Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My first GK match!

5 posters

Go down

My first GK match! Empty My first GK match!

Post by Ezias Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:13 am

alright, so I borrowed some models from a friend so I could field an army (sold both mine to start a GK and pure forgeworld Death Guard)..

So I was pitted against an experienced Eldar player with, not sure as I never faced him before, but there were some reapers, guardians and the dire avengers, 2 grav's, avatar and some of the mini dreads and a walker... Think that was it.. no wait, there was some ragtag bunch of HQ thingy... jocolor

Any ways, I fielded this:
1 BC
5 termie retuine
5 PAGK w/ 2 incinirators as fast
2x 7 w/ 1psycannon in each squad
2x tw Las dread
1 tw las LR

So he rolls and we get annihilation, oh goodie I think, then he rolls spearhead, even MORE goodie I thought.. He wins initiative Sad
Darn it I thought, gonna get my mech blasted to hell with his lance crap.. but no, not a single killed model or mech in his entire first turn and he decides to move 6' forward in the "fire lane" that my LR and Dreads were castleing Shocked
My turn... *pew pew* dead walker and grav tank... *yay* I start to move my large PAGK squads left and right to make defilading (spelling) fire to catch in from 45 degrees so he can't push forward only..

Turn 2
He moves forward gets a glancing hit and rolls a 1 *PHEW* on my LR, he rolls to low against my shrouding, nothing this turn either..
My turn, I get my Fast and Termies in, he is now almost halfway towards me on the table, I have my "castle" and the 2x7 PAGK's just shooting away at him. So I DS the 2 squads down in his back, 2 hits cheers
My fast squad flames the reapers, nothing happens... meh! My termies shoots some guardians.

Turn 3
Reapers RAPE my PAGKs, so only the cinnie guy is left, close one! everything turns to shoot at my termies and BC, he kills of 4 of them EEK! affraid
My turn! Twisted Evil My solo cinnie guy moves up so he can hit all the reapers with his cinnie.... *WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH* All dies due to 1's and 2's on his save.. Holy mother of.... win situation right there!
My Termies and BC charge the guardians and kills all bar one, and dosen't catch him... baaah, he has also moved his avatar closer, eek!
I shoot the last grav and starts chipping away on his small dreadwannabes.. can't remember their names.

Turn 4
Avatar throws his sword Shocked kills a termie *SPLAT*
I shoot more slowly removing his models, he is now on foot towards me, while I am shooting and blasting away with the psycannons, they kill a few.
My BC charges his mini dread things and kills them off and joins my lone cinnie guy

Turn 5
he moves closer with his avatar and the rest towards my castle.
I shoot at the Avatar with the psycannon and chip away a wound
I charge his Avatar, but I weren't aware that it counted as a daemon, so I end up loosing the combat and the cinnie hero and BC
And my other 7 man PAGK team shoots some clowns storming thru the ruins
lol!

Turn 6
He can only move forward hoping to get close to me to charge, but he is too far away
I kill a few more Xeno scum and the game ends there...

This first time playing the GK's give me a whooping 6-2 victory.... Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven tactics and patience from my side, I didn't make many mistakes and overall I think we both rolled averages.
If I knew the Avatar was a daemon, I might have killed it, so that would have been a 7-1 or even a 7-0, so I ain't the one to complain about the match I had.

Ezias
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2011-02-03

http://9kpainting.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

My first GK match! Empty Re: My first GK match!

Post by Rivan Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:29 pm

Good match! Congrats on your first game using GK's! Very Happy
Rivan
Rivan
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 4404
Army : Grey Knights 7th Brotherhood, Salamanders
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by NemesisForce Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:15 pm

Well done, sir. It's good to get that first win under the belt. And it being your first game with GK makes it all the sweeter.
NemesisForce
NemesisForce
Inquisitor
Inquisitor

Number of posts : 1945
Army : Grey Knight, Black Templar, Chaos Space Marine, Tau Empire
Registration date : 2008-02-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealadin Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:03 pm

Sounds like a fun game.
Mini wraithlords would probably be Wraithguard.
Their guns are pretty amazing, but they aren't too good in CC against anything with a PW, particularly high strength.
Zealadin
Zealadin
Grand Master
Grand Master

Number of posts : 3279
Army : Retired Eldar, Puritan Grey Knights, Dark Eldar
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Grey knight
stats:

http://kael-din.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Aubec le noir Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:15 am

happy you had fun for your first battle and happy you won Razz
psycannon and incinerators are THE weapons against Eldars
Aubec pirat cheers
Aubec le noir
Aubec le noir
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 3745
Army : 40K : GK (curious isn't it ;-) ) WHB : Dwarfs, Ogres, Mercs
Registration date : 2009-11-01

Grey knight
stats:

http://lacompagniephoenix.bb-fr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down