Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2000 PT Fun/Fluff army (Inquisition + allied SM)

+4
rogueuk
Aubec le noir
Nausaden
Rivan
8 posters

Go down

2000 PT Fun/Fluff army (Inquisition + allied SM) Empty 2000 PT Fun/Fluff army (Inquisition + allied SM)

Post by Rivan Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:36 pm

Putting together an alternate army I want to play for fun. Gives me a chance to build/paint different models as well as utilize the sizeable amount of SM models I've accumulated). The list is centered around a female ordo malleus inquisitor I'm converting and I'll be asking my opponents' permission to use IA rules for my vehicles Very Happy

HQ - Inquisitor Lord Isadora Thrace w/ artificer armor, icon of the just, bolt pistol w/ psycannon bolts, master-crafted thunder hammer, and Holocaust. (If I'm actually playing vs. Chaos/Daemons, I'll drop the master craft and switch to a daemonhammer, add sacred incense, grimoire and Destroy Daemon)
Retinue - 3 warriors (1 w/ flamer, 1 w/ melta gun, 1 combat servitor), 1 familiar, 2 sages, 3 acolytes(all have power armor, bolt pistol and CCW).
Transport - Inquisitorial land raider (actually using a MK2B LR for this)

TR - 10 IST (1 flamer, 1 melta gun), chimera w/ autocannon turret and hull-mounted HB
TR - 10 IST (1 flamer, 1 melta gun), chimera w/ TWL HB turret and hull-mounted HB
EL - Eversor temple assassin
EL - 3 DC assassins
EL - 3 DC assassins

Red Hunters space marine allies:

TR - 10 man tactical squad (1 flamer, 1 HB), sergeant has chainsword, rhino transport
TR - 10 man tactical squad (1 flamer, 1 PC), sergeant has chainsword, rhino transport
HS - Predator annihilator w/ lascannon sponsons
HS - Space marine dread w/ MM, DCCW w/ HF, drop pod

I don't think it is as competitive as my pure GK list but it should be fun to play and still has a lot of flexibility.

Thoughts?
Rivan
Rivan
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 4404
Army : Grey Knights 7th Brotherhood, Salamanders
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

2000 PT Fun/Fluff army (Inquisition + allied SM) Empty Re: 2000 PT Fun/Fluff army (Inquisition + allied SM)

Post by Nausaden Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:47 pm

Sounds interesting; I too yearn to play more with the Inquisition/witch hunter's, and combining assassins and SM sounds like a good plan to me Very Happy I look forward to a full report when you get to throw this list in a game.
Nausaden
Nausaden
Terminator
Terminator

Number of posts : 1085
Army : Pure Grey Knights *Daemon Hunters*
Registration date : 2009-08-03

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

2000 PT Fun/Fluff army (Inquisition + allied SM) Empty Re: 2000 PT Fun/Fluff army (Inquisition + allied SM)

Post by Aubec le noir Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:08 am

question brother Rivan :
no energetic weapon or energetic glove for your SM, is it a fluff choice or a point choice ??
cause i would have put power fists on the SM sarges
but have fun with this new challenge !!
Aubec pirat
Aubec le noir
Aubec le noir
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 3745
Army : 40K : GK (curious isn't it ;-) ) WHB : Dwarfs, Ogres, Mercs
Registration date : 2009-11-01

Grey knight
stats:

http://lacompagniephoenix.bb-fr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rivan Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:58 pm

@Aubec: more of a points choice. I'd like to give the sergeants a PF or PW but I'll have to tweak the points first. The general idea is (depending on the mission of course) is the tactical squads will break up into combat squads with the heavy weapons staying put somewhere and providing covering fire Very Happy
Rivan
Rivan
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by rogueuk Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:45 pm

nice so this is the army you were talking about with the death cults and eversor
rogueuk
rogueuk
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Number of posts : 361
Army : tau, chaos marines, daemon hunters
Registration date : 2009-12-17

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rivan Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:48 pm

Yup. I know it'll all be hit or miss depending on deployment but I think I have a good mix of long range fire support and up-close threats w/ the assassins as well as the dread drop-podding in. The IL and retinue is also designed for close-combat and can assault out of her LR when necessary Very Happy
Rivan
Rivan
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aubec le noir Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:46 am

problem : the DC assassins are very fragile (too few saving even if it's invulnerable) : those would be your oponent's firts targets and for an anihilation game it will cost you a lot because as you know it every DC assassin is a unit
Aubec pirat
Aubec le noir
Aubec le noir
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rivan Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:52 am

