Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2500 GK Rough Draft

3 posters

Go down

2500 GK Rough Draft Empty 2500 GK Rough Draft

Post by Coyote Sat May 07, 2011 11:18 am

Greetings From Afghanistan!

It's been a bit since my last post, but I'm looking for some advice on list I'm working on. My plan is to have some good solid lists ready for when I get back to the states. Also, right now I'm working off of a few emailed pics of the codex a friend of mine sent and the "leaked" playtest codex so I want to make sure my list is legit. Thanks in advance for any help. So here's where I'm at with the list I'm working right now:

Draigo 275pts
GM w/incinerator, rad grenades, & MC sword 200pts

Techmarine w/conversion beamer & 3 servo skulls 109pts
Vindicare Assassin 145pts

Paladins X4 w/ Apothecary 240pts
GKSS X5 w/ psycannon 110pts
Razorback w/ psy ammo 50pts

Stormraven 205pts
Interceptors X10 w/ 2 psycannons, 2 halberds,psy ammo 310pts
Interceptors X10 w/ 2 psycannons, 2 halberds,psy ammo 310pts

Psyfle Dread 135pts
Psyfle Dread 135pts
Purgation Squad X10 w/ 4 psycannons 280pts

Grand Total 2509pts

The basic ideas are as follows:
-All termies go in the SR and utilize mobility to maximize their potential
-Interceptors will primarily shoot(thus the psy ammo) using their mobilty to stay at range and contest/control objectives
-Techmarine uses bolster to protect dreadnoughts, vindicare, AND/OR(depending on terrain) purgation squad.
-I can combat squad the purg squad in one of two ways. First, I put all psycannons in one squad and attach the Techmarine to the other taking advantage of astral aim when needed. Second, split the psycannons in half allowing me to shoot multilple targets with them.

So the easiest way to trim this down to an even 2500 is to ditch the servo skulls and call it a day.
The main point behind having 2 GM's is to guarantee two more scoring units. My biggest debate is whether or not that's overkill. If it is then I'll drop the GM and take a Libby saving some points and allowing me to keep the Servo Skulls and gaining some super awesome psychic powers as well as a hood. I'm also wondering if the Vindicare is worthwile in this list. I could drop him for more troops or another Techmarine.

Any and all opinions, list tweaks, or advice is welcome.

Coyote
Coyote
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Number of posts : 316
Location : Secret lair located underneath a volcano on a remote tropical island somewhere in the Pacific
Army : GK/IG
Registration date : 2008-11-22

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

2500 GK Rough Draft Empty Re: 2500 GK Rough Draft

Post by Coyote Mon May 09, 2011 12:49 am

Has this post been lost in the warp?
Coyote
Coyote
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Location : Secret lair located underneath a volcano on a remote tropical island somewhere in the Pacific

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by unityvybe Tue May 10, 2011 7:46 pm

I would run a libby instead of another GM I know you want the bonus from grand strategy but the libby can make your Stormraven become more resilient. Also to offset the lack of scoring I would add another GKSS with a rhino as opposed to a razorback. Your GKSS can always shoot out the top of the rhino instead of heavy boltering with a razorback and not being able to move. Here is a list a buddy of mine is working on for reference.

Draigo

Libby warding stave

1x five man paladin squad one bro banner, one halberd, one hammer, one sword, apothecary with warding stave (the multiple weapon options really give this group quite a lot of options with wound allocation)

1x Stormraven (extra armor, twin linked las, and twinlinked meltas)

2x five man Grey knight strike squads one psycannon, 5 swords,

2 dedicated rhinos

3x Dreadknights, one with hammer, two with greatswords

unityvybe
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2011-04-24

Back to top Go down

Post by unityvybe Tue May 10, 2011 8:02 pm

And here is my Crowe and friends purifer list this list it just under 2500.

GM rad and blind grenades

Crowe

3x 10man purifer squads, knight of flame with force sword, one daemon hammer, 6 halberds, 2 psycannons

3x Rhinos

2x 10 man interceptors squads Justicar with force sword, one daemon hammer, two psycannon, 6 halberds

2x Psyfleman dreads

1x dreadknight heavy incinerator, heavy psycannon, personal teleporter

unityvybe
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Coyote Tue May 10, 2011 11:01 pm

Thanks for the response. I like both of those lists. When I get back I'll probly be playing alot of Crowe lists initially since I've got about 3 full squads of the old metal PAGK's. As for my orginal post here's what I've come up with:

Draigo 275pts
Librarian w/ summoning, shrouding, quicksilver, & MOT 170pts

Paladins X4 w/ 3 swords and 1 hammer 220pts
GKSS X10 w/ psycannon 210pts
Rhino 40pts

Stormraven 205pts
Interceptors X10 w/ 2 psycannons & psy ammo 300pts

Psyfle Dread w/ search light 136pts
Psyfle Dread 135pts

Total 2500pts

I wasn't able to get another GKSS in and still have the stuff I wanted, but at least this way I can combat squad them to get another scoring unit which offsets the need for another GM.

Coyote
Coyote
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by unityvybe Wed May 11, 2011 9:49 pm

Hey thanks for the comments on the lists man. I\'ve been really studying the GK dex. I realized something the other day that makes the paladin squad nigh invincible.

1 paladin with bro banner, 1 apothecary with warding stave, 1 with falchions, 1 with hammer, 1 with sword

squad them up with draigo and a libby with a warding stave and you have an almost invincible unit in close combat. They will require a LRC or Stormraven though to ensure they get to where they need to go.

