Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1500 Point Purifier Based List

+2
aces51high
Twisted Viewpoint
6 posters

Go down

1500 Point  Purifier Based List  Empty 1500 Point Purifier Based List

Post by Twisted Viewpoint Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:49 pm

Greetings brothers,
I have been reading WH40k books for a few years now, and have just decided to get into the war game. It appears that most of the games in my area are 1500 pts, and I was hoping I could get you to critique what I have come up with. So here it goes.
The Army - 1499pts
HQ
Castellan Crowe - 150pts
Elites
5 Paladins with: 2 Psycannons and 5 NF Halberds - 315 pts
Troops
5 man Purifier Squad with: 2 Psycannons, 3 NF halberds, and a Razorback - 191 pts x4 = 764 pts
Heavy Support
2 Psyflemen - 135pt x2 = 270 pts

The plan is to run Crowe along side the Paladins (Holocaust + Cleansing Flame) to harass the main body of the oppenent, while using four groups of purifiers to cap/flank (depending on game type). I have a few questions about this list:
Are 5 man Purifier Squads strong enough to fight on their own? Should I consolidate them into 10 man squads?
Are Paladins worth the cost at 1500pts?

Also, I am having trouble painting force weapons and the gold text on the armor, are there any good video guides you could recommend?

Thanks Brothers.

Twisted Viewpoint
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2011-11-04

Back to top Go down

1500 Point  Purifier Based List  Empty Re: 1500 Point Purifier Based List

Post by aces51high Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:46 am

You should drop the Paladins and take regular termies also drop your heavy support. Put those termies in a land raider maybe otherwise they wont be able to keep up with the rest unless you deep strike them which i dont reccomend for previous experiences XD. Then use the remaining points to bolster your remaining troops. With Crowe just run him up behind cover and use him to distract the enemy, I find personally that Crowe is only good for getting Purifiers as troops.

aces51high
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2011-07-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Aubec le noir Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:57 am

to be precise Crowe can't join the pallies or termies (is not an IC Evil or Very Mad ) i'm ok with the LR proposition, mobility and amour is paramount, but you can maybe keep one of the dread ... just check the points needed.
and i'd say that a 5 men squad is a little bit fragile imho, but with the mobility offered by the RB it could pass ...
personally y prefer a 7-8 men squads...
btw which cc weapon do you use for your purifiers ? Oh I saw it !! halberds are good ! Razz
Aubec pirat

Last edited by Aubec le noir on Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Aubec le noir
Aubec le noir
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 3745
Army : 40K : GK (curious isn't it ;-) ) WHB : Dwarfs, Ogres, Mercs
Registration date : 2009-11-01

Grey knight
stats:

http://lacompagniephoenix.bb-fr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by stormknight Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:13 am

The basic core of purifiers has alot of options so it's entirely upto you what you do, basing your list on your experience will help develop your list.

I've not tried this, but couldn't you use 2 Rhinos and 2 razorbacks. This way your rhino can give your razorback some cover saves and the razorback can give your dreadnought some cover saves. (still get similar firepower)

Although I do agree, Terminators should be a better option... Just because Paladins are easier targets for higher strength weapons which would be targeting them, as there isn't a bigger threat in your list.

As for the painting guides, sorry I don't.

stormknight
stormknight
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Number of posts : 331
Army : Grey Knights
Registration date : 2010-09-03

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Twisted Viewpoint Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:50 am

Thank you all for your feedback. I will be making a number of changes that you have suggested, but I have one question. How is Crowe not an IC? I went back to the codex, and he does NOT have the IC rule, so do I have to add him to a unit? Or can he run around on his own?

Twisted Viewpoint
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2011-11-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Rivan Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:13 am

Crowe does not have th IC special rule so he cannot join or be joined by other units. He'll have to run around on his own or occupy a transport by himself.
Rivan
Rivan
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 4404
Army : Grey Knights 7th Brotherhood, Salamanders
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by MJSwasey Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:19 am

He HAS to run around on his own. He is just like the assassins or other single model units. He may NEVER join or be part of any squad.

MJSwasey
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 927
Registration date : 2009-08-08

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down