Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

500 pts GK

5 posters

Go down

500 pts GK Empty 500 pts GK

Post by SandMarauder Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:18 pm

The new store that I am frequenting is trying to get a bigger 40K presence and had decided to run informal league that is not a league. They want to start out with 500 points since there is so many new people (including me) trying this out and move up 250 points a month. Anyway I just wanted to get some thoughts. I have no idea what everyone is running so this will be pretty generic.

B-C w/hammerhand-71pts

7xPAGK w/Justicar-227pts
(Justicar w/frag and targeter)

6xPAGK w/Justicar-202pts

or

B-C w/hammerhand-71pts

5xPAGK w/Justicar-152pts

5xPAGK w/Justicar-152pts

Dreadnought w/assault cannon, DCCW, smoke launcher, extra armor-118

SandMarauder
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2009-07-04

Back to top Go down

500 pts GK Empty Re: 500 pts GK

Post by Ceasarian Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:48 pm

Hey there! I had a simular experiance moving from smaller amounts of points and gradually moving upwards up from there. I like your two lists, with a good amount of PAGK's in each. It's really challenging to play Grey Knights at this low of points since the high costs of our standard troops really effects army lists. If your new to the game, and new to Grey Knights just keep in mind they have a steep learning curve, but by starting small and going up from there, you'll stand a good chance to improve quickly.
Here are two 500pt lists I've used in the past, they may help you out ^)-.
GM with PsyCannon (although Hammerhand is great for destroying light tanks, it's not going to be all to helpful against terminators, and heavy infantry- as they get their armor saves).
Two squads of a Justicar and 6x PAGK (that's 7 PAGKs).
That brings you to 491pts, and 9 more points to move around and add grenades to your Justicars =D

The other list I've run is a GrandMaster, 3x Termies- one with a Psycannon, 6x PAGK and one Justicar.
As well as 5x Storm troopers, two with Plasma guns.
The good thing about this list is that you get two plasma guns lol- most opponents will get freaked out by the presence of these guns, and put everything they got into wiping out the squad, allowing your Grey Knights- and importantly the Terminators to get into position without losing to many.

I hope that this helps out bud, Best of luck with the building of the lists.
-Cease
Ceasarian
Ceasarian
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Number of posts : 411
Registration date : 2009-03-02

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by SandMarauder Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:07 pm

Ceasarian wrote:Hey there! I had a simular experiance moving from smaller amounts of points and gradually moving upwards up from there. I like your two lists, with a good amount of PAGK's in each. It's really challenging to play Grey Knights at this low of points since the high costs of our standard troops really effects army lists. If your new to the game, and new to Grey Knights just keep in mind they have a steep learning curve, but by starting small and going up from there, you'll stand a good chance to improve quickly.
Here are two 500pt lists I've used in the past, they may help you out ^)-.
GM with PsyCannon (although Hammerhand is great for destroying light tanks, it's not going to be all to helpful against terminators, and heavy infantry- as they get their armor saves).
Two squads of a Justicar and 6x PAGK (that's 7 PAGKs).
That brings you to 491pts, and 9 more points to move around and add grenades to your Justicars =D

The other list I've run is a GrandMaster, 3x Termies- one with a Psycannon, 6x PAGK and one Justicar.
As well as 5x Storm troopers, two with Plasma guns.
The good thing about this list is that you get two plasma guns lol- most opponents will get freaked out by the presence of these guns, and put everything they got into wiping out the squad, allowing your Grey Knights- and importantly the Terminators to get into position without losing to many.

I hope that this helps out bud, Best of luck with the building of the lists.
-Cease

The first list can you pls show me the indivdual points. Its not coming up right with a GM in the list

SandMarauder
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Ceasarian Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:28 pm

Woops lol, I meant Brother Captain....I apologize bud.
Night shift the other day, darn summer jobs- left me a little ragged. I played a 500pt game today against a Tau player, I took some pics (with the first list lol)- I'll post it later, hopefully it'll help.

-Cease
Ceasarian
Ceasarian
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Number of posts : 411
Registration date : 2009-03-02

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealadin Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:21 am

Yea looks like a good list but the first one is too light on anti tank, you will definately need some ranged anti tank even at 500 points because alot of armies can easily afford a HQ and two troop + vehicles, where we struggle to get a HQ and two full troops :p
Zealadin
Zealadin
Grand Master
Grand Master

Number of posts : 3279
Army : Retired Eldar, Puritan Grey Knights, Dark Eldar
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Grey knight
stats:

http://kael-din.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by For the Emperor Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:51 pm

Yeah for A.t. in 500pts, your looking at dealing with dreadnoughts and light transport like rhinos, your best bet is anything strength 8 really. I would use a dreadnought w/twin linked lascannon.
For the Emperor
For the Emperor
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Number of posts : 281
Army : Daemonhunters
Registration date : 2008-06-16

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by SandMarauder Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:21 pm

for the emperor wrote:Yeah for A.t. in 500pts, your looking at dealing with dreadnoughts and light transport like rhinos, your best bet is anything strength 8 really. I would use a dreadnought w/twin linked lascannon.

You read my mind. Thats what I was going to ask next

SandMarauder
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Back to top Go down

Post by VindicareAssassin Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:29 pm

for another addition would be adding a land raider/ crusader to the mix when you get to 1000 pts because that is when most guys will bring in the big tanks and apcs. an assault cannon dreadnought and lascannon dread with missile launcher will do very good.
VindicareAssassin
VindicareAssassin
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 94
Army : Grey Knights/Daemonhunters and Dragon Guard
Registration date : 2009-07-21

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content