Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1000 point mini tournament.

+2
Constantine
Souba
6 posters

Go down

1000 point mini tournament. Empty 1000 point mini tournament.

Post by Souba Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:42 pm

greetings brothers. tomorrow i attend on a little tournament that my local GW starts. point limit is 1000 points. no restrictions. games will be played on 48" x 48"

here is what i plan on playing:

GK FOC:

Librarian ML 3
Stormbolter, Daemonhammer, Cuirass of martyrs

Librarian ML 3
Stormbolter, Warding stave, Domina Liber daemonica

Terminators 6x
3x halberds 3x swords, 1 psycannon

Nemesis Dreadknight
Sword, heavy incinerator, heavy psycannon, personal teleporter

Nemesis Dreadknight
Sword, heavy incinerator, heavy psycannon, personal teleporter

Mastery Levels: 9
total point cost: 999 (turn the numbers around and you got the ordo number 666 Very Happy )

i plan on adding both libbys to the terminators and roll for telepathy with the hammer libby first... in case i get invisibility the other will roll for sanctic most likely, if not he will try to get invisibility aswell. if i am lucky to get the warlord trait for the guaranteed DS on turn 1 i gonna use it and pressure the opponent on turn 1 and up. the NDK's keep up with the unit with the shunt move if neccesary.

i bring you the battle reports of the tournament of course Smile

Souba
Souba
Brother Captain
Brother Captain

Number of posts : 1602
Army : Inquisitorial Army, Necrons, Dark Eldar, Daemons of Chaos
Registration date : 2009-11-07

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

1000 point mini tournament. Empty Re: 1000 point mini tournament.

Post by Constantine Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:59 pm

Super exciting! And cool list! I can't wait to hear how you do!!! Take some pics if you have time Wink
Constantine
Constantine
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 5819
Army : Grand Master Mordrak's Brotherhood, Deathwing...Pretty much any first company! I LOVE terminators!!!
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by DOMIN4TRIX Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:57 am

Solid list Souba, let us know how you get on

DOMIN4TRIX
DOMIN4TRIX
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 642
Army : Knights, Nids and Necs
Registration date : 2011-08-09

Grey knight
stats:

http://corpointdeux.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Souba Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:26 am

so i am back and it was a little funny experience. we where 8 players in total. due to time each could only play 3 games. each with a different mission: killpoints, relic, capture and control.
i took some pictures when i had time. i was more focused on playing and one of my 3 opponents didnt wanted me to take pictures.

i did very well. actually got the first place and got this:

1000 point mini tournament. 20140910

so to my games:

first round was against eldar:
HQ:
Farseer (warlord, warlord trait: a unit may reroll every 1 on to hit rolls. for one turn only)
Warlock
Elite:
6 Fire Dragons with serpent with scatterlaser and shuriken cannon
Troops:
5 Rangers
15 guardians with bright lance <- warlock and farseer where in this unit.
Fast Attack:
10 warpspiders
Heavy Support:
3 Warwalkers with scatterlaser and bright lances

couldnt take pictures of this fight because the eldar player didnt wanted me to.  Neutral we played killpoints and the eldar player had first turn. he placed his guardians inside a ruin in the middle of his deployment zone. the warpspiders where outside of the ruin and the warwalkers were on the other side of the ruin. the serpent with firedragons was on his left deployment side and was behind cover. his rangers infiltrated close to the left side of my deployment zone.
i placed my 2 NDKS behind each other in the middle of my deployment zone to draw attention. my terminators & libbys where on my right side of deployment zone within a ruin. right across the serpent. my warlord trait was the additional sanctic power.

Turn1
i failed to steal initiative and the eldar player moved his warpspiders close. the serpent moved towards the middle of the board. the warpspiders jumped & ran as close as possible to my  NDK to get him down at all costs but failed. the combined fire  of the rest of his army however got my first NDK down.
on my turn the librarian used invisibility on my NDK. suffered perils and lost a wound. my NDK increased his invul save. my terminators moved a bit forward and my NDK moved towards the warp spiders. the terminators fired on the serpent and the psycannon managed to glance it. the NDK roasted the warpspiders with the incinerator & psycannon and his following assault wiped the unit out. after the assault i moved him closer to the middle of the board. GK:1 Eldar: 2

Turn 2
the eldar player moved his serpent closer to my NDK and the firedragons got out of it. the guardians moved a bit closer aswell. the farseer used doom on my NDK but i denied it. he used the reroll to hit power on his firedragons. the warwalkers got into position and all of his units concentrated their fire on my NDK again. thanks to invisibility however he failed to do a enough wounds that actually managed to get through the 2+/4++ after that Very Happy.
i moved my NDK next to the firedragons and my terminators failed miserably to get through terrain (double 1) and got almost stuck in the ruin. my libby didnt managed to get invisibility on my NDK but my NDK activated his 4++ again. my terminators fired on the serpent again but didnt manged any dents in its hull. the NDK didnt fire at all but only assaulted the firedragons. he suffered 1 wound from overwatch and killed 4. lucky for him they failed their ld test but my NDK catched up on the initiative test. so my NDK was in the open now. GK: 2 Eldar: 2

