Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1000pts GK vs Necrons. Need help building a list

4 posters

Go down

1000pts GK vs Necrons. Need help building a list Empty 1000pts GK vs Necrons. Need help building a list

Post by Liberian Martel Wed Feb 18, 2015 1:06 am

Greetings brothers,
I've never played such a small game with Grey Knights and I'm at a loss as to what to field?
so i thought maybe my fellow battle-Brothers could help me to create a list of Winning Proportions!

In the name of the Sigilite and the Emperor
GL martel
Liberian Martel
Liberian Martel
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 81
Army : Grey Knights 8th brotherhood/ Tau Empire
Registration date : 2012-10-07

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

1000pts GK vs Necrons. Need help building a list Empty Re: 1000pts GK vs Necrons. Need help building a list

Post by Constantine Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:55 pm

Do you know what you'll be facing? What units do you have at your disposal?
Constantine
Constantine
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 5819
Army : Grand Master Mordrak's Brotherhood, Deathwing...Pretty much any first company! I LOVE terminators!!!
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

1000pts GK vs Necrons. Need help building a list Empty Re: 1000pts GK vs Necrons. Need help building a list

Post by Liberian Martel Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:00 am

all I know is that hes a fan of taking HUGE squads of Necron warriors with HQs in them rather then taking 3-4 smaller units. ( I know nothing about the new CODEX NECRONS)
I was thinking of taking Brother Captain Aurillian two 5 man strike squads a 5man terminator team and a NDK?
Liberian Martel
Liberian Martel
Henchmen
Henchmen

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggory Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:14 pm

I recently played against some 'crons and got destroyed. Watch out if he fields Praetorians. Jump infantry with ap2 guns/melee weapons. If they are paired with stalkers then they are getting reroll everything too! Very nasty.

If you want to break crons, especially if he is fielding warrior blobs, I suggest you get plenty of ap4 in there in the shape of incinerators maybe. Or NDK heavy psycannons if you can fit that in such a small point list. Dont worry too much about being in rapid fire range, your 2+ will bounce most of it. You will want break his armour save as much as possible so he is only rolling on the reanimation protocols.

Avoid melee until you have thinned the herd a bit, they can take a hell of a beating in melee while still in a blob. Hope this helps!
Diggory
Diggory
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 24
Army : GK
Registration date : 2015-02-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Klomster Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:51 pm

Or get in close and melee those buggers with some fancy power weapons.

Nothing says dead crons like some glorious power weapons!

At least it did in the olden days.
Klomster
Klomster
Adeptus Administratum
Adeptus Administratum

Number of posts : 4321
Army : Think positive, it will soon get worse. (Mechanicus)
Registration date : 2007-12-21

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Liberian Martel Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:44 am

okay so here lays a trial list i have..
HQ
Brother Captain Dimitri Aurllian, Captain of the 8th. [172pts]
Master Crafted Nemesis Greatsword ( counts as Nemesis Force halberd) , Cuirass of Sacrifice, Melta Bombs
You are mistaken daemon, this day is ours.
-Brother Captain Aurllian

Elites
Purifier Squad Castellian, [170pts]
4 Purifiers, Justicar Castellian with hammer, 4 Nemesis force Swords
Rhino "Resurgence"
Let our purity shine Like a Beacon to the innocent and a warning to the foe
- Justicar Castellian

Troops
Strike Squad Horus [120]
4 Grey Knights, Justicar Horus with warding stave, 3 Nemesis Force swords, incinerator
I am Justicar Horus, I know you daemon. you will die by my hand.
-Justicar Horus

Strike Squad Gravvus  [119]
4 Grey Knights, Justicar Gravvus with Nemesis falchions, 3 Nemesis Force swords, incinerator
the Liber Demonica teaches us many things. let it guide your hand
- Justicar Gravvus

Terminator team Aleric [203]
4 Terminators Justicar Aleric with halberd, 3 halberds, 1 hammer, psycannon

"We do not know what our chances of survival are, so we fight as if they were zero. We do not know what we are facing, so we fight as if it was the dark gods themselves. No one will remember us now and we may never be buried beneath Titan, so we will build our own memorial here. The Chapter might lose us and the Imperium might never know we existed, but the Enemy - the Enemy will know. The Enemy will remember. We will hurt it so badly that it will never forget us until the stars burn out and the Emperor vanquishes it at the end of time. When Chaos is dying, its last thought will be of us. That is our memorial -carved into the heart of Chaos. We cannot lose, Grey Knights. We have already won."
- Justicar Alaric

Nemesis DreadKnight Mithrel [205pts]
Greatsword, heavy psycannon, personal teleporter
I am the hammer, the flight of his arrow...
-Paladin Mithrel

1000pts
In the name of the Sigilite and the Emperor
GL Martel
Liberian Martel
Liberian Martel
Henchmen
Henchmen

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggory Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:27 am

Seems like a good start, you got some templates in there to help thin the warriors out a bit and purifiers are definitely good at that too. I personally would put incinerators on the purifiers instead of strike squads or maybe even on interceptors, but that is up to you. Are you planning on deepstriking the strike squads because that would work quite well?

Klomster wrote:Or get in close and melee those buggers with some fancy power weapons.

Nothing says dead crons like some glorious power weapons!

At least it did in the olden days.

Well thats the thing, if you put your 5 man termy squad into a blob of 20 warriors, those warriors will beat the crap of you and take surprisingly low casualties (seriously, reanimation protocols is borderline broken).
Diggory
Diggory
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 24
Army : GK
Registration date : 2015-02-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Liberian Martel Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:38 am

Brother Diggory,
I don't wish to put an incinerator on my Purifiers as they will be purely a melee unit and with cleansing flame I don't feel I need a incinerator i want them to walk into crons and cut them into so many tiny pieces that there Gods declare them as scrap. and yes I will Deepstrike the two Strike squads and Captain Aurllians Terminator Guard using the Nemesis strike force rules. Inj good news with the new Reanimation protocols  are just FNP that can ALWAYS be taken... and against Instant death weapons its reduced by 1 ( although i think they have reanimation orbs so maybe 5+). I'm just not sure if Power armoured grey Knights are useful or not against necrons?, I mean they do have lots of firepower and they strike at the same time as me in Melee. also what is the armour of Lychguards and the Ap2 jump pack guys?
Liberian Martel
Liberian Martel
Henchmen
Henchmen

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down