Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New to GK need help with 1750 list

+2
andrew frost
Paul...V
6 posters

Go down

New to GK need help with 1750 list Empty New to GK need help with 1750 list

Post by Paul...V Tue May 03, 2011 5:50 pm

I'm new to GK and have played six games W1 D1 L4… :-(
this is my current list
HQ
100- brother hood champion
205- libarian, WS, might of Titan, Quick silver

troops
260 5x terminators, deamon hammer, psycannon, BH banner, 2x nem falchions
260 5x terminators, deamon hammer, psycannon, BH banner, 2x nem falchions

Elites
191 6 purifiers 2psycannons, hammer, halberd, 2x falchions

Heavy support
land raider, storm bolter, hunter killer missle, searchlight
land raider crusader, multi melta, search light
dread knight, psycannon, great sword

This is my revised list I was using vindicare assasin and my librarian was lvl 3 but changed that to get more troops the plan was to sit back in the land raiders shooting stuff and when things get close jump them with uber sqaud in crusader

I\'ve got more models avaliable to me and I am willing to spend a bit as well i normally just play 40k orks but just loved the look of the new grey knights espicialy the dread knights ok what I have at the moment
razerback TL lascannon dread knight hammer incinerator 4 boxes unmade marines and one box unmade terminators
all you're help would be really appriciated

Paul...V
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2011-05-03

Back to top Go down

New to GK need help with 1750 list Empty Re: New to GK need help with 1750 list

Post by andrew frost Tue May 03, 2011 6:40 pm

Ok here goes
In the old codex the land raider was the way to go, we had very little firepower to take out tanks, the new codex has changed this for us.
The termies are (in my op) a pore choice in this codex, the fluff might say this is the way to go but I think that for the same cost you can put 10 models on the field. There are a lot of high AP and power weapons in the game.
Dread knights I feel need to be run in 2's if you are looking at them for hand to hand, they get targeted by every las cannon on the field and a 5+ save just will not cut it, if useing them as a fire support in cover then 1 will do.
Intercepters would be something to think about, just one squad for that objective denial can turn the game for you.
Every squad should have Psy cannons (at least one). I just love them, the best thing about the new codex.
In the old codex I was allways wanting some transport, the new codex came out and I no longer want them, almost everything can deep strike, you can still be in hand to hand one turn after you arrive, and if you bring the psy bolts in, you can kill vech with rear shots (18 str 5 shots and 2 str 7 rending shots will take down any vech) or do some real damage to any squad you shoot at.
Just my opp, I am sure that others will have different ones, and they are all right, it is up to you on how you want to play.

andrew frost
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 27
Army : Grey Knights, Deamons, Eldar, Tau
Registration date : 2010-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Rivan Tue May 03, 2011 7:38 pm

Welcome to the forums Brother Paul Very Happy

Andrew made very good points. There really are many ways to field competitive lists now so it'll all depend on your play style. I used to always field 2 LR's as well w/ the old codex. With the varied options we have now, they are not AS necessary. Don't get me wrong, 2 LR's will still be 2 LR's. I field 1 LRC now and its primarily to deliver my GM + GKT's to where they can kick some butt! Like Andrew, I too like to field as many p-cannons as I can since they are great both vs. vehicles and vs. infantry. However, I do like fielding GKTs as my core troops partly to go w/ the fluff, and because I personally feel the strike squads are just not that effective for me. I do have a 10-man squad of Interceptors since I love their mobility. If you really like Dreadknights, I also think they have to be run in pairs to be really effective, unless you have something else that can provide support or attract enemy fire.
Rivan
Rivan
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 4404
Army : Grey Knights 7th Brotherhood, Salamanders
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by sabian Mon May 09, 2011 3:31 pm

