Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1500pts Local Tournament

2 posters

Go down

1500pts Local Tournament Empty 1500pts Local Tournament

Post by For the Emperor Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:20 pm

The force organisation was similar to planet strike.
The rules for the first match were as follows:
+1 kill point for each scoring unit you killed.
+1 kill point for each unit you killed.
+1 kill point for each scoring unit surviving.

We rolled dawn of war.

I used the following army:
Scoring: Headquarters
Inquisitor Lord + 9 Retinue + Rhino (7 flame templates) + Hammerhand etc
GrandMaster + 6 Retinue + Land Raider Crusader (hv support) 2 Incinerators (one on grandmaster) and hammerhand and sacred incense and master-crafted NFW.
8 Grey Knights + 2 Incinerator + Land Raider etc

My opponent was playing white scars with the following:
Scoring Fast attack (none with armour value)
White scars special character on bike? or with special blade.
2 Bikers with Multi-meltas (the ones with two seats)
2 squads of 8 bikers with sergeants w/ power weapons and flamers.
Thunderfire cannon
scout bike squad with grenade launchers
2 dreadnoughts w/drop pods one with a multi-melta/Hv flamer the other w/ a assault cannon/Hv Flamer
2 land speeders w/Heavy bolter & Heavy Flamer

My opponent had first turn and set up his bikers behind buildings with his special character.

I decided not to deploy hence the drop pod dreadnoughts.

Opponent first turn
My opponent drop podded his multi-melta dreadnought on a hill next to my deployment table edge.

My first turn
I moved everything on right in front of the dreadnought with my Rhino hiding in the shadows of the Land Raiders.

I destroyed the Dreadnought from a Multi-melta and the drop pod with other shootings and remained in formation by the hill with my Grey Knight Terminators disembarked.

Turn2

My opponent moved his thunder fire cannon again into the far right position, Using the hill as cover. His scout bikers were behind a nearby building to the thunder fire cannon.
The drop pod landed on the left side of the hill by my Land Raider Crusader a couple of inches away. Everything else shuffled or stood still.

I moved along the right side of the hill firing the smoke launchers on my Rhino and my LRC. The LRC took a dangerous terrain test and passed. The LR moved 6” and shot the Thunder fire but it passed it’s cover and destroyed a assault cannon weapon off the Dreadnought.

My opponent moved it’s dreadnought behind the wreckage of the drop pod using run too, The thunderfire cannon sat tight not using any rounds (Don’t know why) That was it.

Turn 3
My Rhino moved around beside the bikers behind the building on the right flank, the Inquisitor Lord got out and flamed the squad.
My LRC moved up behind adding fire support.
My LR Moved 12” and shot it’s lascannon but the Thunderfire cannon passed its cover again.

The Inquisitor Lord burned about 3-4 bikers due to the Referee being very harsh about not placing the template over my men and adding degrees over all the time. It was quite awkward only having 18 flamer hits and 6 Incinerator hits when I’m used to 50 flamer hits.

Turn 4
My opponent counter attacked with his Bikers flaming etc and Scout bikers firing through the ruins and the Land Speeders. My Inquisitor Lord was left his retinue destroyed with one wound and used iron will to fall back.

My Inquisitor Lord hid behind his rhino. My LRC moved up and the GrandMaster jumped out burned the unit but it decided to fall back nearly off the table! The Land Raider moved beside the Scout bikers. The Land Raider destroyed the Thunderfire with it’s lascannon. The grey knight burned the scout biker squads and assaulted needing a 6! The LRC destroyed a Land Speeder and shot the bikers.

Turn 5
My opponent moved his Land Speeder to shoot the Inquisitor Lord but he passed his 3 saves from a heavy bolter. His bikers that fell back were about 3 strong from the previous phase and moved over towards the other bikers on the left flank.

I finally finished off the scout bikers in combat which I managed to catch before they tried to run away from last turn. The Inquisitor Jumped inside the Rhino and moved through some ruins towards the left flank.
The LRC moved back towards it’s table edge near the dreadnought behind the wrecked drop pod.
The LR shot the Land Speeder down behind him.
The LRC finished off the attack bikers that fell back turns before using it’s multi-melta to kill the remaining attack biker!

The game ended. I scored 9 points and my opponent scored 4 kill points I think. I got a decisive victory the one that’s nearly a massacre.

I didn’t enjoy the game my opponent didn’t enjoy my tactics and he didn’t really improvise or make any interesting moves. I was expecting more, If I’d known I would of tried to persuade him to be more aggressive. Nice guy but rubbish game. We had a few disagreements with LOS, Cover and difficult terrain which meant we were last to finish and were unable to have a turn 6.

Nevermind My next battle report for the tournament is a deathwing player with an interesting twist.
For the Emperor
For the Emperor
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Number of posts : 281
Army : Daemonhunters
Registration date : 2008-06-16

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

1500pts Local Tournament Empty Re: 1500pts Local Tournament

Post by Brother Ezekiel Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:59 pm

That character must have been Jaghai Khan the Master of the Hunt.And those bikes were is 2 seats are attack bikes. I was really dissapointed in that the White Scar guy could not pull off the kind of tactics and tricks they usually do.(Note:I have only played my friends White Scars and couple of times in a tourney and they have been all most the same,which is definately different from this guy.)Tho I admid that you pretty much choce the perfect kind of tactic against the White Scars guy.It compleately ruined the game for him.Or not ruined the game,but atleast his major advantage:speed.
Brother Ezekiel
Brother Ezekiel
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 691
Location : Segmentum Obscurus,Battle Barge Immolative Onslaught
Army : White Raven Space Marines 5th Company and the new Bloodoathed Chaos Space Marines,also Empire General Rainer 'Cursebreaker' 'Dwarf-helper' Raukovs independent 18th army of Nuln
Registration date : 2008-11-30

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by For the Emperor Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:07 pm

Brother Ezekiel wrote:That character must have been Jaghai Khan the Master of the Hunt.And those bikes were is 2 seats are attack bikes. I was really dissapointed in that the White Scar guy could not pull off the kind of tactics and tricks they usually do.(Note:I have only played my friends White Scars and couple of times in a tourney and they have been all most the same,which is definately different from this guy.)Tho I admid that you pretty much choce the perfect kind of tactic against the White Scars guy.It compleately ruined the game for him.Or not ruined the game,but atleast his major advantage:speed.

Yeah he had Multi-melta Bikers but I was thinking about my opponents move. So when he had the chance to get 2d6 I popped my smokes and hope he didn't run away and wait again Very Happy
For the Emperor
For the Emperor
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Number of posts : 281
Army : Daemonhunters
Registration date : 2008-06-16

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content