Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2500pts match

3 posters

Go down

2500pts match Empty 2500pts match

Post by Cornix Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:23 pm

Ok brothers, first off i dont have pictures and i dont know all the upgrades for the weapons but here goes.

Good side: GM with 4 termies, incinrator and other upgrades
1 squad of 9 PAGKs
2 squads of 10 sisters
1 dreadnought

Nids: 1 hive tyrant with 2 guard
3 sniper fexs
squad of 8 genestealers
squad of 8 genestealers with broodlord
2 squads of gaunts
Zonthrope

Evil side: 1 keeper of secrets
herald of khorne with 1 bloodcrusher
2* 3 flamers of tzeentch
3 squad of bloodletters, 1 with skull taker
1 squad of daemonletters
1 squad of plague bearers of nurgle
1 squad of pink horrors
1 squad of flesh hounds with karanak, hound of vengeance
winged daemonprince

Deployement was dawn of war but we had second turn so we decided to keep everything on the board.
Mission was bases with my sisters siting on the objective.
Our objective was in the corner building with my other sister squad and terminators blocking off two of the entrances towards the building, nids filling in the main gap and taking the middle.
My PAGK was on the other side with genestealers looking to take the enemy base which was placed in the middle of their side.

Turn 1: DP, KOS, plague bearers, pinkhorrors and flesh hounds can down first. Pink horrors came down on their objective with DP, while KOS came down at the far right side looking to hide and the flesh hounds came further down the right side behind terrain. The tainted plague bearers can down without trying to hide right in front of the gaunts and tyrant. The DP and KOS took a couple of pot shots and the grey knights but failed to do anything. while the pink horrors killed a few.
Turn 1: Grey knights shot up the pink horrors but failed to do much killing 2, Dread shot the DP and gave it a wound with the TLLC. Terminators shot the plague bearers while the sisters were out of range. Carnifexs shot at the plague bearers and the flesh hounds but bad rolling got the ordinace templates off course. All other nids shot up the plague bearers and killed most of them.

Turn 2: Herald, daemonletters, bloodletters and flamers came down. Daemonletters hid behind the plague bearers with the herald, while the flamers and bloodletters came down next to sisters attempting to finish off the game quickly. Sisters and terminators retaliated quickly and killed both the flamer squads. Pink horrors shot my PAGKs and killed most of them while the DP and KOS finished all but 1 off. Flesh hounds charged the genestealers but the genestealers killed them all down before any damage was done, while everything fleeted closer.
Turn 2: Everything stood their ground and opened fire. Fexs fired on the daemonletters and killed most of them. Sisters and teminators fired at the skull taker squad and killed half of it. Last PAGK charged the plague bearers but got beaten down.

Turn 3: Everything came down for the daemons and all the lost units came back. Nothing could fire for them but they charged up and the flesh hounds got into combat again with the genestealers but this time with the help of the daemonprince. Genestealers killed 2 and were nearly wiped out. Skull taker squad charged sister squad and killed 6 while sisters fought back and killed 2. They failed leadership and ran back.
Turn 3: We were in trouble and we needed to turn this game around. Dread got two wounds on the charging KOS. Sisters used faith points to regroup but to no effect as their firing failed to wound the blood letters. Terminators shot the daemonletters and gave them hell. Gaunts and a fex shot at the flanking blood letters and killed all but two. Tyrant and fex killed the last plague bearers but looked set to come back. Last fex and gaunts shot the 3rd blood letter sqaud looking to charge something. Terminators charged the daemonletters and destroyed all of them before charging forward towards the base. Gaunts charged and killed the last of the outflanking DL. Genestealers got cut down and it was looking grim for our front line.

Turn 4: Only thing to shoot was the flamers and pink horrors who killed all the terminators except the GM. Bloodletters charged the broodlord with his genestealers and killed all of them. Flesh hounds along with the DP charged the tyrant and killed both the gaurds while they retaliated and killed 3 flesh hounds. KOS destroyed the dreadnought with no effect happening from the explosion. Skull taker squad charged the sisters again and this time killed them all and looked set to take our base.
Turn 4: Sisters shot the skull taker to avenge the deaths and killed the squad Smile GM ran up and looked to charge but failed to reach the base in time. Fexs shot at the base but left 2 pink horrors left resulting in a draw.

This was last turn as we had no time left.

While this was draw we would have won because they had nothing in the range to contest out objective and they only had 2 pink horrors left that counts as troops.
Things that i found lame in the game was the endless swarm of daemons, they shouldnt keep coming back i dont think because it just makes them too hard to beat as we couldnt effectivly run up to the base.

Cornix
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 32
Army : Grey knights!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Registration date : 2009-07-14

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

2500pts match Empty Re: 2500pts match

Post by Rivan Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:49 pm

You do have to remember that not all demons come back, only some as described in our codex. Can't remember w/c ones though since I don't have my codex handy.
Rivan
Rivan
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 4404
Army : Grey Knights 7th Brotherhood, Salamanders
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by NemesisForce Sun Sep 20, 2009 12:09 am

Actually, no Daemons should be able to 'come back'. The rules for it in our codex refers to the Sustained Attack rule which no longer exists in 5th edition. Just like our Rites of Exorcism no longer applies as Daemons no longer take instability tests.
NemesisForce
NemesisForce
Inquisitor
Inquisitor

Number of posts : 1945
Army : Grey Knight, Black Templar, Chaos Space Marine, Tau Empire
Registration date : 2008-02-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Cornix Sun Sep 20, 2009 1:32 am

Really.................. i didnt know how it works so we just let everything come back...........
OMG i just looked thats lame his flamers shouldnt have come back and my terminators shouldnt of died, i might have made the charge to kill his last troops Sad

Cornix
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 32
Army : Grey knights!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Registration date : 2009-07-14

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by NemesisForce Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:38 am

Unfortunately our 'official' FAQ is woefully lacking on righting issues like this. If you don't have this already, it would be a good idea to download this FAQ summary:

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.php?s=d4898d0569e7c715798da261a46c81ea&showtopic=150103

This really helps to lay out the discrepencies our antiquated codex has and gives you something in print to show your opponent. The pdf. file is at the bottom of the first post.

I think a rematch may be in order. Smile
NemesisForce
NemesisForce
Inquisitor
Inquisitor

Number of posts : 1945
Army : Grey Knight, Black Templar, Chaos Space Marine, Tau Empire
Registration date : 2008-02-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content