Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1500 Points Purifier List! Thoughts

4 posters

Go down

1500 Points Purifier List! Thoughts Empty 1500 Points Purifier List! Thoughts

Post by Larros Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:43 am

Here is my ideal 1500 Purifier List;
Crowe @150 points

10m Purifier @ 398 points
4 Hal
2 fal
4 psycannons
psybolt
Razorback w/ Las Cannon

10m Purifier @ 403 Points
4 Hal
2 Fal
4 Psycannons
psybolt
Razorback w/ Assault Cannon, psybolt

10m Purifier @ 403 points
4 Hal
2 Fal
4 Psycannons
psybolt
Razorback w/ Assault Cannon, psybolt

Vindacare Assassin @ 145 points

Total = 1499 Points

Thoughts on what i should change, i know the las cannon may not be worth it but with the amount of tanks people are running these days what i found, some AV is always nice, and with the lascannon i dont go over 1500, having to pay the 5p for Psybolt on the first Razorback
Larros
Larros
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 12
Army : Grey Knight, Tau
Registration date : 2011-06-05

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

1500 Points Purifier List! Thoughts Empty Re: 1500 Points Purifier List! Thoughts

Post by DonFer Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:54 am

Well for one the Razorbacks won't be able to accomodate your 10 man squads. They only carry 6 models. Also, with that many Psycannons you'll want them to fire every turn. With the razorback that's not possible since there aren't any fire points. So take rhinos instead.

So now you'll aslo want to add some anti tank. Psycannons are great for low armour poping but high armour like 13 and 14 will be a pain in the butt to remove.

DonFer
DonFer
Terminator
Terminator

Number of posts : 1398
Registration date : 2010-10-21

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

1500 Points Purifier List! Thoughts Empty Re: 1500 Points Purifier List! Thoughts

Post by Zealadin Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:46 am

Not to totally disagree with everything you just said... but.
The purifiers would be combat squadding I would assume, either rush the CC combat squads forward and dump them out and have the Psycannon combat squads at the back providing fire support or visa versa. (Depends on opponent)
You don't need them in the vehicles long term if its the Psycannon CS's, you just want to move them up fast.

Psycannons are also about on par with Lascannons versus higher armour. You just need to make sure you are judging ranges well and not moving too much and losing shots thanks to the heavy profiles.

I would make all the razors Las/Plas, or just give them psyammo for S6 heavy bolter rounds. Then you have 100ish points to play with. Assault cannons add nothing to your force it doesn't already have as Psycannons.
I would also remove 1 halb or falchion from each squad if you are intending on combat squadding, the shooty squad probably doesn't need a special weapon.

If you aren't combat squadding DonFer is right, you'll need Rhino's, you lose the heavy weapons but you also can't afford to have 30 marines totally slogging it. Combat squadding one part of your army gets there fast and projects a threat, if everything is slow any army with some plasma will be a nightmare.
Zealadin
Zealadin
Grand Master
Grand Master

Number of posts : 3279
Army : Retired Eldar, Puritan Grey Knights, Dark Eldar
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Grey knight
stats:

http://kael-din.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Larros Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:44 am

yeah their combat squads, sorry forgot the mention that one, i was doing some review also, and im gonna drop a Fal from each Squad and add a deamon hammer, if i do drop em i dunno what to use the 100 points for, possibly a MC weapon or 2 but i dont see the need, im saying assault cannon just for the possblity for rending.

if you have any ideas on what i should do to change that let me know.

So basically this is how it would work;
Crowe hides behind a tank, so he doesnt die easily
Combat squad all 3 squads;
each type would have 4 psy and hal
and the other groups would have 3 hal, 1 fal, 1 DH

Played this list last night against my friends DOA army, it was hilarious, we ended up rolling KP's and Pitch Battle, oh good old rule lol, from their on he deployed his whole army in reserve like he should, I won it by a landslide cause with the amount of shot i was pumping into him right when he landed their was nothing he could do, Crowe got hero of the match cause he went right up to his Furioso Dread, and died, Passed my Test, Hit the Dread and gone, it was beautiful
Larros
Larros
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by DonFer Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:01 am

Zealadin wrote:Not to totally disagree with everything you just said... but.
The purifiers would be combat squadding I would assume, either rush the CC combat squads forward and dump them out and have the Psycannon combat squads at the back providing fire support or visa versa. (Depends on opponent)
You don't need them in the vehicles long term if its the Psycannon CS's, you just want to move them up fast.

Psycannons are also about on par with Lascannons versus higher armour. You just need to make sure you are judging ranges well and not moving too much and losing shots thanks to the heavy profiles.

I would make all the razors Las/Plas, or just give them psyammo for S6 heavy bolter rounds. Then you have 100ish points to play with. Assault cannons add nothing to your force it doesn't already have as Psycannons.
I would also remove 1 halb or falchion from each squad if you are intending on combat squadding, the shooty squad probably doesn't need a special weapon.

If you aren't combat squadding DonFer is right, you'll need Rhino's, you lose the heavy weapons but you also can't afford to have 30 marines totally slogging it. Combat squadding one part of your army gets there fast and projects a threat, if everything is slow any army with some plasma will be a nightmare.

Fair enough Brother! I'd add some antitank and not rely entirely on Psycannons. Depending on 6s to further rend is just inefficient and some good ol' melta or las cannot hurt in this army.
DonFer
DonFer
Terminator
Terminator

Number of posts : 1398
Registration date : 2010-10-21

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Larros Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:48 pm

So if i were to switch the assault cannons for las cannons is that a good idea or a bad idea. And thanks brothers for the advice
Larros
Larros
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Larros Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:22 am

So I made a change that works wonderful and buys sometime for my purifiers to get up the field. Recently I invested into an psyriflemen dread. And oh the wonderful things he can do. That 48' range is the best thing that could replace my vindicare what recently has not performed to it's standards. Always getting horrible rolls for the turbo pen round. So I replaced it with a psyriflemen. Thoughts on removing the mobility and adding in another? To have a really shooty army
Larros
Larros
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by shadow Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:12 am

How about this:

Crowe @150 points

10m Purifier @ 338 points
4 Hal
2 Hammer
4 psycannons
Rhino

4 Hal
2 Hammer
4 psycannons
Rhino

4 Hal
2 Hammer
4 psycannons
Rhino

Psydread @ 135 points

Psydread @ 135 points

Total = 1434 Points

You can still use the 66pts remaining to swap a rhino or 2 for Razorbacks if you want or you could run:

Crowe @150 points

8m Purifier @ 270 points
4 Hal
2 Hammer
2 psycannons
Rhino

10m Purifier @ 378 points
4 Hal
2 Hammer
4 psycannons
Razorback with las/plas

10m Purifier @ 378 points
4 Hal
2 Hammer
4 psycannons
Razorback with las/plas

Psydread @ 135 points

Psydread @ 135 points

Total = 1446 Points

shadow
shadow
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 224
Registration date : 2011-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down