Yeah, annihilation mission will be tough. Other than that though, I think it'll be fun. Imagine my 6 DC assassins charging a termie squad, they can only shoot 1 down (because they are all independent), and the other 5 will cut them to ribbons Very Happy
Rivan
Rivan
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aubec le noir Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:24 am

you're right it's a nice vision !! particularly with CSM termies !! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Aubec pirat
Aubec le noir
Aubec le noir
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Grimhack Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:56 am

I used it in 4th edition and must say I've wiped a few armies with them. Ahh those where the days... Charging with consolidation moves...
Grimhack
Grimhack
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 684
Army : Daemonhunters
Registration date : 2009-11-20

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Brother Ezekiel Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:29 am

Aubec le noir wrote:you're right it's a nice vision !! particularly with CSM termies !! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Aubec pirat

Tho you must realize your assasins can never reach one my terminator squads if it is important as I plan on using them as a termicide squad(meaning get every one a weapon that excels at something like combi-melta,combi-plasma or a combi-flamer,then deepstrike them to the best spot and unleash all the weapons against theyr targets,I'd say even the toughest ork mob will die in the flames of combi-flamers,the toughest of tanks will be wrecked under the heat ray of combi-meltas and even terminator armour will not save my enemy from combi-plasma death)
Brother Ezekiel
Brother Ezekiel
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 691
Location : Segmentum Obscurus,Battle Barge Immolative Onslaught
Army : White Raven Space Marines 5th Company and the new Bloodoathed Chaos Space Marines,also Empire General Rainer 'Cursebreaker' 'Dwarf-helper' Raukovs independent 18th army of Nuln
Registration date : 2008-11-30

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Grimhack Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:59 am

Yes but your fancy CSM terminators aren't fearless! A friend of me doesn't like to use them because with him they always run on the first test he has to make.
Grimhack
Grimhack
Justicar
Justicar

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aubec le noir Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:44 pm

Brother Ezekiel wrote:
Aubec le noir wrote:you're right it's a nice vision !! particularly with CSM termies !! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Aubec pirat

Tho you must realize your assasins can never reach one my terminator squads if it is important as I plan on using them as a termicide squad(meaning get every one a weapon that excels at something like combi-melta,combi-plasma or a combi-flamer,then deepstrike them to the best spot and unleash all the weapons against theyr targets,I'd say even the toughest ork mob will die in the flames of combi-flamers,the toughest of tanks will be wrecked under the heat ray of combi-meltas and even terminator armour will not save my enemy from combi-plasma death)

Bolter, laser, melta, stone ... for the DC assassins it's the same !! the 5+ saving is invulnerable !! Razz Razz tongue
Aubec pirat
Aubec le noir
Aubec le noir
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiberius Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:48 pm

Aubec le noir wrote:
Brother Ezekiel wrote:
Aubec pirat

Bolter, laser, melta, stone ... for the DC assassins it's the same !! the 5+ saving is invulnerable !! Razz Razz tongue
Aubec pirat

Correct me if wrong, but isn't the DC assassins inv. save 4+? Razz
Tiberius
Tiberius
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 159
Army : Daemonhunters -No Way!-, Necrons, Ultramarines, A minor Tau Force
Registration date : 2009-12-28

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Brother Ezekiel Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:58 pm

But I wonder why would the terminator target some lousy DC assassins?I mean I would rather use that squad to blow up his puny LR,plasma one of his SM squads to death or hell I might even try to kill his Inq ST if theyr out of theyr chimera,rather than waist a unit of terminator on some small DC assasins that can be shot to death by my other guys.I mean if I DS my terminator down and lets say I kill off that LR what will my opponent do?Use his/her DC assasins to kill off my terminators?I guess that means my other guys can focus on something else or atleast have an extra round of shooting against them.Maybe s/he'll use her other troops to kill them and advance his/her DC assasins on my other guys?Sure my other guys are spared from some of the shooting and can focus on his/her DCs and my termies will be propably wiped out.Maybe s/he will just ignore them?Okay,so s/he will give my other guys some more trouble,leaving my terminators to rampage behind his/her lines.At every option there is a good and bad side for me,but if she does decide to kill them,they have served theyr purpose as they aren't meant to survive,but even if my opponent ignores them,which is the worst option for me,I still have terminatos behind his/her lines,having filled theyr purpose and yet they are still alive so I can use them to shoot and hopefully tie up some of his weaker or stronger units and might even inflickt some casulties on them or better yet they might,if I'm lucky,cripple one the chimeras,forcing the IST to eather sit and do nothing(which I'll highly doupt) or come out and be torn apart in CC(as the terminators have better armour,skill,weapons and of course the most important,the blessing of the Dark Gods),after which they have more than made theyr part in the battle,even if they just run and shoot the enemy and maybe support others in cc at later time,they would have still been worth the investment in them.

