Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First large GK in a long time (2000 pts)

5 posters

Go down

First large GK in a long time (2000 pts) Empty First large GK in a long time (2000 pts)

Post by Slind Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:00 am

I'll be playing IG (Leafblower) and CSM (Thousand Sons) and Orks (Hord/Nob bikers) the comming weekend at 2000 pts. It's been some time since i last played, so any comment on how to improve the following list i greatly appeciated.

HQ:
Grand Master w/master crafted NFW, Hammerhand and PsyCannon
5x Terminators w/PsyCannon, 1 Thunderhammer, Holocaust

Troops:
Justicar w/master crafted NFW, Melta Bomb
9x GK w/incineraor

Justicar w/master crafted NFW, Melta Bomb
9x GK w/incineraor

Justicar
7x GK w/PsyCannon

Heavy
2x LR w/Extra Armour, Smoke

1 Dread TLLC/CCW, Incinerator

This is the general plan:
IG:
HQ on one flank, Dread and small troopchoice on the opposite. LRs in the midle. Advance quickly with guns blasing from all sides to get some side-shots at the Chimaras. Giving him 4 dangerous targets to fire at, and very little time to destroy them, before the LRs reaches his lines and 20 GKs swarm out.

OKS:
Keep close formation with plenty of incinerators in a small area, consentrating all lascannon on the Nobs bikers to withle them down.
Terminators are bait/anvil for the intial horde charge, with the large troop choises as the hammer.

CSM:
He is a great player, and does not resort to copy-paste lists form the internet, so I will have to adapt to whatever trick he is up to on the day.
Usually it is a very close fight, and a ton of fun.

Any advice, comments are greatly appreciated
Slind

Slind
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 186
Army : Daemonhunters, Eldar
Registration date : 2009-09-23

Back to top Go down

First large GK in a long time (2000 pts) Empty Re: First large GK in a long time (2000 pts)

Post by Aubec le noir Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:36 am

i think your list is very solid and your strategies adapted to your oponent.
personaly i love the psycannons so i would have take in one squad minimum, but with one of your oponent playing orks incinerators are best ... i guess
Aubec pirat
Aubec le noir
Aubec le noir
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 3745
Army : 40K : GK (curious isn't it ;-) ) WHB : Dwarfs, Ogres, Mercs
Registration date : 2009-11-01

Grey knight
stats:

http://lacompagniephoenix.bb-fr.com

Back to top Go down

First large GK in a long time (2000 pts) Empty Re: First large GK in a long time (2000 pts)

Post by elugin Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:30 pm

Incinerators could be handy also with the IG, if you can get close enough.
May be a second psycannon in the small GK squad could help in opening his Chimeras in case your LRs don't have line of sight.
elugin
elugin
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Number of posts : 368
Army : Gray Knights, Orks, Biel-Tan and the Court of the Young King, plus High Elves for Fantasy fans...
Registration date : 2008-10-08

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaplain Nero Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:51 pm

Looks pretty solid, I think you should definitely playtest with this list. Smile
Chaplain Nero
Chaplain Nero
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 62
Army : Daemonhunters Grey Knights, Dark Angels Deathwing
Registration date : 2010-04-19

Back to top Go down

Post by NemesisForce Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:43 pm

Looks good. I'd downgrade your Dreads 'cinnie to a heavy flamer and give him extra armor instead. You might also want to think about dropping one Termie (add some GK's) so you have the option of mounting up your Termie squad in an LR.
NemesisForce
NemesisForce
Inquisitor
Inquisitor

Number of posts : 1945
Army : Grey Knight, Black Templar, Chaos Space Marine, Tau Empire
Registration date : 2008-02-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down