Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Predator vs space marine.

+4
Corennus
librisrouge
Rivan
Klomster
8 posters

Go down

Predator vs space marine. Empty Predator vs space marine.

Post by Klomster Mon May 16, 2011 3:30 pm

Some might remember the space marine vs jedi fight i did some time ago.

Well, now i've done a similar one, but with the dreaded predator vs an assult marine.

As quoted from Heresy online.
---------------------------------------------------------
Hmm, i'm tempted to do a thing.

I did the same with a jedi vs space marine thread.

Ok, here goes.
Predator vs space marine. Predator2
Predator vs space marine. Doom_Eagles_Assault_Marine
[Loading battle]
Arena....... The internet super colliseum.
Weapons....... Mono Molecular blades, blade boomerang, plasma casters, the element of surprise, bolt pistol, combat knife, chainsword.
Ranks....... Predator, assult marine battle brother.
START!

The cheers of the audience was maddening, thousands were there to watch the show, and what a show it would be.

From the furthest reaches of space, two great warriors, both the best of their civilisation had been summoned there to fight to the death!

The doom eagle assult marine looked at the surrounding arena, young and old people had gathered, and he was the centre of attention.

But he was not alone.

On the other side of the hot sand of the ancient arena, was a strange alien, with a hauntingly hideous helm and peculiar weapons.
The two warriors gazed upon each others, for what seemed like an aeon they studied each other, trying to make sense of their soon to be opponet, for there could be not other way.

One had to fall, that was the way of the arena.

With a booming voice, the arena was enlightened.
"-Warriors! You have been summoned by the people who feel for you, who believe in you, who abhore you and adore you!"

The two on the sand gazed upon the altar above, the speaker could not be seen.
The voice kept going.

"-Now, by the will of your followers, you must fight for that is the way of the arena.... may the best warrior win!"

With that a horn blared and the crowd cheered..... the fight was on.

The enemy was a strong xeno brother Thernak thought, an alien which had to die!

The predators only thought was 'Prey'

Suddently the predator became invisible, Thernak was surprised that the beast had such an effective cloaking field.
He quickly switched to infra-red, no one knew where the predator was.
Thernak watched the ground in the arena, he could not have run far. Sweeping his pistol arm where he looked.

What the space marine didn't know, was that the predator was hanging from a wall, charging his shoulder cannon.

By chance Thernak heard the whining of a charging weapon, and just in time saw the red form upon his visor as it fired.
The dodge was clumsy, and not enough, and the alien weapon plunged into his shoulder plate as it tore away the top layers leaving only the mesh metal below visible in the hissing hole.
Thernak immidiately opened fire, the alien dodging his bullets better than him, and soon it was gone again....

This was not a battle in his favor Thernak realised, he could not keep doing this and needed to adjust his tactics.

The predator senses was tingling with joy, a worthy foe, worthy trophies.

The cannon spat again, but this time Thernak was more prepared and dodged the shot completely with a powerful and fast rearward jump.

The blast disintegrating the sand it touched before him.

But now he saw his foe, and he let loose with the bolt pistol, shot after shot barked out of the pistol and slammed into the wall behind the agile alien as he ran along the arena floor.

One of the bolts suddently hit a great glancing blow to the predators back, enough to trigger the mass reactive warhead and it exploded behind the predator throwing him of balance and to the sandy ground.

The blast damaged the predators cloaking field, and it flickered on from time to time as he was rising up.
Just as Thornak was to blast a shot into the alien the clip clicked dry.

The predator was quickly up on his feet and threw a scythed three-bladed boomerang with superior strength.

The attack came as a complete surprise and it slammed into Thornak's chest, getting stuck in his armour and puncturing one of his lungs.

Thornak coughed, he tasted blood in his mouth and the pain killers did not reach the areas fast enough for the pain to be ignored.

"-I am a space marine!...." Thornak spoke while dragging the boomerang out of his chest and throwing it aside, the predators only response was a hiss.
"-I fight for mankind, the honour of my chapter, and....." The predator ignored his ramblings and charged the shoulder cannon.
"-...FOR THE EMPEROR!!!" Thornak rooared as he kicked his jump pack into life and flung towards the beast.

The predator standing awestruck for half a second, lost his lock on and fired into the air missing and jumped aside.
Thornak came crashing down, the ground shoock at his footfall and he immidiately lunged with his rooaring chainsword at the predator, who blocked the strike with two vicious claws mounted on his left wrist.

The crowd rooared.

