there as well.
Terminator squad, get a hammer in there, a psy cannon and a warding stalf, make sure this guy makes contact in any hand to hand you fight but do not put him in frount of the squad where he can get shot.
Dread, switch the search light to the land raider. The dread is in the back lines of the army and the landraider can take more fire then it can and will normaly be closer so night fighting will not be an issue with it.
If you are scratching for points then drop the skulls. They will normaly not help as if placed up field then the enemy will pop them before you can use them and if placed in your lines then you could have just walked there.
Also I belive that placing broken up points for wargear is not allowed on the forum (thank you games workshop) squad totals are fine.
first strike
first strike
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Number of posts : 409
Army : Grey Knights, Eldar, Space Wolves, High Elf
Registration date : 2012-02-08

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

1500 pt semi competitive tournament list Empty Re: 1500 pt semi competitive tournament list

Post by alter359 Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:41 pm

ok so now I have
GM with blind and rad
8 purifiers 6 halberds 2 incinerators in a lr with mm sb and sl with psy bolt
10 gkss 2 swords 7 halberds and 1 psycannon with psybolt (only have one psycannon)
10 termies 1 hammer 9 halberds all SB (no other options) with psybolt
and 1 mortis nought.

Sorry about the individual points wasn't aware. How competitive do you think this could be?

alter359
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Amion Lightbringer Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:43 pm

I'm a new player, so i don't have much experience, but i would put termies in the land raider, making them the main assault force (maybe with a banner, +1 attack?) taking the gm with them, and you could take only 6 purifiers, gaining points for a razorback?or you can maintain an 8 men-squad and use a rhino...last thing, maybe instead of a lr a crusader should fit?
hail brothers!
Amion Lightbringer
Amion Lightbringer
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 41
Army : 5th brotherhood grey knight/Red Hunters 1st company "Pesmerga"
Registration date : 2012-10-07

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by alter359 Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:32 pm

well I can't for that many termies in the lr, and I went with the basic landraider for the tank killing capabilities.

alter359
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Back to top Go down

Post by first strike Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:01 pm

The list is semi competive.
In answer to Amion Lightbringer: The termies are more survivable then the purifiers but deliver less punch. Purifiers are cheeper per man. (land raider carries 10 men so termies cannot ride with G.M. Change to crusader and you carry 16 men so G.M with 10 purifiers would deliver 34 attacks (on the charge plus purifing flame for around 500pts, the Grand master with 7 terminators with banner for around the same price will get 32 attacks with no flame). Either should carry the day for any combat, but if the 1st squad multi charges then purifing flame just gets better. Shooting added on the charge we get 22 s5 attacks from the purifiers and only 16 from the terminators (not counting any special weapons and psybolts on both). Yes the Crusader is better.
As you are new I am thinking that your mins are limited.
If you had unlimited mins then this is the basics of what I would go for:
H.Q
Coteaz- You will never find a better way to spend the points.
Troops- 4 man storm troopers with razorback (heavy bolters psy bolted) (2)
Troop- 6 man Strike squads (swords only) and apsy cannon with razorback (assultcannons with psy bolts) (2)
Troops- psyker squads in Rhino. (2)
Heavy- Mortis dreads x3
Vindie assassian
Notice, no landraider. reason- expensive and can be taken out with one shot and then there goes your battle plan.
No terminators. reason - expensive and do not return the rate of fire other choices can for less points.
No G.M. reason - price- He is not over priced for what he does but some of his abilities (gaining scoring units) will not be needed if the list is designed well.
Your list will do well for a semi competive enviroment but for a math hammering supper cheese (see above) it will just get blown of the board.
first strike
first strike
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Amion Lightbringer Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:51 am

i agree about coteaz, even if i don't love psikers so much (a very strong attack power with large blast and AP1, but they are wiped out by a blast attack, or by a lascannon shot on the rhino), but i can understand why you like them; and I agree about termies and landraiders (only look their helmets... they're wonderful, i must find a place for them in a medium size army! lol) I give that advices to not change too much his list, and I must admit that i misunderstanded the CC power of the purifiers (due to lack of experience, i guess).
for alter.
Obviously I was talking about reducing the termie squad, but i must admit the purifier should be a better choice... you choice if put them in a rhino or in a lr, anyway...
Amion Lightbringer
Amion Lightbringer
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by first strike Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:43 pm

Reasons the army will work.
1. Coteaz. He is the best way to get first turn and keep it.
2. Target priotity. Take out the things that can kill vechiles first also psyker squads are low on the list of most peoples hit lists, because they can kill themselves with one roll of the dice and you have a vindie assassian that will be a prime target, followed by the dreads, the razorbacks.
3. To kill armour you have the vindie (all armour), psyker squads (med armour) dreads (light to med), psy cannons (light to med but I have taken out landraiders with them due to rending and rate of fire)
4. To kill inf you have vindie (can take out heavy weapons from squads), dreads (due to rate of fire this makes them good at both rolls), Psyker sqads (large blast high ap), psy bolted heavy bolters and assult cannons and the psy cannons and bolters on the strike squads.
first strike
first strike
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by alter359 Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:49 pm

I have no inquistor or henchmen. only non gk I have is a libby and vindicare. The list I posted used all my infantry models. heavy choices are ndk with incinerator, lr, 2 mortis and one psycannon sb dreadnought.

alter359
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Amion Lightbringer Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:24 pm

excuse dear brothers... how is assembled a mortis dread?
and first... you're taking the vindicare only to hit & die, right?
Amion Lightbringer
Amion Lightbringer
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by alter359 Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:26 pm

mortis is two twin linked autos
I'm not taking the vindicare yet as I don't have the right build to protect him, but he usually is priority 1 target

alter359
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Back to top Go down

Post by first strike Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:42 pm

You will never be able to protect the vindicare, (he will normaly be at the top of most peoples hit list) only remove threats before they can nail him. Most games he will not get off more then 2 shots.
For the mortis you have 2 choices (easy bulids) get a normal dread and agis defence line, or a normal dread and then go to forge world and get the ac arms from there. Games workshop does not sell the arms to make it, they should come in the box but this is a different rant.
first strike
first strike
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by DOMIN4TRIX Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:31 pm

What if you place the Vindicare inside a bastion (not on the parapet)? AV14 and fire points to all sides if im right.....

Use the top floor for Cortaez and some Servitors/Jokaero
DOMIN4TRIX
DOMIN4TRIX
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 642
Army : Knights, Nids and Necs
Registration date : 2011-08-09

Grey knight
stats:

http://corpointdeux.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by first strike Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:57 pm

There are several ways to protect him, teckies and buildings, defencive structures as Domin4trix mentions. But it all comes down to how many points you will spend to do so. And how useing those points will change the way you play.
When fortifactions came out I tried the agis def line and found that it was tying me down and changing my playstyle form what I wanted to do so I droped it. It does not make it bad, just not the way I want to play.
first strike
first strike
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down