Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What if an Assassin game.

+3
Brother Ezekiel
DarkRonin
Klomster
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

What if an Assassin game. Empty What if an Assassin game.

Post by Klomster Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:15 pm

I was watching my friend play assassins creed 2, and i suddently got really pepped at a game.

Where you play as the temple assassins.

Just imagine, you are given a mission, "Kill governor Irakus Perlk", and you get to choose any one of the 4 assassins, perhaps you like beeing really sneaky, and you pick the Calidus.

You can like "eat" people and disguise as them, become one with the noble house and in the end, take the governors head in a suitably gory fashion.

Or you could pick the vindicare, try to find this perfect spot, and then.... BAM! You totally kill him, after you picked up his location and gone there the right time, without beeing spotted.

Or just go with the eversor, stealthily enter the palace and then.... let the blood repaint the walls with your onslaught.

Of course, you wouldn't be invisible, but it would be cool. Trying to do things different ways with each assassin. You could just enter and start battling, but perhaps the governor has just too many guards, and they all fire at you with machine guns.

A stealthier approach is needed, but it can be done with all the assassins.

And the culexus... perhaps he'd just scare the crap out of everyone. Razz

Anyone know how to give theese ideas to the right people?
What do you think?
Klomster
Klomster
Adeptus Administratum
Adeptus Administratum

Number of posts : 4321
Army : Think positive, it will soon get worse. (Mechanicus)
Registration date : 2007-12-21

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

What if an Assassin game. Empty Re: What if an Assassin game.

Post by DarkRonin Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:29 pm

I'd think that the game would be fun to play, but then again it would be pretty similar to the following games: Tenchu, Splinter Cell, and Metal Gear Solid.

Those games basically sold the stealth game genre of video games before Assassin's creed came about. It would be tough to make a game about the Imperial Assassins without making it seem like a knockoff of one of the other games of the same genre.
DarkRonin
DarkRonin
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 554
Army : Grey Knights, Iron Knights, Salamanders, Thousand Sons, Mono-Tzeentch Daemons
Registration date : 2009-10-25

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Klomster Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:05 am

True, it would be a bit same, but that comes with the genre.

But nothing of that "look, i'm playing dead" crap from metal gear, and a much more deadly approach than the splinter cell.

It's hard to make a game without anyone claiming its a knock off a similar game that came before it.

I must learn how to make games. :p
Klomster
Klomster
Adeptus Administratum
Adeptus Administratum

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Brother Ezekiel Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:18 am

And I must learn how to kill Stormtroopers
Brother Ezekiel
Brother Ezekiel
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 691
Location : Segmentum Obscurus,Battle Barge Immolative Onslaught
Army : White Raven Space Marines 5th Company and the new Bloodoathed Chaos Space Marines,also Empire General Rainer 'Cursebreaker' 'Dwarf-helper' Raukovs independent 18th army of Nuln
Registration date : 2008-11-30

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkRonin Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:00 am

Don't forget about, "Hey, was that box there before?"
DarkRonin
DarkRonin
Justicar
Justicar

Army : Grey Knights, Iron Knights, Salamanders, Thousand Sons, Mono-Tzeentch Daemons

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Nygo Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:36 am

Sounds like it would be fun, but still, the Eversor missions would pretty much be "Here's a knife. You can figure out the rest."
Actually, I'd definitely play that.
Nygo
Nygo
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 44
Army : Tyranids, Daemonhunters
Registration date : 2009-08-04

Grey knight
stats:

http://themightywalrus.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Klomster Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:42 am

Brother Ezekiel wrote:And I must learn how to kill Stormtroopers

That's simple, just give them a mission and they will do it until the end.

And Nygo, you're getting where i'm going Razz
Klomster
Klomster
Adeptus Administratum
Adeptus Administratum

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Brother Ezekiel Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:04 am

Unfortunately it seems that when I'm on the Chaos side,most Stormtroopers won't listen to what I say and instead try to shoot me.
Brother Ezekiel
Brother Ezekiel
Justicar
Justicar

Army : White Raven Space Marines 5th Company and the new Bloodoathed Chaos Space Marines,also Empire General Rainer 'Cursebreaker' 'Dwarf-helper' Raukovs independent 18th army of Nuln

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Klomster Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:32 am

A minor issue.