The giant and the monster exchanged blows at a remarkeable speed, blocking and dodging, the predator got the first hit.
His blades digging into Thornak's side, blood was literally dripping onto the ground.

The two stared into eachothers visors, it was easy to imagine small lightning bolts or flames erupting between them as the rage was at its peak.

Thornak grabbed the predators arm, and with a great yank and a rooar he dragged the arm out of the wound and kneed the beast in the torso, the predator responded with a left hook that slammed into Thornak's helm. The battered ceramite and glass revealing a hateful eye inside.

Thornak pushed the rooaring chainsword into the alien arm he was holding, making a great gashing wound.
The predator made a pain-filled yell and yanked his arm loose, backing off holding his wounded arm.

And just as Thornak was to deliver a final blow the predator skipped sideways and jumped into the crowds.
Thornak responded with drawing his pistol, slamming a fresh mag in and letting loose with the bolts.
The predator ran straight through the crowded seats, a troll got slashed to pieces as a gamer was pushed of his seat and fell screaming towards below.
Mass-reactive shells following the running predators every move, slamming into stone bench and forum dweller alike. (Hint, the crowd is us forum people Razz)

Thornak threw his ruined helmet aside and spat out a tooth.
He was out of bolts, and as the predator jumped out from the benches in a high arc sooarig through the air.
Thornak leapt, fire blazing from the jump pack in a thundering attack.

Mid-air the predator fired his cannon, but a slight mis-calculation sent the chainsword into a bubbling mess.
The rooaring space marine slammed into the predator sending him straight back from where he came and crashed with a boom into the stone, crushing two people.

Thornak was punching the predator, his fists smashing into the aliens face and after a few heavy blows, the face mask became no more and revealed a hideous face that hissed with hatred.

Thornak was so put off by the visage that he stopped his barrage of hits for a while, enough for the predator to act.

With a mighty kick the space marine was flung off the alien, landing just near the edge to the sand below, his head hanging precariously above the arena floor.

The predator walked forth and was to strike at Thornak's throat with his twin blades, but the space marine grabbed the wrist. And threw the scene into suspence, the predator pushing down, the space marine holding the blades off, meere millimetres from his throat.

With a kick in the back the space marine sent the predator toppling over him, the alien falling towards the sandy arena floor, just as he was to slam into the ground the cloak became fully functional and the predator was gone.

Thornak sat himself up. Looking, trying to find his foe. But he was nowhere to be seen.

The prey was in front of him now, wounded, gasping for air, and had no clue was he was.... just as he liked them.

Then suddently, the prey turned, pistol in hand pointing towards him.

"-Bet you didn't expect this?" The prey spoke, but it was impossible, he had counted the shots, he was supposed to be out of ammo!

The shot plunged everything else into silence, the echo lasting long enough to set anyone off their nerves.

The predators head exploded, but.... there was a great noise, as from something charging and Thornak just realised when the body of his foe exploded.

The blast throwing him down on the arena floor, ruined in body, out of weapons... a last bolt granted by the emperor, he was thankful.

The horn blared again, and the booming voice echoed.
"-We have a winner! The space marine!"

Result.
The battle was very even, the predator pretty much dominating the situation with his sneaky tactics, although was at a disadvantage compared to his normal foes, so had to work a bit harder.

The space marine was very wounded and out of weapons.

The reason i let the predator loose was arrogance, they like to boast, and take trophies and as such, wanted a trophy kill.

I thought that the pics in the first post was what to go after and had the space marine be an assult marine, beeing slightly less experienced than a tactical marine, but better weapons for the situation, it felt even.

So result is.
Marginal space marine win.
8 dead forum trolls, 2 gamers and 3 unknown people died.
Resulting in 13 dead internet dwellers Razz

Hope it was entertaining.

[Note that i base this on my current view of the two characters, the predator i base on what i've seen in the movies and the space marine is my view on their power level, if i F-ed up much please tell, but i think i got it right.]

Enjoy Razz
Klomster
Klomster
Adeptus Administratum
Adeptus Administratum

Number of posts : 4321
Army : Think positive, it will soon get worse. (Mechanicus)
Registration date : 2007-12-21

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Predator vs space marine. Empty Re: Predator vs space marine.

Post by Rivan Mon May 16, 2011 4:15 pm

Awesome! Very Happy
Rivan
Rivan
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 4404
Army : Grey Knights 7th Brotherhood, Salamanders
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by librisrouge Tue May 17, 2011 12:53 am

Very well done sir!