Turn 3
his warlord used his "reroll 1's to hit" on the guardian unit. the warwalkers got into position again and fired on the NDK. they managed to take him down to 1 wound.
my NDK moved towards the guardians and my terminators tried to keep up. my NDK was within range of my libby so i used invisibility on him. failed to to the 4++ on the NDK though. my NDK fired his guns on the guardians and almost killed the whole unit with his weaponry. he managed to get into assault and slay the warlock + the remaining guardians. the farseer failed his LD check but managed to escape.
GK: 4 Eldar 2

Turm 4:
the warwalkers moved a bit back and the serpent moved out of reach of my terminators for good. they combined their firepower to take off the last wound of my NDK. after that turn it was basically a stalemate.. my termiantors couldnt really fire on him and his serpent couldnt get past my terminators to get the breach secondary objective. so the game ended on turn 5 with GK: 4 Eldar 3.

Game 2: Orks (unbound list)
HQ:
Waaghboss on bike with powerclaw and da lucky stikk (warlord trait: reroll a single to hit, to wound or save per phase)
painboy on bike
Elite:
7 Nobz on bike, 7 powerclaws, banner.
Heavy Support:
Looted wagon, 2 big shootas, 1 scorcha
Looted wagon, 2 big shootas, 1 scorcha
1 Mek gun, zzap gun
1 Mek gun, zaap gun
2 Mek guns, 2 Lobbas

he got some further upgrades but i dont know all of it.

we played the relic here. the player was still a bit green behind the ears so i almost tabled him on turn 2...
the ork player put his bikes with waaghboss and painboy on his right side.. his guns where on the middle and both looted wagons on his left side. my warlord trait was the deepstrike on turn 1 with reroll for scatter to i made use of that and kept the terminators + libbys in reserve... the NDKS both stood right across the bikers.

Turn 1
1000 point mini tournament. 20140911

i got the first turn and i deepstriked my terminators in the middle close to his deployment zone. my NDKS used their shunt to get close to the bikers. my NDK's both activated their force weapons while one of my libbys used invisibility on the terminators. the terminators fired on the looted wagon and managed to get all hull points off it. the NDKs combined their firepower on the biker bosses and killed off 4 bosses with 1 boss having only 1 wound remaining.
on his turn he fired his mek guns on my NDK's but failed to scratch them. the looted wagon fired on the terminators but invisibility with a 2+ save is just too much. the bikers + boss fired on one NDK but didnt scratch it either. they assaulted the NDK. the warboss died in the progress while his boys didnt do much damage either (1 wound lost on the NDK) GK: 2 Orks: 0

1000 point mini tournament. 20140912

Turn 2
both NDK's engaged into close combat with the bikers, obliterating them. the libby used psychic shriek on the 2 mek gun lobbas and killed the unit off. then the terminators assaulted both zzap gun units and wiped them off the board. the ork player only had the looted wagon remaining on his turn 2.. which didnt do anything and he gave up.

1000 point mini tournament. 20140913

Game 3: Necrons (best game by far, it was hilarious) we played capture and control with 2 bastions as objectives.
HQ:
Overlord, regenerator sphere, scythe, mindshackle scarabs (warlord trait: reroll reserve rolls and steal the initiative +1)
Elite:
5 of those sniper guys, eliminators?
Warwalker
Troops:
11 warriors
10 immortals with tesla
Heavy support:
Monolith
Anihilation barge

he placed his warriors inside his bastion. the monolith was on his left side screening the immortals with the overlord in them. the warwalker hid behind his bastion as did his anihilation barge. the snipers where in deepstrike reserve.
i hid my NDK's + terminators behind my bastion. he had first turn.

Turn 1:

his monolith teleported the immortals infront of him and he moved his army forward and manged firing on my terminators. 1 wound, 1 failed armour save Very Happy his anihilation barge was able to see my NDK from behind my bastion and fired on him. didnt caused a wound though. i moved my NDKS  over the bastion and my terminators followed across the bastion. both my NDKs and one of my libbys used fortitude on themselves, didnt had invisiblity with me this time. my NDK's + terminators fired on the immortals but didnt scratch them much.. worst of it all most of them got right back up. GK: 0 Necrons 4