I'm a big fan of Mordrak tbh, you can get him and 5 termis for 400pts which is a pretty good deal considering they have stealth. And taking a Brother Captain isn't really worth it due to the lack of grand strategy. If you drop the LR and take Mordrak with or without the termis and him for grand strategy and his super precise 1st turn deep strike it's as good if not better then a land raider. As well getting rid of the dreadknight you can afford almost 2 psyflemen dreadnoughts. Assuming you dropped the LR.
sabian
sabian
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 123
Army : Grey Knights
Registration date : 2011-05-08

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Coyote Mon May 09, 2011 9:37 pm

Welcome to the forum and the world of GK. Going from Orks to GK could be a tough adjustment since Orks tend to be so expendable. My 2 cents on your list...you're main weakness is a lack of troops. With only 2 small scoring units it will be hard to win objective games. If you're dead set on keeping the terminators then I would suggest adding a GM so you can use grand strategy to get more scoring units. I don't necissarily think you need to ditch the LR's, but if you do I'd also try to find some points for servo skulls as you'll likely be teleporting those termies onto the board often. If you're going to keep the librarian then you might consider the summoning as it will add to your mobility and reactiveness. All that being said, if this were my list here's the jist of what I'd do with it:

Ditch the Champion, 1 LR, NDK great sword, a BH banner from 1 squad, and a psycannon from the other which gives me an extra 440 points? (I may be wrong on that)

This would allow me to take a GM with 3 servo skulls, rad grenades, and a MC weapon (195 pts), a psyfle dread (135pts), and 4 more Purifiers (96pts). This leaves an extra 15 points to play around with which I'd probly ad one more psycannon and maybe some falcions to your purifier squad or take that extra 5 points and buy a psychic power for your librarian.

These changes would make your whole army more synergistic without fundamentally changing the build.

The GM will add punch to your "uber" squad which still has the BH banner, give you servo skulls to teleport the other termies with communion to get them there when you need them. He'll also be able to give you more scoring units via grand strategy.

The Psyfle Dread adds more AT for less points.

The maxed out Purifiers can be combat squaded after you make them scoring if need be to give you 4 scoring units instead 3 just in case you roll that dreaded 1 for grand strategy.

If you were to make those changes, you'd have to put pressure on your opponents with the LR to keep him/her from popping your dread since you would only have 2 vehicles on the board.

Ok I think that's enough from me...thanks for sharing your list with us Smile
Coyote
Coyote
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Number of posts : 316
Location : Secret lair located underneath a volcano on a remote tropical island somewhere in the Pacific
Army : GK/IG
Registration date : 2008-11-22

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul...V Sun May 15, 2011 3:26 pm

Nice one for the feed back brothers there's lots to think about there I'll get my hands on a dreed but was also thinking of changing my list completey to Cortez and inquisitor hench men I've got a mate who let me use his 50% discount so could get lots of stuff well cheap I saw a list on hear that liked it tackled my weak spots lack of troops

So I'm thinking
100 Cortez
300 2x 4 crusaders 6 death cults
80 2x rhinos
175 5x jakeros
55 chimera
520 2x terminator sqauds (deep striking)
psycannon banner hammer 2x falchions
310 2x 5 purifiers
2 psycannons hammer 2 falchions
160 2x razerback lascannons

I like this list I've got plenty of fire and should also stand up in combat plus should keep most objectives...! You're feed back brothers would be really appreciated as I've got to place my order asap as my mate Is leaving GW soon

Last edited by Paul...V on Sun May 15, 2011 5:27 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Adding proper list)

Paul...V
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2011-05-03

Back to top Go down

Post by madbakery Mon May 16, 2011 5:54 am

I like your list alot! Smile You seem to have a fairly balanced list between henchmen and grey knights! I personally am loving the new codex and its versatility to be able to do Henchmen lists (they are my favourite)

I'm not sure where you want to put Coteaz but i would suggest putting him in one of your DCA squads, his hammer hand ability makes your whole squad plus one strength!
madbakery
madbakery
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 200
Army : Knights, Orks, Blood Angels
Registration date : 2010-10-04

Grey knight
stats:

http://monkeychow_forthemonkeys@hotmail.com

Back to top Go down