Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Considering the scale difference between some models.

5 posters

:: Tactica

Go down

Considering the scale difference between some models. Empty Considering the scale difference between some models.

Post by Klomster Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:55 am

I think the apocalypse scale is a bit off considering some models, and this bothers me since people could complain about my models.

Let's say we decide to play a game of apocalypse. Let's say 5000 pts.

You bring your awesome grey knights, i bring my awesome mechanicus.
I decide to field my warlord titan.

Here the problems arise, my fully legal model might be considered "cheating" and "bending the rules" since i've decided to use official gw models instead of a model i built myself.
I'm talking about the warhammer 40'000 imperial warlord titan.
Considering the scale difference between some models. ParvulusIgniswalks

As you can see the model is actually smaller than a dreadknight, but still packs 2500 pts of fire-power. And an astonishing 9 structure points.

And i can hide it behind a land raider.

As you might realise, this can be considered cheating. But it is the official warlord model from gw.

So tell me what you think. Would you consider me as a cheater if i used it?
Klomster
Klomster
Adeptus Administratum
Adeptus Administratum

Number of posts : 4321
Army : Think positive, it will soon get worse. (Mechanicus)
Registration date : 2007-12-21

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Considering the scale difference between some models. Empty Re: Considering the scale difference between some models.

Post by stormknight Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:41 am

It's an official model in my eyes so unless there are rules saying that the titan is always visible in it's rules entry then I would follow the main rulebook which details true LOS. Then again your opponent may argue otherwise in which case you may want to consider making a house rule where it becomes always visible. I wouldn't consider you a cheat either way.
stormknight
stormknight
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Number of posts : 331
Army : Grey Knights
Registration date : 2010-09-03

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Considering the scale difference between some models. Empty Re: Considering the scale difference between some models.

Post by Sai Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:47 am

I'd say you're playing against the spirit of the rules.
I'd also then field a battle company of marines all 10mm tall on normal 40k bases from the epic range, backed up by an Imperator class titan.
Sai
Sai
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 754
Registration date : 2010-12-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Klomster Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:50 am

But the official gw models for space marines exist.

So that is obviously cheating.

But the imperator falls in under the same problem.

4500 pts of goodness, all smaller than a dreadknight.....
Klomster
Klomster
Adeptus Administratum
Adeptus Administratum

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:29 pm

IMHO you would not be playing fair using the model pictured. How can you seriously be asking if a miniature that can hide behind a Land Raider is a valid representation of a Warlord Titan? scratch I know that GW has it's scale issues, but you really are going too far here Brother K Evil or Very Mad

This has the feeling of a thread that has been started purely to start an argument...... Suspect
Constantine
Constantine
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 5819
Army : Grand Master Mordrak's Brotherhood, Deathwing...Pretty much any first company! I LOVE terminators!!!
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by drakeharlem Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:26 pm

That's the official model for a Warlord titan, yes, but it is for a completely different game. It's not even close to the correct scale compared to 40k miniatures because it wasn't made to be played along side 40k miniatures.

I can't see a reason why anyone in their right mind would let you field an Epic scaled titan in a game of Apocalypse. Sorry, but that's just silliness.
drakeharlem
drakeharlem
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 52
Army : Grey Knights, Afrokult Orks, Scions of Dinero (Space Marines)
Registration date : 2011-07-28

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Klomster Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:11 pm

drakeharlem wrote:Sorry, but that's just silliness.

He's onto me Razz

Don't worry to much brothers, i'm mostly messing with you. I just think that it would be fun to play this model as the warlord titan in apocalypse, mostly because it would look hilarious.

For those who don't know i have been building a correct scale warlord titan for just such an occasion. (As in, playing apocalypse with a correctly scaled warlord.)

Whom else than me would like to see the mini-titan shred Razz Shooting blasts easily ten times bigger than itself.

And can you come up with other funky models which could be utilized this way.

As far as i know, gw has official rules for both warlord and emperor titans. Although they don't have the emperor titan for sale on their site anymore.
Klomster
Klomster
Adeptus Administratum
Adeptus Administratum

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sai Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:31 am

I remember seeing the rules for the emperor but I can't remember if they were official. I once considered building one of it's bastion legs but it would either cost a bomb or look shoddy.
Sai
Sai
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 754
Registration date : 2010-12-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Klomster Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:48 am

I have a guy who's been building an imperator with bastion legs, imperial landing platforms and other plastic kits.

I can honestly say it looks both expensive and shoddy.
Klomster
Klomster
Adeptus Administratum
Adeptus Administratum

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down