Last edited by Brother Ezekiel on Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Brother Ezekiel
Brother Ezekiel
Justicar
Justicar

Army : White Raven Space Marines 5th Company and the new Bloodoathed Chaos Space Marines,also Empire General Rainer 'Cursebreaker' 'Dwarf-helper' Raukovs independent 18th army of Nuln

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Grimhack Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:27 pm

I see why you choose for chaos... The use of paragraphs is too orderly.
Grimhack
Grimhack
Justicar
Justicar

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rivan Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:22 pm

Razz Razz
Rivan
Rivan
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Brother Ezekiel Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:58 pm

yeah thats excatly the reason.

On another note,maybe I should post my CSM army list so that I can plant a litle fear in you before I'll maim your bodies and offer your blood to the gods.And on a yet another note I have the pleasure(a.k.a I have been forced) to field atleast 2 units of Cultist marines,which 1 squad must be berzekers(this is a test which will so that I am truly the Dark Gods followers.This thing was demanded by Kati,with whos army I'll be allying with in the battlefield and in the fluff,my armies fluff being:after the space marine chapter was declared Excomunicate Traitoris,they fled the Imperial forces,but the Inq Lord who was the real heretic,was in hot pursuit,making sure that no one would be told of his secreat.Desperate the Space Marines chapter in theyr battle barge made a desperate warp jump,without proper calculations and ended near the Maelstorm.Think they will be save for a while,they stopped and started repairing theyr ship,only to be attacked by another vessel.That vessel however was not Imperial,it was a Chaos Space Marine vessel,belonging to the Bloodsoaked.Eather the Bloodsoaked had not enough patience to destroy theyr enemy in space or they were siply overwhelmed by theyr sheer bloodlust or they wanted to take the vessel for themselves is only to be wondered.But they boarded the SM ship and fought the occupants for who know who long,but in the end the SM chapter surrendered.First the Bloodsoaked wanted to just sacrifice them to Khorne and take theyr vessel,but theyr leader saw an opportunity.So they offered them 2 options,death or converting to Chaos and pillaging the nearby systems with the Bloodsoaked.The choice was easy.They converted to Chaos,chancing theyr names to Oathbearers and the pillaging began.Maybe the commander of the Bloodsoaked saw an opportunity to cut his loses with the help of Oathbearers heavy weaponry.Maybe he just wanted to slaughter more people for Khorne using the Oathbearers as tool for that.Maybe he has a grand scheme for the Oathbearers,which is very unlike tho as he is not Champion of Tzeenzh.
Brother Ezekiel
Brother Ezekiel
Justicar
Justicar

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aubec le noir Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:52 am

i didn't answer for that reason... the paragraph gave me a head ache so i didn't read it (sorry B. Ezekiel Embarassed ) Razz Razz
Aubec pirat

Last edited by Aubec le noir on Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Aubec le noir
Aubec le noir
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Grimhack Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:34 am

Yes I also only read like 2 sentences...
Grimhack
Grimhack
Justicar
Justicar

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rivan Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:20 am

I didn't even make the second line... Very Happy
Rivan
Rivan
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkRonin Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:00 am

I've read it all and its an interesting theme you have going there Brother Ezekiel. Really bulky reading through, could use a break here and there but well thought out.

Also, Brother Rivan, I like how your list looks. Looks like it'll be a real fun list to play with.
DarkRonin
DarkRonin
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 554
Army : Grey Knights, Iron Knights, Salamanders, Thousand Sons, Mono-Tzeentch Daemons
Registration date : 2009-10-25

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Brother Ezekiel Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:00 pm

Thanks Ronin I tried to make fit in 2 things,an exxcomunicate traitoris chapter which was declared to by corrupted Inqusitor/Inqusition and a way to make my CSM be able to ally with Katis CSM that would be cool,but still possible,because unless a SM chapter would be driven into an airtight corner and became desperate for allys,only then could they actually consider really converting to Chaos.
Tho thanks for the advice and I'll try to make it a litle less bulky next time.I'm glad to that someways not a lazy bum and actually read it.
Brother Ezekiel
Brother Ezekiel
Justicar
Justicar

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down