Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Salamander vs. SoB

5 posters

Go down

Salamander vs. SoB Empty Salamander vs. SoB

Post by Dark Bjoern Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:05 am

Yesterday i had have a 1500 points game with my Salamanders against SoB. It was an interresting fight cause the SoB player used an experimental list with 3x3 Deathcult Assassines.
My Salamanders:
HQ:
Vulkan He´Stan: 190 points

Elite:
venerable Dreadnought: 190 points
AC, DCCW/HF, extra armour

Dreadnought: 125 points
2 TL Autocannons

7 Sternguard Veterans: 280 points
2 HF, 5 Combi-Melta, 1PF,
Droppod

Standard:
Tac Squad(10): 230 points
MM, melta, PW
Rhino Dozer Blade

Tac Squad(10): 230 points
HB, melta, PW
Rhino Dozer Blade

Heavy Support:
Predator Destruktor: 85 points
Sponson-mounted HB

Predator Annihilator: 165 points
Sponson-mounted Lascannons

1495 points

SoB-List
Canoness: Mantle of Ophelia (ignoring one time instant death), Jumppack
Inquisitor Lord
Retinue: Healer, 3 Gun Servitors (2 HB, 1 PC)
2x10 SoB: Rhinos, HF, Flamers
14 SoB: 2SB
7 Seraphim
3x3 Deathcult Assassines (infiltration)

The thrown Mission was Annihilation and the Deployment was Pitched Battle Tablesize had been 48"x72"
SoB got the first turn:
SoB 1st Turn:
His 9 DCA moved forward through difficult terrain (the best of them 3" Razz ). His rhinos and the Seraphim did the same. The PC fired at one of my rhinos with no effect.

Sallies 1st Turn:
Vulkan and his Sternguards dropped in and killed all Seraphim instantly (3 TLHF and 5TLCombi-Melta had been too much for the bolter-bitches). My ven dread moved forward to one group of three assassins and killed one of them (damn that they doesn´t act as a squad) My dread fired at one of the rhinos and destroyed it in a great explosion that killed 2 of the Sisters inside. The Pred Destruktor shot at an other Assassine but inflicted only one wound with a HB round. The Annihilator missed the second rhino completly. The Tac Squads diembarked from their Rhinos to fire at the Assassines.

SoB 2nd Turn:
The Canoness and the SoB squad from the destroyed rhino and the 14 women squad fired at Vulkan and the Sternguards and killed 5 of the Guards. 3 of the Assassine move toward Vulkan and the remaining Sternguards to finish them in CC. The CC ended in a victory for Vulkan. The Sternguards both dead Vulkan killed two of the Assassines and inflicted one wound to the Canoness. Vulkan saved 6 wounds from the Assassines and 2 from the Canoness. 2 more Assassines tried to get a way from the ven Dread and toward Vulkan, too. The last 3 Assassines, still in difficult terrain, tried to get closer to my Tac Squads with not more success then in the first turn. But the second rhino brought his passangers into range and their fire had been devastating They killed 8 SM.

Sallies 2nd Turn:
My ven Dread killed another Assassine and the Dread the third. The first Tac Squad shot at the last rhino with no success. Even with a TLMM i missed. The second Tac Squad and the Pred Destruktor killed, with the exception of the vet. Sister Superior, the SoB from the second rhino and the Annihilator killed one of the Assassines in the Terrain. The CC with Vulkan ended with no damage dealt on both sides.

SoB 3rd turn:
The PC and 2 HB from the Inquisitor Lord´s retinue fired on the Tac Squad with the MM and killed one SM. The large Sob squad moved into CC with Vulkan and the vet. Sister Superior draws their Eviscerator to destroy the Annihilator. The 2 Assassines managed to get out of the terrain but still out off range to get into CC with the Tac Squad with the HB. Vulkan killed the last Assassine. In return he saved again all damage. The large SoB squad missed their leadership test and run away.