A friend of mine said that it might be a interesting game as long as i don't design it.

As according to him the assassins would be immortal, and all have a power that makes them shoot explosions from their halberds (coming from that i like halberds, he don't know the assassins)

And be totally broken, undetectable and kill everything. Razz
Klomster
Klomster
Adeptus Administratum
Adeptus Administratum

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkRonin Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:47 am

Meh, the Callidus and Vindicare would be undetectable until they make it known that their there (Vindicare less likely unless they somehow spot him). The Culexus and Eversor, everyone would know that their there (Hey, whats with that bloodcurdling scream of a very painful death from a silver soup spoon?).

Overall, it'll sound a lot like a hack and slash sort of game, which are fun. Honestly though, I would definitely get it unless I somehow get screwed over by THQ like how they made the game, Space Marines, an Xbox only game. The Eversor demands the love and attention of all who follow the temple!
DarkRonin
DarkRonin
Justicar
Justicar

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Grimhack Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:19 pm

The missions could get harder obviously, in inquisition wars the callidus assassin gets found out by a genestealer patriarch, there must be more ways to find them out.
Grimhack
Grimhack
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 684
Army : Daemonhunters
Registration date : 2009-11-20

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Klomster Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:11 pm

Well, each mission would be doable with each assassin.

Of course, in different ways.

And the assassins aren't undetectable. They are all very good at sneaking, but sneaking in plain view aint gonna help. (Unless you are an eversor)

Anyway, different approaches is key, and eversors don't always mindlessly slaughter all (just mostly)
Culexus is really the hardest to get right it seems.
Klomster
Klomster
Adeptus Administratum
Adeptus Administratum

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkRonin Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:42 pm

Maybe as a coop mode of sorts that it unlocks the Culexus, but as I see it based upon fluff, the mere presence of one would probably alert a psyker that he's nearby unless they don't know what an Untouchable is.

The Eversor is the ultimate sneaky assassin. He can hide in plain view and no one would know (Probably because they would get attempting to hide while also trying to hold their bladder).
DarkRonin
DarkRonin
Justicar
Justicar

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Klomster Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:46 am

Razz

That is a claim not everyone would agree on, but you make a point.

Coop assassins!!! I don't even want to know what you send 2 assassins after.
Klomster
Klomster
Adeptus Administratum
Adeptus Administratum

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowfire Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:08 am

A Primarch
Snowfire
Snowfire
Archivist
Archivist

Number of posts : 530
Army : Tayledras 13th Imperial Guard (Armoured, Mechanised and Airborne)
Registration date : 2008-03-31

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Klomster Sat Mar 13, 2010 5:16 am

True.

Or something worse O_O.

Anyway, how many did they send after Konrad again, i remember just one Callidus, but i might be wrong.
Klomster
Klomster
Adeptus Administratum
Adeptus Administratum

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkRonin Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:22 am

The Imperium sent multiple assassins after him over the years. One Calidus did finally get the kill, but that was because he allowed it compared to all of the other attempts at his life.
DarkRonin
DarkRonin
Justicar
Justicar

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Brother Ezekiel Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:22 am

But it is not know if the Primarch of the Night Lords,Konrad Curse truly is dead.It is said that the proof of his demise was a video where the assasin is shown trying to strike him.But before the strike hits the video is suddenly cut off,leaving us to wonder what truly happened.The Primarch could have easily avoided that strike,maybe knocked the assasin uncounsious and then brainwashed her to think that she actually killed him and use the video as to give her claims certain proof.However did he do it is open ¨to discussion and has yet to be made certain by fluff from GW.Maybe he is truly dead and just because he allowed it,after he had realised that he had become the same type of monster that he hunted down as the Night Hunter.Or maybe,just maybe he is still out there somewhere plotting some plan with his Night Lord subordinates.Nobody can truly claim what is right and what is wrong and tho it would have been noble of him to allow himself to be assasinated,I don't think he did that.
Brother Ezekiel
Brother Ezekiel
Justicar
Justicar

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Klomster Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:04 am

OK, then i remembered wrong.

But i was right on the callidus.
Who knows, theese "open to discussion" things are a fascinating part of 40k.
Klomster
Klomster
Adeptus Administratum
Adeptus Administratum

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Brother Ezekiel Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:22 am

I agree.
Brother Ezekiel
Brother Ezekiel
Justicar
Justicar

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkRonin Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:01 pm

It is, and unfortunately, as far as anything else that really builds up on the Night Haunter is what we see in the novel, "Lord of the Night." In there it challenges the fluff behind the confirmation of the kill, but we do know that the authors try to spin the fluff around from time to time.

Honestly though, I feel that Konrad Curze, despite being one of the Fallen Primarch's, he's one of my personal favorites as far as Primarchs go. Just gotta love the fluff behind him.
DarkRonin
DarkRonin
Justicar
Justicar

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Brother Ezekiel Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:25 am

I also truly like few Primarchs over others and these Primarchs would be Konrad Curze of Night lords,Corax of Raven Guard(his last words are truly epic and fitting for his disappearance.) Alpharious since you don't really know if he is fighting for Chaos or some other cause.
Brother Ezekiel
Brother Ezekiel
Justicar
Justicar

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Primarch Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:39 pm

The best thing about the fluff is that it is open to interpretation and is not entirely conclusive, adding an element of mystique.

An appropriate analogy would be, the film the Matrix, after one film had a lot of open questions that could be interpretated with imagination. Then they made sequels, filling the gaps and destroying the intrigue of the setting (in addition to being bad movies).

Much like WH40k, if GW were to reveal the fate of the primarchs, the primarchs and legions who were expunged from the list, the true origins of the grey knights, etc. I would certainly feel less mysterious and lack the imagination component.
Primarch
Primarch
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Number of posts : 461
Army : Grey Knights and a souless legion (crons)
Registration date : 2009-09-25

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Klomster Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:31 pm

True that.

But sometimes this mysteriousness thing can become daunting.

The mysterious chapters mysterious warriors, who mysteriously fight their mysterious enemy with their mysterious weapons and faith.

They have mysterious origins, mysterious dwelling, nothing is known of them, everything is shrouded in mystery.

They even have a rule that makes the enemy unable to act due to them beeing so mysterious the enemy is like WTF??? (Shrouding)

Our new codex will be called, codex, mystery marines. They are very mystical.
Klomster
Klomster
Adeptus Administratum
Adeptus Administratum

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Brother Ezekiel Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:25 pm

Yeah that can be a problem for you Imperials.Many make theyr own chapter mysterious just with the word mysterious and not giving any explanation as to why theyr are mysterious,what makes them so mysterious or even how mysterious are they.

Its like the blooder marines of this side.Everyone makes theyr own renegade chapter,part of a traitor legion or something far worse blood thirsty to the level that everyone is thougth to be Khornate atleast in the fluff.My friend Kati is not this kind of player.Even if she does yell mad and blood thirsty quates,her armys fluff doesn't revolve around her CSM being Khornate followers because they want to spill blood and collect skulls.No.They are Khornate because they value greatly martial proweness,which is one of the characters of Khornes followers tho that is usually over shadowed by the more popular blood spilling part.

Like many Nurgle fans want to spread pestilence,they also forget that Nurgle is the god of despair.They are usually shown as mad men ploated with pestilence and wanting to spread the gift of Nurgle to all.Tho its is a part of Nurgle its not all.

Like my squad of Nurgle Marines in the fluff they are more marines that are filled with despair because of the current situation theyr beloved chapter is in than those that would like to spread plague.As such they are an example of the other radical end of Nurgle,as they seem totally untouched by plague and look like normal marines except theyr viev on everything is different.This is because they are newly inducted into Nurgle worship and tho they worship Nurgle they see Nurgles plague on others as his gift on them,but if it were to touch them,it would be a curse since it might lower theyr capabilities in combat and as such decrease theyr effect on those who don't see Papa Nurgle as the best of the Chaos Gods.

Last edited by Brother Ezekiel on Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Brother Ezekiel
Brother Ezekiel
Justicar
Justicar

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next