Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1750 henchmen/purifier list ACTUAL BUILD

4 posters

Go down

1750 henchmen/purifier list ACTUAL BUILD Empty 1750 henchmen/purifier list ACTUAL BUILD

Post by Corennus Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:30 am

This is the list I am actually building and going to be gaming with for my next few games (whenever they are). I think this list represents my playing style (shoot a lot and shoot with a lot of high power) plus a bit of CC ability.

HQ
Inquisitor Coteaz 100

Inquisitor (Malleus) 48
Power Armour
Daemonblade

ELITES

Purifier Squad (5 man) x 2 372
Psycannons x 2
Halberds x 3
DT: Rhino

Vindicare Assassin 145

TROOPS
Psyker Band (8man) x 3 405
Str 10 AP1 Large Blast 36”
DT: Chimaera w/ Multilaser, Heavy Bolter

Inqusitorial Henchmen Squad (3man) x 2 230
Servitors w/ Plasma Cannons x 3
DT: Chimaera w/ Multilaser, Heavy Bolter

HEAVY SUPPORT

Purgator Squad (5 man) 180
Psycannons x 2
DT: Rhino

Dreadnought x 2 270
T-L Autocannons
Psyammo

Coteaz and the Malleus Inquisitor will go with the 2 plasma cannon servitor squads to allow them to not have to test for Mindlock. Also Coteaz will hopefully force the GK to seize the initiative (or make the opponent lose his), and also allow his squad to decimate any deepstriking squad within 12" with 3 plasma cannon blasts (bye bye terminators!)
The two purifier squads and purgator squad will go together to form a psycannon firebase close to the chimaeras. I still haven't decided if AV12 in front is preferable to AV11 with Fortitude.
The CHimaeras have 3 psyker squads which can bring down (depending on psychic tests, opponents' psychic abilities and the dice gods of scatter) 3 Str 10 AP1 large blasts. So that's anti-infantry and anti-vehicle (just PLEASE don't scatter off the vehicle)
The 2 dreadnoughts will deploy behind the chimaeras (with a good view of the battlefield) and take out transports / ICs / take chunks out of monstrous creatures etc.
And finally the vindicare will deploy in cover for first turn, hopefully out of range of most of the opposing army. As things draw closer he can take out invulnerable saves, take out land raiders etc...

Comments?
Corennus
Corennus
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 664
Army : Ex player from 5th ed.
Registration date : 2011-02-11

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

1750 henchmen/purifier list ACTUAL BUILD Empty Re: 1750 henchmen/purifier list ACTUAL BUILD

Post by madbakery Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:28 am

I really like your list alot.

I play a similar list but I don't use grey knights at all (i do straight henchmen)

In regards to your psyker squads (a squad i have used alot! and to great effect, except against eldar)

I have run them in rhino's (for fortitude) chimeras (for extra fire support) and on foot.

All three variations work well but I find a unit of 10 on foot with a single warrior acolyte works best. The Reason for this is when your vehicle explodes (which it will, probably in turn 2) your squad will be decimated by the explosion. And the reason for the warrior acolyte is just in case you all explode you still have a scoring dude! Also don't under estimate the psykers charging into combat as they all have 3 attacks each.

My second choice is in a Rhino just for the fortitude!
madbakery
madbakery
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 200
Army : Knights, Orks, Blood Angels
Registration date : 2010-10-04

Grey knight
stats:

http://monkeychow_forthemonkeys@hotmail.com

Back to top Go down

1750 henchmen/purifier list ACTUAL BUILD Empty Re: 1750 henchmen/purifier list ACTUAL BUILD

Post by Corennus Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:18 am

With Coteaz making the henchmen troops surely they're scoring no matter what? Or am i wrong...

and yes I did totally miss that in CC on the charge psykers get 3 attacks each

Chimaeras though are for the firepower of the multilasers and heavy bolters. BS3 sucks, but when the bolters and lasers work infantry quickly starts dying
Corennus
Corennus
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 664
Army : Ex player from 5th ed.
Registration date : 2011-02-11

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aubec le noir Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:39 am

an original mixed list ... i'm a little skeptical about its effectiveness and/or its regularity though.
But the hobby isn't only a matter of efficiency anyway Wink
pleasure, conversion, painting and composing an original army list is very important too.
Aubec pirat
Aubec le noir
Aubec le noir
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 3745
Army : 40K : GK (curious isn't it ;-) ) WHB : Dwarfs, Ogres, Mercs
Registration date : 2009-11-01

Grey knight
stats:

http://lacompagniephoenix.bb-fr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by shadow Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:16 pm

I have never used them but LD 8 psykers would really worry me, so easily hooded and if you peril then they're pretty much all dead.
shadow
shadow
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 224
Registration date : 2011-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by madbakery Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:47 pm

shadow wrote:I have never used them but LD 8 psykers would really worry me, so easily hooded and if you peril then they're pretty much all dead.

thats why i include the warrior in case they perils and all die
madbakery
madbakery
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 200
Army : Knights, Orks, Blood Angels
Registration date : 2010-10-04

Grey knight
stats:

http://monkeychow_forthemonkeys@hotmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum