Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Space marine vs jedi. By Klomster.

+4
Rivan
Primarch
Strasz
Klomster
8 posters

Go down

Space marine vs jedi. By Klomster. Empty Space marine vs jedi. By Klomster.

Post by Klomster Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:35 pm

I was bored and suddently spotted a thread at heresy online that was about who would win when a space marine (or a grey knight) vs a jedi.

So i thought, this needs to end, and made this story!

Sadly it didn't stop the argument, but i got atleast one: "*thumbs up* awesome story"

Here it goes.

[Loading battle]
Arena....... industry area.
Weapons....... Lightsaber, bolter, combat knife, chainsword, force powers, frag grenade.
Ranks....... Knight, veteran battle brother.
START!

As the automated door opened as the robed figure entered, with a wave of his hand the door closed behind the man, hissing and stopping with a silent thud.

The robed figure keeps walking trough the greasy hallway, heavy machinery litter the area, also large metal crates gives plenty of cover for his advance.

His mission was simple, get to the terminal and download the data for......

Without any warning, the wall explodes, a massive armoured form crasches trough the concrete/plasteel wall, 30cm thick.

Concrete rubble and iron supports fly trough the large dustcloud from the dry concrete that slowly letting the huge armoured form appear.
A dark green armour, with black linings, on his shoulder, the shape of a burning salamander head.

..... after entering the manufactorum, the armours machine spirit needed to reawake.
The inbuilt signum detects something in front of him.

The space marine rises, about a metre taller than the robed figure in front of him.

In front of the massive warrior, the robed figure removes his hood, revealing his identiy...
A Kel'dor.

-Death to the xenos! The space marine quickly raises his bolter and fire at the agile jedi.

The Kel'dor quicky take cover behind a large curved piece of machinery. But quickly realise that the weapon of his adversary is the most destructive he has seen of it's size.
And barely jump out of the way as the curved machinery is destroyed by the withering hail of bolter shells.
He is tossed to the ground and strewn with small hot dirty pieces of metal and plastic, trying to stand up the jedi feels a heavy tread on his chest.

Feeling his triumph over the alien, the space marine aims his bolter at the head of the alien under his foot.

Sensing his doom the jedi search his inner feelings, and suddently.... he sees it.

A huge mining machine with a huge hydraulic arm is just a few metres behins them.
With a flick of his hand the excavator suddently swings around and smash into the marine.

Caught unaware the marine is swung by the force of the turning machine.
And as both of the combatants scramble to their feet, the marine talks in his vox.

-I have encountered an unidentified alien creature, the target is a psyker..... yes, he will not live to see daylight again.

The armoured beast can talk? Fascinating. The Kel'dor thought, not used to theese kinds of brutes caring for advanced speach or tactics, this should be an easy battle.

The jedi unsheath his lightsaber, a blue light is cast over the area.

-The enemy is armed with a type of power weapon, will proceed with caution....

With that heavy armour, my enemy will be severely hampered, i will be able to dodge his slow attacks easily.

-Into the fires of battle, unto the anvil of war!!!! The armoured "man" suddently yells and sprints with chainsword raised towards his target.

-Oh snap. The jedi utters before having to do a fast backflip in order to not beeing annahilated by the sheer strength behind the blow.

The rooaring chainblade crashes into the ground, its obviously sturdy design somehow survived the strike and the marine fired his bolter onehandedly while rising.

The jedi quickly moved a metal crate in the way, almost 1,5 metre in heaight it should be enough..... DODGE.
Surprised the jedi realises he has to dodge the bullets crashing trough even theese heavy crates with enough explosive force to even penetrate theese kind of boxes.

Behind the jedi, the crate is severed in two and collapses on itself as the marine follows the jedi with well aimed bolter shots, small craters is riddled behind the fast moving jedi becouse of the repeated explosions from the bolter shells crashing into the plasteel walls, shooting out small amounts of debris after the unbelivably fast sprinting xeno psyker.
With a sudden surge the jedi lunges with a high jump towards his adversary, just as the marine raise his bolter to blast him apart in mid air the bolter runs out of bullets and the salamander curse his ignorance and throws it at his enemy.

The jedi counters with a force blast sending the bolter crashing into his chainsword arm setting the salamander marine slightly off balance, thinking this will be an easy finishing blow, the marine suddently swing with his other arm, hitting the jedi in his midsection, luckily for the jedi, the marine didn't get his full strength into the blow.

So instead of eviscerating the jedi with the strike, he is just flung 5 metres away.

There was no time to reload, the marine charged with his chainsword, the jedi doing a fast spin to get up quickly, the marine swings with fast blows, which the jedi in his slightly disoriented and overwhelmed situation is barely able to dodge, his lightsaber lying 3 metres to his right.

This speed is not what i expected from this brute, i am barely able to dodge his strikes becouse of the short interval betwen the blows.
Focusing his mind he calls for his blade, recieving it just in time to meet with the rooaring chainweapon of his enemy, severing it in two, and rolls away.

Turning around and studying his weapon, the marine discards it and draws his knife.
-You got my chainsword... xeno scum, then i will have to defeat you with just my knife!
The marine said tauntingly to the jedi.

His knife? That's almost the size of a camorrean axe?

The combatants lunged at eachother, exhanging quick blows and dodgning eachothers attacks.
Even with that heavy armour, he is still able to mova like that? The jedi wonders, and barely dodge an upwards swing from the "knife".

Now was his chance, with a quick slash the jedi was able to chop of the left hand of the armoured beast, his knife hand.

-Give up noble adversary, i have defeated you, i will let you go! The jedi said to the "man" holding his severed arm.

-You think you will defeat one of the emperors finest that easily? The armoured giant said with a slight humourus tone.
Without warning he grabbed a small device and threw it, sensing the danger the jedi quickly jumped away.
The frag exploded, sending the jedi flying from the shockwave, the marine cowering his visors from the flying debris from the blast.

The jedi saw an oppurtunity, springing off from another excavator he slashed at the head of the armoured giant.
The marine barely avoided, his helmet severely damaged, falling off as the marine did a fast spin missing the xeno with his clenched fist.
The fist crashed into the wall behind the jedi, they were now mere centimetres from eachothers, staring into eachothers faces.

-You are a human after all? The Kel'dor say surprised.

-No............ The salamander grabs the xeno by his jacket.

-I AM A SPACE MARINE!!!! The space marine rooars as he throws the jedi towards one of those inconviniently placed neverending holes.

The jedi crashes into the steel floor, tumbling and not getting his footing or grip until he falls down the hole, barely holding on to its edge.

The marine slowly walks forth to the alien, standing above it like a dark giant.
The light from above only letting the Kel'dor see his sihluette.

-Prepare to die...... the marine utters as he raises his foot to crush the hand that the alien is using to hang on.

But with a mighty leap, the jedi flies up from the hole, never seeing the like before the marine is caught unaware and recieves a grivious wound on his chest.

Landing behind the space marine, the jedi look back, only to see that after a wound that would have severed a man in 2, and after the loss of his arm, the space marine was still walking towards him, with hateful eyes.

-FOR THE EMPEROR!!! He yelled and lunged towards the jedi, managing to grab his arm, he crushed it with his vice-like grip, and held to the floor.
But the jedi, had one last trick up his sleeve, which the space marine found out very soon.

The blade of the jedi had penetrated his chest, the damage was irrepairable, and he felt his life seep away from him.

Just managing to slip away to not get crushed by the giant, the jedi limped off, holding his ruined arm in pain.

He had managed to best his adversary, but barely.
Moving to finish his mission at the computer central, the jedi opened another door and.....

BLAM!

The xeno fell dead before his feet, fell by a psycannon bolt, not even a psyker could sense that coming.

His work done here, the grey knight left a small beacon for the salamnders to find, letting them know where their fallen brother was.

Outcome....... slight jedi win.
Klomster
Klomster
Adeptus Administratum
Adeptus Administratum

Number of posts : 4321
Army : Think positive, it will soon get worse. (Mechanicus)
Registration date : 2007-12-21

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Space marine vs jedi. By Klomster. Empty Re: Space marine vs jedi. By Klomster.

Post by Strasz Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:28 am

and the Grey Knight steals the kill lol!

Awesome story, 2 thumbs up!!
Strasz
Strasz
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 48
Army : Grey Knights / Eldar
Registration date : 2009-09-29

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Klomster Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:35 pm

As the people on heresy online don't seem to know their standard 40k lore.
(Thinking the lightning is the imperiums ship to ship fighter interceptor, Hmph, laughable, it's the fury interceptor, nothing else.)

I made another story, now with grey knights in it, becouse they wanted that.
They will of course complain, but i will defend our brotherhood.

Grey knights pwns jedi's, no questions asked.

Jedi knight vs...... grey knight??? Ok, here goes, the last story continues.

......battle brother Durus of the grey knights turned around, walking to the terminal where the xeno psyker was walking, strange cogitator this is.

With curved buttons, and colours, and pleasant lights.

Distasteful, a grey knight doesn't need fancy stuff like this, it's a waste of time constructing anything else than spartan like simplicity.

A small disc is ejected from the machine, and Durus puts it in his beltpouch.

Walking out of the room, a human suddently stands there..... a psyker.

-You killed my companion foul...... thing, prepare to feel my vengeance! (Or something, in search for better words)

-The enemies of man cannot be left to live, and as a companion of a xeno you are a heretic, and a psyker ontop of that, prepare to feel the judgement of the righteus!

-Psyker? Heretic? What are theese things you speak of........ GAAH!

BLAM! BLAM! BLAM!

Jumping out of the way, the jedi was just acting on when he saw the giant in silver armour lifting his gauntlet mounted weapon.
Firing twice as fast but the same type of shells like the other weapon, and he couldn't even sense it coming.

[Jedi casts mind trick]

-You futile power is feeble compared to the might of the god-emperor!
Durus answers while the attacks flickers around the grey knight in a short burst of blue flame.

Durus marched closer, readying his nemesis force halberd.

That weapon.... it's taller than i am! And the size! And he wields it like it weighs nothing?

The jedi readies his blade, a green lightsaber.

-Two psykers with a power blade each? This job was easier than i thought!

The grey knight say this as he walks closer, waiting for his opponets move.
And Durus began the prayer of detestation.

The jedi now at unease, cast [force push] with all his force, it should be enough to send him........

..... shall guide me trough the darkness, and the light will show the way trough......

The attack, powerful enough to send a squad of stormtroopers flying, simply dissipated with that blue flame.

Durus eyes began shining, with an inner blue light of purity.

SUDDENTLY.

Durus lunged, his halberd crashing down into the floor, sending bits flying all around, bathed in a blue waving flame, durus appeared like a brazier of the blue light of the emperor.

The jedi barely dodged, the speed of the strike, the power of the impact, but his weapon is stuck in the floor, here is my chance.

And as the jedi attacked, the grey knight simply lifted his very not stuck to the floor blade and did a low strike, severing both of the jedis legs.

Crawling, trying to get away from the burning monstrosity, the jedi moved with feeble attempts.

Following him was Durus, and as the jedi backed into a crate, Durus stopped ontop of him.

-This is the judgement of the righteus! And Durus shot the jedi once with his storm bolter.

Durus > Storm bolter (head shot)> Jedi

Durus continued walking, but BLUE LIGHTNING APPEARS!!!!

*Fizzle*

-? Durus wonders, another psyker?

From the ceiling a dark robed man with a similar power blade but red jumps and touches ground.

-I am darth Wha't'ev'er and my master....

BLAM! BLAM! BLAM! BLAM! BLAM! BLAM!

As the sith tries to block the psycannon bolts, he fails, and is splattered to pieces.

Durus > Storm bolter > Darth Wha't'ev'er

Red meat covers the floor where the psyker had stood, only his power weapon was still completely intact.

Durus, as before began walking out of the place.......

-HAHAHAHAAahahahaaa!!! Dark voice laughs.

-*Sigh* Durus utters.

-You are strong in the force, but not as strong as i! The kinda fancier black dressed psyker say.

-So that is what you call your warpspawned power? The force? Pathetic! Durus calls out.

Darth Sith'D'ude master, pulls out a lightsaber. And another one.

Two power weapons? Theese guys have resources.

-Come, join the dark side, i sense great power in you, you can accomplish many grea..........

BLAM! BLAM! BLAM! BLAM! BLAM! BLAM!

Durus > Storm bolter (Head shot)> Darth Sith'D'ude master

Darth Inse'rt ran'dom'na me'here master appears and drops a whole floor on Durus.

-Ouch. Durus utters.

-You have no other chance than to join the dark side.
The heretical psyker say.

-Coordinates, 2.4.9.9 extraction needed, trapped beneath fallen debris.
Durus emosionlessly seaks in his voice.