Last edited by unityvybe on Wed May 11, 2011 10:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

unityvybe
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Back to top Go down

Post by unityvybe Wed May 11, 2011 9:53 pm

Coyote wrote:Thanks for the response. I like both of those lists. When I get back I'll probly be playing alot of Crowe lists initially since I've got about 3 full squads of the old metal PAGK's. As for my orginal post here's what I've come up with:

Draigo 275pts
Librarian w/ summoning, shrouding, quicksilver, & MOT 170pts

Paladins X4 w/ 3 swords and 1 hammer 220pts
GKSS X10 w/ psycannon 210pts
Rhino 40pts

Stormraven 205pts

Psyfle Dread w/ search light 136pts
Psyfle Dread 135pts

Total 2500pts

I wasn't able to get another GKSS in and still have the stuff I wanted, but at least this way I can combat squad them to get another scoring unit which offsets the need for another GM.

You can always make the purifers scoring too via grand strategy and combat squad them up if need be as well. Also cut the Purgation guys they really only rock if your gonna be transporting them around in a rhino then they can shoot out the top. Pick up another Psyfledread to cover the long range. Or you can run another GKSS with a rhino with those points. Other than that good luck with your list man and godspeed.

unityvybe
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Coyote Wed May 11, 2011 10:10 pm

I like where you're going with the paladins...it would be rather expensive, but as long as they weren't blown to pieces in the shooting phase, they'd be rather nasty. I also like the prospect of making them all initiative 10 with the Librarian and then using hammer hand X2 (Draigo and Squad) to make them Str 6.

I have the purg squad at 10 for two reasons. First, I could split them up into two squads of 5 with 2 psycannons in each, allowing me to shoot more targets. Second, I can combat squad them and put all the psycannons in one squad. The remaining five could be a speed bump/scoring unit via grand strategy(really all 10 could be scoring, but these wouldn't be stationary) or I can attach the Techmarine to them and use astral aim for long range targets without losing shots from 4 psycannons.
Coyote
Coyote
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by unityvybe Wed May 11, 2011 10:33 pm

Coyote wrote:I like where your going with the paladins...it would be rather expensive, but as long as they weren't blown to pieces in the shooting phase, they'd be rather nasty. I also like the prospect of making them all initiative 10 with the Librarian and then using hammer hand X2 (Draigo and Squad) to make them Str 6.

I have the purg squad at 10 for two reasons. First, I could split them up into two squads of 5 with 2 psycannons in each, allowing me to shoot more targets. Second, I can combat squad them and put all the psycannons in one squad. The remaining five could be a speed bump/scoring unit via grand strategy(really all 10 could be scoring, but these wouldn't be stationary) or I can attach the Techmarine to them and use astral aim for long range targets without losing shots from 4 psycannons.

Ah I see your strategy now good call forgot about astral aim. That's true an astral aimed conversion blast can be quite nasty. The paladins are going to be expensive and quite limited but with two or three dreadknights backing them up it puts the enemy in quite a compromising position.

unityvybe
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Brother Konrad Mon May 16, 2011 8:23 pm

This is a very good list, but I would but Tw Assault cannons and Tw Autocannons on one of the dreads and add Psybolt ammo /w Extra Armor. This will provide a good amount of support cover as your Paladins move up to assault. Also add a Orbital Relay to your techmarine so when your fighting gaurdsmen or any mass army type you will virtually eliminate a quarter of his army even before he is able to use it! Very Happy Also, lose the Purgation squads, and get something useful such as Dreadknight, add a Great Sword, Heavy Psycannon, and a Personal Teleporter, it becomes a CC Beast! with the PT it teles 30" and can shoot, and it's counted as jump infantry instead of Monsterous Creature, and the Great sword can re-roll hits and wounds! Hope this helped brother and good luck! Twisted Evil
Brother Konrad
Brother Konrad
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2011-05-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Coyote Mon May 16, 2011 11:34 pm

Thanks for the input. I'm not a big fan of OSR since it will never actually hit, but the beamer in conjunction with astral aim from the purg squad will be able to deal with armor and pesky independent characters. This army aims to shoot the dickens out of everything at mid to long range (thus the 2 psyfle dreads, 9 psycannons, 16 interceptors w/psy bolt ammo, conversion beamer, and vindicare) then mop up in assault what ever is left. I feel like the 8 str 8 shots at 48 inches can cover the palladins, libby, and draigo who will be in the SR better than the extra shots at a shorter range given by the assault cannon. I was quite tempted to make room for a dreadknight, but it doesn't quite fit with this list (atleast for me).
Coyote
Coyote
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Brother Konrad Mon May 16, 2011 11:43 pm

Think of it this way, the Dreadknight can move 30" and shoot, so as long as you stay out of assaulting range you will be fine, then the next turn you can assault and dominate in CC, The orbital relay, as I said is up to you, yes it does scatter the full 2D6, but the damage capabilities done by it to the gaurdsmen I was fighting was devastating, and personally I like the fact you can call in orbital bombs is pretty cool IMO. As for Purgation squads they never really fit with me, astral aim is nice, but you still have to be in range and you still have to pass a psychic test. But anyhoo try out the dreadknight, you won't be dissapointed Very Happy
Brother Konrad
Brother Konrad
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Coyote Mon May 16, 2011 11:56 pm

I definitely plan on working one into a list at some point. They are too sweet looking not to have atleast one.
Coyote
Coyote
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Brother Konrad Tue May 17, 2011 4:29 pm

XD the only problem I have with it is that it looks remotely like a action figure
Brother Konrad
Brother Konrad
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down