Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Beginner List - 1K

3 posters

Go down

Beginner List - 1K Empty Beginner List - 1K

Post by jay170788 Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:51 pm

Hey there Brothers,

Some of you guys seriously know your stuff and i fully expect you to tear my list apart and to be honest i would quite like that to help further my knowledge. please don't just say do this, do that. I want real in-depth reasons why you would change anything so i actually know how to plan things in the future.

Please feel free to comment on as much or as little as you like.

HQ
Brother-Captain w/ halberd - 155 points

Elites
Purifier Squad w/5 x pair of falchions & Rhino - 185 points

Troops
GKSS - 100 points
GKTS - 200 points

Heavy Support
Purgation Squad w/4 x Psycannons - 180 points
Dreadknight w/ NDH & Psycannon - 180 points

Total - 1,000 points
jay170788
jay170788
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 77
Army : GK & Fire Lords Marines
Registration date : 2011-10-07

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Beginner List - 1K Empty Re: Beginner List - 1K

Post by DOMIN4TRIX Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:32 pm

Hey, my suggestions

Brother Captain: Grand strategy is so useful you might want to find the points and upgrade to a grand master

Purifiers: They all come with 2 attacks basic, im not sure the falchions give you as much as halberds would - striking first with I6 might be better than the extra attack - and it saves you some points. Take one hammer just in case you need to take a vehicle or HQ down. Psycannons are needed - you have 2 fire points on the rhino you can shoot out of.

SS and TS: Again no Psycannons I realise the points are tight but the TS really needs one at least - a relentless psycannon always fires 4 shots on the move.

Dreadknight: For me the heavy psycannon scatters too much, i would always use the incinerator instead.

If you added a psycannon to the grand master - two to the Purifiers and one to the terminator squad you would have 12 shots on the move to your purgation squads 8 - i would remove the purgation squad - your offensive power increases and you give away less kill points whilst saving points cost.

Nice variation in the list though, these are just suggestions that work for me I hope my justifications for them make sense.
DOMIN4TRIX
DOMIN4TRIX
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 642
Army : Knights, Nids and Necs
Registration date : 2011-08-09

Grey knight
stats:

http://corpointdeux.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by jay170788 Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:46 pm

Nice cheers....

TS is still boxed so psycannon can be added to those, purifiers are assembled and primed so those will be staying as is for the time being, when my army grows i will certainly consider the psycannon's on those guys although the extra attacks just seem really fun.

Damn i made a major mistake on the DK, have glued on the psycannon now, hopefully will be able to remove it without any lasting damage, i mis-read the rules on the heavy incinerator and thought it was just template ranged and so opted against it!
jay170788
jay170788
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 77
Army : GK & Fire Lords Marines
Registration date : 2011-10-07

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by andrew frost Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:20 pm

At 1000 points a grand master could be a little expensive, also the benifits of grand strat might be wasted. A lib could be taken but i still see him in the same boat as the G.M. Now you could take a inquisitor, stick him in terminator armour and give him a psy cannon, place him in the terminator squad and then he will give you more firepower and three ablative wounds for the terminators (only use 2 unless you want to lose the inquisitor) and he will only cost you 80 pts.
With terminators I like to have the bro banna in there, the auto activation of the force weapon (if you still have a spell to cast) comes in handy if you are up against nids or eldar.

andrew frost
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 27
Army : Grey Knights, Deamons, Eldar, Tau
Registration date : 2010-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by DOMIN4TRIX Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:28 pm

I\'ve gone with the OM Inq with Psy cannon myself in low point games, you could have 2 for similar cost to a Librarian - thats 8 extra psyc shots a turn for the term squad. Just remember the low toughness - he will be instant deathed at strength 6
DOMIN4TRIX
DOMIN4TRIX
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 642
Army : Knights, Nids and Necs
Registration date : 2011-08-09

Grey knight
stats:

http://corpointdeux.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down