-? Fallen debris? I dropped half the house on you!
The now kinda mad sith say, becouse his enemy is ignoring his awesome speach.
(Jedi's and sith always have pointless speaches, and drop their lightsabers.)

-Anyway, DIE NOW, ENEMY OF THE DARK SIDE!!!!

And the sith throws his lightsaber and it goes straight towards the trapped Durus.

*ZOOOOOOOOOOMM!!!!*[Insert warp sparkles here]

An even more huge silver armoured warrior now stands there.

*Lightsaber bouncing on refractor field sound*

-Brother, you needed my aid? Battle brother Reva, of the terminator squad ask Durus.

-Yes, i got stuck here by this rubble.
Durus answers.

-I will help you!
Reva tell Durus and begins moving towards his brother to aid him.

And with a skyrocketing leap and a [force pull] later, the sith is attacking the grey knight terminator with unnatural speed.

Reva does a slice with his halberd, hitting the lightsaber and breaking the wrist of its user, and then proceeds with incinerating the screaming psyker with his incinerator.

Reva > Incinerator (Everything)> Darth Inse'rt ran'dom'na me'here master.

And Reva removes enough of the debris to free Durus.

And they walk out of there.

Outcome, Supreme grey knight win.
Klomster
Klomster
Adeptus Administratum
Adeptus Administratum

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Primarch Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:00 am

Wow this is great!

Its very funny Smile
Primarch
Primarch
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Number of posts : 461
Army : Grey Knights and a souless legion (crons)
Registration date : 2009-09-25

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rivan Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:22 am

LOL Razz
Rivan
Rivan
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 4404
Army : Grey Knights 7th Brotherhood, Salamanders
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealadin Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:26 am

lol as much as I love the stories Jedi Knights would own pretty much anything 1v1 in the 40k universe imo. Especially with a lightsabre, there is no way any creature could actively fight a Jedi in CC because the Jedi has a sword which can cut through anything, and basically can't be defended against.

Jedi Master = Emperor
Jedi Knight = Custodian (maybe)
Zealadin
Zealadin
Grand Master
Grand Master

Number of posts : 3279
Army : Retired Eldar, Puritan Grey Knights, Dark Eldar
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Grey knight
stats:

http://kael-din.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Primarch Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:28 am

I was under the impression that the thickness of the material a jedi was cutting with his lightsaber was important.

I remember in star wars ep1 qui gon was trying to cut through the blast doors and its was taking ages.

Since a SM is a walking blast door, in CC i think its balanced
Primarch
Primarch
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealadin Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:45 am

The blast door was thicker than the length of his sword Razz

See the reason I can't see a SM winning is because a Jedi can tell what his opponent will do next and will always be a step ahead against anyone who isn't another Jedi or Sith, without being far far far faster than a Jedi its unlikely a SM could match one, with a lightsabre on the SM it would be more equal seeing as how he could then block and use the sabre to fend off incoming blows
Zealadin
Zealadin
Grand Master
Grand Master

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Primarch Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:47 am

Thats true,

But I wasn't refering to swords, just armour. I was thinking that the jedi would try to cut of the SMs arm and the SM would respond by punching him in the face.

And it would be lol... but not really.

But anyways, its all circumstantial, and at CC a Jedi would edge out and win. A grey knight would crush those xeno heretics!
Primarch
Primarch
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealadin Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:10 am

I think the main thing to remember is a GK is just a slightly less trained jedi in armour with cool weaponry. Obviously if jedi's where in the 40k universe they would be the same people as become GKs
Naturally though a GK is far superior to a SM Razz
Zealadin
Zealadin
Grand Master
Grand Master

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Klomster Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:18 am

NOOOO!

I got the argument here, what have i done!

*Cries in a corner*

This argument is still in heated debate over at heresy online, and they only have alot of meaningless arguments all the time.

As for jedi master equal emperor claim.

