Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

List for game tonight 1750 GK

4 posters

Go down

List for game tonight 1750 GK Empty List for game tonight 1750 GK

Post by Corennus Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:16 am

This is the list i'm taking to play with tonight. I have no idea what i'm up against, but so far at the club i've gone against:

Dark Eldar (Lost with Crimson Fists)
Space Wolves (Lost with Black Templars)
Black Templars (Won with Black Templars)
Dark Angels (Won with Black Templars)
Ultramarines (Won with Grey Knights!)
Eldar (Won with Space Marines)

The idea for this army is pretty simple. I go second if I can and hit the enemy hardest where he's weakest with:

HQ

Ordo Malleus Inquisitor
Power Armour
Psychic Communion
Force Sword

Librarian
Nemesis Warding Stave
Teleport Homer
The Summoning
Sanctuary
Might of Titan

ELITES

Paladin Squad (5 man)
Apothecary
Nemesis Force Halberdsx 2
Nemesis Warding Stave
Nemesis Daemon Hammer
Nemesis Force Sword
M/C Psycannon
Psycannon

TROOPS

Strike Squad (10 man)
Psycannons x 2

Strike Squad (10 man)
Psycannons x 2

Strike Squad (10 man)
Psycannons x 2

HEAVY SUPPORT

Dreadknight
Heavy Incinerator
Gatling Psilencer

Dreadknight
Heavy Incinerator
Gatling Psilencer

The Paladin squad is the anvil which the enemy has to break. With 6 5+ inv saves and a massive 12 wounds (with the librarian attached) that's not easy. And in CC they have the advantage with the halberds giving them first strike, and TWO warding staves able to take care of any power weapons that come their way. With Might of Titan and Hammerhand their weapons are striking at Str 6 (Str 10 for the daemonhammer!) they can take out most things! Oh and if being shot at by anything above AP2 they get FnP. So Heavy Bolters, Assault Cannons, Autocannons.......good luck!
Add to that they have 2 psycannons (one mastercrafted) pumping out 8 shots a turn, plus 8 stormbolter shots, and each terminator has different wargear so can allocate wounds......
(they're my favorite unit)

The Strike Squads are the workhorses, there for taking objectives and holding them. I haven't given them daemonhammers cause the psycannons should hold off any walkers coming their way.

The Dreadknights (one real one proxied Ven Dread) are the infantry killers. With Heavy Incinerators AND Gatling Psilencers they should be able to mow down anything not in Power Armour like chaff, and if going against stuff in power armour they can still acquit themselves pretty well! Plus they're a big threat to tanks with their Str 10 Doomfists.

The Librarian finally is there for the following reasons:
Teleport Homer. The rest of the army can deep strike round him and the Paladins, forming a strong defensive position.
Might of Titan: Str 6 please, and yes I can give it to a Strike Squad within 6" of the Paladin squad if I need to.
Sanctuary. Nothing within 12" can assault unless it passes a difficult AND dangerous terrain test.
The Summoning. If a unit gets in trouble, or the paladin squad requires support, the librarian can summon a friendly unit.
Paladin squad about to be set upon by around 30 tyranids? Librarian summons.........a dreadknight!

The Ordo Malleus Inquisitor (proxied Captain Sicarius looks good as an inquisitor in power armour) gives the army psychic communion. He'll start the game in heavy cover (building with no line of sight for enemy to him) allowing the squads to deep strike on turn 2 on a 3+
Corennus
Corennus
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 664
Army : Ex player from 5th ed.
Registration date : 2011-02-11

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

List for game tonight 1750 GK Empty Re: List for game tonight 1750 GK

Post by Zealadin Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:56 am

No shrouding? Sure its extra 5 points, but in some cases it will be amazingly good if you want to bunker up at 24" and make your psycannons work for you.
Zealadin
Zealadin
Grand Master
Grand Master

Number of posts : 3279
Army : Retired Eldar, Puritan Grey Knights, Dark Eldar
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Grey knight
stats:

http://kael-din.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Corennus Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:53 am

ummmm a 5+ cover save.....or 4+ if in terrain. I can't see it being needed when you're talking about Paladins. If Librarian was with normal terminators then yes maybe, but Sanctuary is much more valuable than Shrouding I feel..
Corennus
Corennus
Justicar
Justicar

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by DonFer Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:12 am

6+ cover save in the open, +1 cover save everywhere else, so you're looking at a 3+ cover save, which is the same as a Storm shield. Still thinking Sanctuary is better? scratch

As for the list, I can't see the direct use of the Inquisitor, better replace it with a GM or BChamp. I'd try to cut your GKSS squads to eight and try to squeeze some RBacks or Rhinos (Rbacks are my choice). Of course if you fancy footslogging then you're better off with out them.

I feel your Palis are "naked" without a transport. You want them to hit your enemy hard and as soon as possible. Perhaps consider including a LRC, or simply a SR. Again, if you're confrotable footslogging they're ok.

Just my suggestions. Hope it helps!

DonFer
DonFer
Terminator
Terminator

Number of posts : 1398
Registration date : 2010-10-21

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by purifier_26 Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:41 am

My only opinion would be to add some transports as well, I've tried to play without them an usually my army dies before i even get to them
purifier_26
purifier_26
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 84
Army : Grey Knights
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Corennus Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:13 am

I was up against orks. and the game lasted SEVEN turns!

The strike squads, if i'm honest, did eff all. Their psycannons never were able to go into heavy mode, and i deepstriked too close to the ork squads. That and the fact my nemesis weapons really didn't come into their own agaisnt normal ork armour...

My paladin squad and dreadknights on the other hand......

Paladin squad romped through:
Burna squad in a trukk, boyz squad. Weirdboy, and Warboss with Heavy Armoured Nobz and painboy.

First dreadknight was the ultimate killing machine, his incinerator burned:
30 boyz squad, then a 20 boyz squad, then a rokkit boyz squad at 14 man, then an Ard Boyz squad at 20 strong. And then he went and smashed 3 killa kans in one round of combat!

The other dreadknight managed to keep a group of Nobz Bikerz occupied for 2 turns solid.

I'm tweaking the list so paladins now have incinerators and strike squads have psyammo (will keep them further back next time to take advantage of 24" range).
I'm also dropping the gatling psilencers on the dreadknights in favour of the Heavy Psycannons. No AP value on the psilencer was just annoying.
Corennus
Corennus
Justicar
Justicar

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content