I always wonder with these things regarding stuff like the Predators strength and the quality of the Assault Marine's chainsword. I know that the Predator's equipment is non-standard/space age stuff but I just have a hard time picturing it throwing through the chest plate of power armor, just as I have a hard time picturing it blocking a chainsword effectively with it's arm blades and such. A Space Marine in Close-Quarters is a fearless beast of destruction. He'd push through blocks and crush bone with fists.

I'd have given the marine a clear victory baring the Predator killing it early with stealth and it's shoulder cannon.

Obviously though my view would make for dramatically less exciting reading though.
librisrouge
librisrouge
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2010-09-30

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Klomster Tue May 17, 2011 12:02 pm

I just aim to create a cool fight where i let one part come out victorious after an epic battle.

In the jedi vs space marine i let the jedi win.
Is on the site somewhere.
Klomster
Klomster
Adeptus Administratum
Adeptus Administratum

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Corennus Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:28 am

Very good. The only thing I think you forgot was the auto-senses of the space marine's armour would render the Chameleon effect of the predator virtually useless.

But yes, the predator blowing up at the end would be a nasty surprise.

Now do it with the Marine in Terminator Armour! lol
Corennus
Corennus
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 664
Army : Ex player from 5th ed.
Registration date : 2011-02-11

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Klomster Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:40 am

I am glad you liked it.

But do remember that a lot of the focus of this story is to create a believable outcome with an exciting battle.

The terminator armour fight would be a bit one-sided Razz
Klomster
Klomster
Adeptus Administratum
Adeptus Administratum

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Corennus Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:14 am

No. a one-sided fight would be predator vs Grey Knight Librarian lol
Corennus
Corennus
Justicar
Justicar

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rion Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:28 pm

Corennus wrote:No. a one-sided fight would be predator vs Grey Knight Librarian lol
No lie

GK Librarin -bathes the whole arena in lightning. Everything dies-
Rion
Rion
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 627
Army : Grey Knights, Knights Camlann (Space Marine)
Registration date : 2012-03-30

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:16 pm

This was a fun read. I think the predator's glowing green blood would have given him away a little. But I enjoyed the read. Thank you.
Any plans for the next battle?

GK Grand master or Librarian against a greater Daemon...
Constantine
Constantine
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 5819
Army : Grand Master Mordrak's Brotherhood, Deathwing...Pretty much any first company! I LOVE terminators!!!
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Klomster Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:43 am

The inspiration from these come from browsing heresy forums and seeing some stupid vs thread they have on.

And they've always got the 40k stuff wrong.

My favorite being "The lightning interceptor is the imperiums primary space fighter."

No..... no it is not.

It's the fury interceptor, anything smaller is pointless in space.

And yes, i'm nerding out again Razz
Klomster
Klomster
Adeptus Administratum
Adeptus Administratum

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rion Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:25 am

lol nerd all you want Klomster that's why we're here lol
Rion
Rion
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 627
Army : Grey Knights, Knights Camlann (Space Marine)
Registration date : 2012-03-30

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Corennus Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:24 am

Grand Master wins vs greater daemon in my opinion.
Reasons:

Better WS, more wounds, Iron Halo and Nemesis Force sword = 3+ inv save. and also access to psychotroke and rad grenades.

Librarian would have to take Quicksilver, Dark Excommunication, and Mastery Level 3 to really stand toe to toe with a greater daemon.
Corennus
Corennus
Justicar
Justicar

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:51 am

Never underestimate the great enemy Brother!!!Evil or Very Mad 
I think it could make for a great read study
Constantine
Constantine
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 5819
Army : Grand Master Mordrak's Brotherhood, Deathwing...Pretty much any first company! I LOVE terminators!!!
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by iggy666 Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:16 am

I'm sure glad the space marine was able to kill that which has been killed by regular humans in the movies =P

iggy666
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2012-01-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Thunder Shark Thu May 15, 2014 11:04 am

Someone should do Grey Knight verses corrupt congressman.

Thunder Shark
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Number of posts : 376
Army : Grey Knights(growing and current)/Imperial Guard(retired)/Dwarfs(retired)/Lizardmen(Collection purposes)
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Klomster Fri May 16, 2014 6:54 pm

Grey knight vs corrupt congressman ey?

An ugly battle, no one will go out unscathed from that one.
Klomster
Klomster
Adeptus Administratum
Adeptus Administratum

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Thunder Shark Fri May 16, 2014 7:22 pm

but a needed one.

Thunder Shark
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Number of posts : 376
Army : Grey Knights(growing and current)/Imperial Guard(retired)/Dwarfs(retired)/Lizardmen(Collection purposes)
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down