1000 point mini tournament. 20140914

Turn 2

his snipers arrived between the immortals and my terminators and targeted my NDK. his unit moved a bit towards me and then the shooting began.. the walker fired his heat beam and managed to take a wound off my NDK. now everything was twin linked against him... the immortals fired on my NDK and managed a whole 17 wounds, which i all saved  Very Happy the snipers, the anihilation barge, some warriors firing out of the bastions firepoint and the monolith however took the one NDK down eventually.
My NDK moved towards his walker.. my terminators advanced foward. the NDK activated fortitude as did my libby. the other libby used psychic shriek on the snipers, killind 4 of 5 but one got back up. the terminators fired on the immortals and killed off 2. the NDK assaulted the walker and destroyed it.  GK: 0 Necrons 4

Turn 3

his snipers + immortals moved close towards my NDK, the monolith did aswell and tried to use his gate ability, the NDK managed his S test however. his whole army concentrated fire on the NDK and took off 2 wounds. his immortals + overlord assaulted the NDK and the overlord tried to mindshackle him. which he didnt succeeded at. the NDK killed off the overlord but he got back on his feet after that.
my terminators moved forward. the hammer librarian got out of the unit. my NDK buffed fortitude as did my terminators. the libarian assaulted the 2 snipers and killed them for good while my terminators moved in to help the NDK. slaughtering the immortals while the overlord fought against my NDK (and didnt managed to mindshackle him again). the overlord was slain again but as before he got back to his feet. the terminators consolidated between the enemys bastion and mine while the libby moved towards the monolith. GK: 0 Necrons 4

1000 point mini tournament. 20140915

Turn 4

the anihilation barge moved past his bastion and fired on my terminators but didnt manage to do much. the warriors climbed ontop of his bastion to fire with full force on my NDK but failed. the monolith fired on the NDK aswell but his blast actually scattered on his overlord and killed him.. but he did mange to come back to live.. AGAIN.. the overlord assaulted the NDK but got killed due to overwatch. thankfully that pest died for good this time. Very Happy
my terminators used hammerhand and shot & assaulted the anihilation barge and managed to explode it. the NDK moved a bit off the bastion and fired onto the warriors ontop of the bastion with only 2 remaining warriors. 3 got back up though. the lone libby used hammerhand aswell and assaulted the monolith, managing to glance it once.
GK: 1 Necrons 4

Turn 5

1000 point mini tournament. 20140916

his monolith tried to move but got immobilized in terrain. his shooting didnt cause any damage, the 5 remaining warriors fired on the NDK but failed to do damage aswell.
the NDK stood in position. the termiantors moved & ran towards my bastion to secure it. the 2nd libby split off the unit and fired into the warriors. killing 1. the NDK killed off the rest with his incinerator + heavy psycannon. the hammer libby assaulted the monolith again but failed to cause damage. GK: 4 Necrons 1

after this the necron player surrendered and another victory was made for the grey knights!

was a pretty fun event and especially against the necron player i had the best time. he scored 2nd place.
Souba
Souba
Brother Captain
Brother Captain

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by DOMIN4TRIX Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:34 am

Well done Souba - great reports and a great win - thanks for sharing.
DOMIN4TRIX
DOMIN4TRIX
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 642
Army : Knights, Nids and Necs
Registration date : 2011-08-09

Grey knight
stats:

http://corpointdeux.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by DonFer Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:40 pm

Excellent result Brother. Congrats on the win!
DonFer
DonFer
Terminator
Terminator

Number of posts : 1398
Registration date : 2010-10-21

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Maximus Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:24 am

Great read Brother Souba and very well done. Man alive how tough are our NDK's now? Think they deserve a paint job now brother. LOL. Your GK terminators look great on the table, nice paint job. Great report. Whats with the elder guy? Did not want pictures taken.....LOL!!!!
Maximus
Maximus
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 62
Army : Grey Knights, Ultramarines, Bretonnians
Registration date : 2011-05-11

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Souba Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:52 pm

Maximus wrote:Great read Brother Souba and very well done. Man alive how tough are our NDK's now? Think they deserve a paint job now brother. LOL. Your GK terminators look great on the table, nice paint job. Great report. Whats with the elder guy? Did not want pictures taken.....LOL!!!!

my NDK's are still WIP since i do some conversions on them. so before i even basecoat them i first finish building the model Smile the NDK also became a huge firemagnet, especially with 2 ranged weapons in addition to hammer or sword. so better play 2 or even 3.
thanks for the compliment on my terminators Smile they are however rather old paintjobs and i became a better painter now Smile the terminators are (except for the libbys) all metal models aswell Very Happy
the eldar player is a bit... overreacting all the time. he knew i was going to be his biggest match up so he was very tense.. his eldar also look really.. terrible and when a turn or even the game does not run in his favor he becomes pissed very fast. he is a overall nice guy but playing against him most of the time ends in him literally throwing his miniatures in his bag...
Souba
Souba
Brother Captain
Brother Captain

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Asahiro Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:22 pm

Weeeeeellll done brother Souba. Great job at purging all these aliens. Congrats to your victory cheers . Who can now say that GK are not competitive army Very Happy Very Happy . I´m proud of you.

Asahiro
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2012-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down