Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Radical Inquisitor and his merry band 1500

3 posters

Go down

Radical Inquisitor and his merry band 1500 Empty Radical Inquisitor and his merry band 1500

Post by TheLawinator Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:31 am

The next league that will start if I win my last match will be boosted up to 1500. I was figuring I would try Radical Daemonhunters, since I like assassins and daemonhosts look interesting.

HQ
Spoiler:

Elites
Spoiler:

Troops
Spoiler:

Allied IG
Troops
Spoiler:
Fast Attack
Spoiler:

Heavy Support
Spoiler:

Seems I'm a bit over budget, but I'm not sure if I'm going in the right direction with this. What do you guys think? For this tournament I have to have a 1000 point core that is used in every game, and the last 500 points can be changed for every game. During games my plan is to use those 3 chimaeras as transports for the ISTs and the inquisitor to have a mobile fire base.

TheLawinator
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2010-09-23

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Radical Inquisitor and his merry band 1500 Empty Re: Radical Inquisitor and his merry band 1500

Post by DarkRonin Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:04 pm

Ah a fellow Radical amongst our ranks. Welcome to the side of the Inquisition that few of the Puritan's seldom look upon. As a fellow Radical Daemonhunter, I must say that the only good that your Daemonhost's will be good for is CC. They can't do much on there own, and are entirely dependent of what you roll. The trick to them though is getting them to the enemy. Be sure to run with them during the Shooting Phase if your not in range of charging. Overall though, don't expect too much from them, just use them to tie up units or wreck vehicles. Hey, you might get lucky and Insta-kill an Obliterator.

The Callidus is one of the assassins that I haven't used yet (Love the beastly Eversor myself) but I have to say that you want her to target something that is crucial or something nasty outside of being an HQ. As nice as she is, don't expect her to live long against some of the more solid units.

The Chimera's are definitely better then what we have in our own Codex, but the main issue that I see with your list is that you don't have enough IG Platoons to be able to take the Sentinels and the Leman Russ. You need at least two Platoons (Really sucks for us, but hey, more big guns), to be able to take the Fast Attack and Heavy Support option. That is what your lacking at the moment, so you can't use those two options as it is now.

I feel that the it is nice to have the IG Squads, but what about the Heavy Weapons? They would prove invaluable in the long run if you ask me. Especially since your going to take the Chimera's away from the infantry and use them for the IST's and the Inquisitor.

Aside from the issue with the Platoon, the basic structure of your list looks good to me. Just be sure though that when you go and play in the league, just have fun. Don't expect to be able to do much with the Daemonhosts, have them act as a support role to take care of anything that needs to be taken care of.
DarkRonin
DarkRonin
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 554
Army : Grey Knights, Iron Knights, Salamanders, Thousand Sons, Mono-Tzeentch Daemons
Registration date : 2009-10-25

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Radical Inquisitor and his merry band 1500 Empty Re: Radical Inquisitor and his merry band 1500

Post by librisrouge Sat Nov 13, 2010 4:05 pm

Seems DarkRonin made all the points that I would have made. I've fiddled with everything that's in your list and it's important that you have a roll for each unit in mind and stick to the plan (as long as the plan is still viable of course.)
You do need two platoons so drop on chimera to afford the command squad on the second. Spend any leftover points to the PCSs (heavy weapons would be nice.)
librisrouge
librisrouge
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2010-09-30

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down