What is this thought of heresy, nothing can even comprehend beeing as powerful as our beloved god Emperor! (Blessed be his name)

Nah, jedi knights and masters would be like inquisitors. As inquisitors can be very powerful, now i'm talking about fighting prowess.
Klomster
Klomster
Adeptus Administratum
Adeptus Administratum

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Amareo Davion Sat Oct 17, 2009 1:48 pm

Zealadin wrote:I think the main thing to remember is a GK is just a slightly less trained jedi in armour with cool weaponry. Obviously if jedi's where in the 40k universe they would be the same people as become GKs
Naturally though a GK is far superior to a SM Razz

Actually Space Marines spend most of their usual day training for battle for several hours. With the grey knights, I think they do it even more. Jedi spend about the same time training and going into meditation, but remember that they aren't space marines and so can't train continously for several hours.
Amareo Davion
Amareo Davion
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 144
Army : Space Marines
Registration date : 2009-04-23

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealadin Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:04 am

Normal warriors in medieval times trained for several hours each day.... its nothing unusual, the lore for 40k just is typically unrealistic in many ways, because they have trouble setting benchmarks that will fit throughout the lore.
Even now people really into martial arts may train for that kind of period, or sports people. I know some sports people train 6-8 hours a day.
Also I have a vague memory Jedi are able to stay awake much longer than normal humans, and a plethora of other abilities that make them practically super human.

Plus a Jedi is all about finese not brute power, even if the GK was an equally skilled warrior, against a lightsabre he is going to be in trouble. He would need to be significantly faster, smarter and more skilled to stand a chance. A lightsabre to me is basically a plasma cannon beam, cuts through pretty much anything, and unless versing say terminator armour would take off a limb no problems. A BC or GM with a force weapon being able to nick a Jedi and then basically suck out his soul might make it a bit more challenging.

Plus again everyone seems to be totally ignoring the Jedi's use of the force to be able to feel what is happening and what someones reaction will be far before the action takes place. Argueing that the jedi's powers are just psychic powers in the 40k universe isn't worthy of arguement at all, you are either talking about a Jedi like in proper jedi books and novels, with all their skills, or you are talking about some make beleive person in the 40k universe you are calling a 'jedi' with no real connection to what a proper jedi is in another storyline universe except robes and a lightsabre.
Its pretty impossible to compare because its so situational, I mean we don't know how storm bolter shots would compare to a laser in travel time, if its similar the Jedi would probably be able to easily avoid them, if much faster (unlikely) then it might be good game right there.
My opinion is a lightsabre would cut straight through power armour, but if I'm wrong and its resistant enough to not be instantly cut then again its a pretty different story.
Also if a Jedi knew he was being hunted, he might just use the force to pick up a hugely heavy object and just drop it on whoever is after him.
Zealadin
Zealadin
Grand Master
Grand Master

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Corennus Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:22 am

lightsaber cuts through any armour, but probably would be slowed by Iron Halo/Rosarius etc. They can't cut through Ray Shields in the SW universe, so that is what the Inv Save might be.

But against a Power Weapon a Lightsaber would just cut straight through it.

For an in-universe counterpart look at a Solus blade wielded by Inquisitor Eisenhorn.
Corennus
Corennus
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 664
Army : Ex player from 5th ed.
Registration date : 2011-02-11

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Corennus Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:23 am

now....a Sith Lord vs a Grey Knifght Librarian.....
Corennus
Corennus
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 664
Army : Ex player from 5th ed.
Registration date : 2011-02-11

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Klomster Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:16 am

Nah, sorry. No sith lord vs librarian.
Not in the mood.

Plus this is just one of many really old entries i just moved from the old fluff section to this one.
Klomster
Klomster
Adeptus Administratum
Adeptus Administratum

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rion Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:10 am

Gentlemen I can settle this argument here and now. We're dealing with 2 worlds with 2 different rules of physics. And each have it's own advantages and disadvantages. The closest we get to Jedi here are Eldar Farseers and they vs any SM/GK (lore wise) comes down to a matter of skill.

But I will say this 40k has lightsabers. Tau battle suits have them (farsight encolave). And the Imperium have some. Gregor Eisenhorn used one for a while and they are available in the Dark Heresy supplement Inquisitors Handbook.
Rion
Rion
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 627
Army : Grey Knights, Knights Camlann (Space Marine)
Registration date : 2012-03-30

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Klomster Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:45 am

Sollex aegis power blade.

That's what it's called in dark heresy.
To be honest i sorta used that one for my reference when making this story Razz
Klomster
Klomster
Adeptus Administratum
Adeptus Administratum

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rion Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:26 am

mwhahahahahaha yes and an awesome blade it is. Twisted Evil 
Rion
Rion
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 627
Army : Grey Knights, Knights Camlann (Space Marine)
Registration date : 2012-03-30

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down