Sallies 3rd Turn:
The ven Dread and the other dread killed the SoB from the first Rhino. The Destruktor killed the vet Sister Superior. The CC between Vulkan and the Canoness ended with the death of the Canoness. my two Rhinos shot one of the last two Assassines.

SoB 4th Turn:
The fleeing SoB squad was still within 6" of an enemy unit (my DP) and run of the table. The last Assassine get into CC with the last two SM from the HB Tac Squad and killed one of them. The I-Lord shot once again at the MM Tac Squad and brought them down to 4 surviving SM.

Sallies 4th Turn:
The ven Dread, the normal dread and the rhinos killed the I-Lord and the Retinue. The CC with the Assassine was a draw.

SoB 5th Turn:
the Assassine killed the last member of the BH Tac Squad.

Sallies 5th Turn:
The Destruktor killed the last Assassine.

Aftermath:
Sallies: 17 Killpoints
SoB: 3 Killpoints

Victory for the Salamanders
The best part was the CC between Vulkan, the Canoness, the 3 DCA and the large SoB squad. I was quite sure that Vulkan can´t survive. But both, Vulkan and the Canoness made so much successful Inv Saves, that it was absolutely unsure how it will end. It was indeed an epic fight. The DCA had been a much greater threat to my tac squads if he had been a bit luckier with his tests for terrain. In a Seize ground or Capture and Control mission he would have clearly won with his 9 DCA.
Dark Bjoern
Dark Bjoern
Brother Captain
Brother Captain

Number of posts : 1710
Army : Mechanicum: Taghmata Mourndark and House Taranis
Registration date : 2008-03-08

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Salamander vs. SoB Empty Re: Salamander vs. SoB

Post by NemesisForce Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:25 am

Well-fought DB. That Vulkan seems tough as nails. Nine kill points for the DC's alone hurts your opponent as they're really not overly resistant to dyin'. Good job and nice batrep.
NemesisForce
NemesisForce
Inquisitor
Inquisitor

Number of posts : 1945
Army : Grey Knight, Black Templar, Chaos Space Marine, Tau Empire
Registration date : 2008-02-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Bjoern Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:45 am

Indeed he is hard as a rock. And for his DCA he made obscenely many inv saves. I was glad that it was an Annihilation mission
Dark Bjoern
Dark Bjoern
Brother Captain
Brother Captain

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rivan Sun Apr 05, 2009 4:24 pm

Very nice batrep Brother DB. Good win! Yeah, the DCA's are very "iffy". I've seen them get shot down before they can even get close (4th ed rules) of course now they can run also. However, during one game, I had 2 of them wipe out a 5 man termie squad too.
Rivan
Rivan
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 4404
Army : Grey Knights 7th Brotherhood, Salamanders
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealadin Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:21 pm

Awesome batrep, looks like it was a pretty extreme battle, and you definately came out of it very nicely Very Happy
Goes to show how sometimes the most unusual things can happen with some good luck, just like in real battles.
Zealadin
Zealadin
Grand Master
Grand Master

Number of posts : 3279
Army : Retired Eldar, Puritan Grey Knights, Dark Eldar
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Grey knight
stats:

http://kael-din.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowfire Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:50 pm

Great Bat Rep, but I have one point to raise. WHAT WAS YOUR OPPONENT THINKING?

That SoB list is terrible. I feel ashamed to be a Sisters player reading that.

I'm hoping they were just using that list to try out some different things, and not as an actual list they use full time.
Snowfire
Snowfire
Archivist
Archivist

Number of posts : 530
Army : Tayledras 13th Imperial Guard (Armoured, Mechanised and Airborne)
Registration date : 2008-03-31

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Bjoern Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:45 pm

Thanks Brothers.

@Snowfire: It was an experimental list. I think in a Seize Ground or Capture and Control mission the Assassines would do well to keep the opponent busy so that his three SoB squads can take the objectives.
And he has an other experimental list with three Daemonhosts.

We call those lists after that guy. He always plays lists that no other would play. And most the time he do so with success.
Dark Bjoern
Dark Bjoern
Brother Captain
Brother Captain

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content