Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thoughts

2 posters

Go down

Thoughts Empty Thoughts

Post by Rion Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:19 pm

I don't think as I squeeze the trigger. I don't remember the small fact that up until 3 hours ago I used to think of him as my best friend. Until three hours ago. Well over fifty years of friendship destroyed in a matter of seconds. Squad Xiphos, Emperor protect them in the coming months, brought back proof that was beyond question. My best friend was seduced by the whispers of Chaos.

I hear the shot but I don't register it. I feel numb as I lower my laspistol returning it to the holster at my hip. Ignoring the dead body sitting on the interrogation table next to me I walk out of the room, my thick leather boots clanking hard of the metal floor, the tails of my black long coat flapping behind me. Turning I headed towards my office. Captain Agathon his helmet removed and tucked under his left arm stood at attention in front of my desk, his twin power xiphos' from which his squad took their name were strapped to the back of his armor just under his armor's power supply his trusty bolt pistol maglocked to his right hip.

I sit down behind my desk, my chair creaking as I sit in it, it's old joints wouldn't last long, but then again the chair was as old as I was. I lean back in the creaking chair, bowing my head with a sigh, my eyes closing. "You and your squad did well Agathon."

Agathon nodded. "It was only our duty Inquisitor." I scoffed and Agathon raised his eyebrows.

"Forgive me." I added quickly raising a hand in placation but my head remained unmoved. "Jorvan said the same thing once when we were apprentices together, our Master gave us praise for handling a case by ourselves. A small irony made me laugh is all."

Agathon nodded in understanding. I lowered my hand I still couldn't feel anything. "The Alexandria will be arriving at our destination within a few week best make sure your squad is ready who knows what they'll will ask of us for their services?" Agathon brought his fist up to his chest banging his knuckles against his breastplate and recognizing the subtext turned and walked out.

I couldn't feel anything for almost three hours.
Rion
Rion
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 627
Army : Grey Knights, Knights Camlann (Space Marine)
Registration date : 2012-03-30

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Thoughts Empty Re: Thoughts

Post by Klomster Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:13 pm

Other than the fact i'd like a few more ","'s it's a nice story.

Or rather, a horrible story, with a nice execution. Pardon the pun.
Klomster
Klomster
Adeptus Administratum
Adeptus Administratum

Number of posts : 4321
Army : Think positive, it will soon get worse. (Mechanicus)
Registration date : 2007-12-21

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rion Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:04 am

Klomster wrote:Other than the fact i'd like a few more ","'s it's a nice story.

Or rather, a horrible story, with a nice execution. Pardon the pun.

Grammar was never my strong suit lol

Would be better I'm sure if I added more context. Inspiration hit me so I wrote, context is everything though.
Rion
Rion
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 627
Army : Grey Knights, Knights Camlann (Space Marine)
Registration date : 2012-03-30

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Klomster Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:22 am

When inspiration hits, write!

I know for myself that inspiration is very rare, so try to use it when it comes along.
You can fix it later if you feel like it anyway Razz

The story reminds me of good ol' dark heresy, a rpg system i sort of dislike, but love since it was the first i played. It's a love hate relationship.
Klomster
Klomster
Adeptus Administratum
Adeptus Administratum

Number of posts : 4321
Army : Think positive, it will soon get worse. (Mechanicus)
Registration date : 2007-12-21

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down