Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Faith not toys.

+2
Constantine
Corennus
6 posters

Go down

Faith not toys. Empty Faith not toys.

Post by Corennus Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:14 am

The holy weapons the neophytes would be trained in were laid out in front of them, along with a suit of gleaming Aegis Armour.

Justicar Rorken, gruff, dark haired, and towering over the neophytes even out of his armour, strode into the training hall.

"Neophytes!" he called.

The young men came swiftly to attention, their eyes on the weapons in front of them.

Rorken smiled slightly as he finally faced the newest additions to the Grey Knights. He gestured behind him, his hand sweeping over the amassed weapons on display.

Nonchalantly he picked up a Storm Bolter and started the lesson.

"Mark five Hellflayer Storm Bolter, Wrist mounted, with advanced autosense interface and impulse controlled. Fires at a rate of one thousand projectiles per minute. ammo capacity of 500 rounds."

The storm bolter attached itself to Rorken's wrist by way of an automated wraparound. It was not the same as the inbuilt Storm Bolter on the Aegis armour worn by Battle Brothers but it was close enough.

Rorken pointed to the armour standing behind the weapons rack.

"Mk six Aegis armour with full type 4 autosenses and hexagrammic ward lattice."

Suddenly his arm came up and the storm bolter spat a long stream of shells at the inactive armour.
The neophytes flinched. To fire on a holy relic with such disdain...

The armour appeared undamaged.
Rorken turned back to the neophytes.

"This armour is proof against daemon weapons. A few bolter rounds cannot do anything."

Next he picked up a nemesis force sword.

"Type three Nemesis sword with reverse crossguard and double length handle"
The sword glittered and hummed as Rorken swept through a series of arcs and slashes with the ancient weapon.

Eventually all the weapons had been demonstrated to the Neophytes by their training instructor. It was then Rorken called them to him and started the real lesson.

"All of these" he stated, gesturing to the armoury " are toys. Yes, with them we can bring glorious vengeance and death to the denizens of Chaos, but in the end, when you're on your own out there in the Galaxy, and all the forces of darkness are baring down on you, there is only one thing that will keep you alive."

He reached into his robe and brought out a book. The Liber Daemonicum.

"This. The law of our chapter. Everything you need to fight the daemon is in this. Without this everything is but dust. This book, and the faith of one reading it, is more powerful than the strongest sword, or the biggest gun. Read this, Neophytes. Understand it. And you will be ready to wield the weapons you have seen today."

Corennus
Corennus
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 664
Army : Ex player from 5th ed.
Registration date : 2011-02-11

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Faith not toys. Empty Re: Faith not toys.

Post by Constantine Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:23 am

Nice stuff Brother! Well written. Will there be more?
Constantine
Constantine
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 5819
Army : Grand Master Mordrak's Brotherhood, Deathwing...Pretty much any first company! I LOVE terminators!!!
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Corennus Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:31 am

when I can think it up.

For those of you wondering if it's something you've heard before it's based on a scene in Judge Dredd (the Stallone film)
Corennus
Corennus
Justicar
Justicar

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Alladin the Paladin Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:24 pm

Corennus wrote:For those of you wondering if it's something you've heard before it's based on a scene in Judge Dredd (the Stallone film)
Very Happy I missed that, but haven't watched that movie in ages!

Speaking of action movies, I should make some fluff based on the best worst Arnold flick around - Collateral Damage

Grey Knight: "Blowing up those 10,000 Adeptas Sororitas was necessary to our mission."

Goodie two-shoes Ultramarine: "Our mission was to go planet side and pick up a few bags of Psykoffee for the mess hall!"

Grey Knight: "The lineup was too long. They were collateral damage."

Ultramarine: "Collateral damage? I'll show you collateral damage!!"

This is the part where the grey knight blinks and makes the Ultramarine's head pop off before he can draw his weapon.

Okay, so not exactly like the movie, but it involves large amounts of SoB casualties at the hands of the grey knights so still very realistic, fluff-wise. Razz 

Alladin the Paladin
Alladin the Paladin
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Number of posts : 250
Registration date : 2012-07-19

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sai Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:02 am

Possession is nine tenths of the lore.

Daemonhunter joke. We don't get out much.
Sai
Sai
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 754
Registration date : 2010-12-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Corennus Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:14 am

I'm just thinking up a story where the end result is the Grey Knights turning on those they've just been fighting alongside....
Corennus
Corennus
Justicar
Justicar

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Corennus Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:08 am

Darkness. All was darkness.
No. Wait. eyes were closed.

Why were they closed? Oh, that's right. Closed to stop from seeing the horror around me.

Shouting, muffled, but still shouting. Voices. Whose voices? Squad. Squad's voices. What were they saying?

"Eyes open Trooper! You want the Commisar to shoot you! Get your weapon firing!"

The Sergeant's voice. Gruff, but also.......terrified.

Eyes open.

Emperor wish I hadn't!

Daemons. Daemons everywhere. Screaming, butchering, coming towards us.

Lasgun. Up to shoulder, check power pack. FIRE!

That's it. Keep firing. Just KEEP FIRING.

Got one! He's down, just shimmered out of existence! No time to think. Rest of squad firing more now.

How many shots fired? 20? 30? 100?

Frakk. Power Pack depleted.

Fumbling around.......oh Emperor they got Squad Seven! Daemons just pouring into their foxhole!
Got a fresh pack. Slamming in..........trigger finger won't stop moving!

Firing again. Jeez they're close. Sergeant screaming at me to aim for the closest. They're all frakking close!

Can't be more than 50 metres away now. Lasguns are just pouring into them....why won't they go down!

Quick glance to left, Hal is firing his heavy stubber on full auto, eyes are manice.

Quick glance to right. Jorge is pulling pin from grenade. Flinging it. Oh frakk a warp blast just caught him straight in the chest!
Sergeant is shouting at me again.
"Connor! Get his grenades! We'll need them!"

Safety on lasgun. Crawl over to Jorge's body. Frakk he's blown open! Grab his frag grenades from his webbing. Crawl back. I don't want to be here!

Peer over the edge of foxhole. 20 metres away if that! Prime a grenade. Throw it!
BAM! take that filth! Prime another, throw it! and that!

Air is shimmering........what's going on? Feels hot and heavy.......

OH FRAKK OH FRAKK OH FRAKK! OH HOLY EMPEROR!

SPACE MARINES! SPACE FRAKKING MARINES!

Three big squads of them with big frakking swords and huge armour just laying into the front line of the daemons!

Sergeant is calling me.
"Everybody back to the second line! We've got our exit!"

Running from the foxhole. Lasgun tight against chest. Got to make it to the main trench.
Behind me can hear the sounds of bolter fire (frakk I love that sound!) and power weapons cutting those daemons to shreds.

Made it! Jumping down into the trench. Lasgun back up against shoulder, scanning the field.

Holy Emperor those marines have carved through nearly half the Daemons!

Sergeant is coming. Telling me to get up on the heavy bolter.

Climbing over to the big gun. Lasgun beside me. Sighting down the huge barrel. There's a pack of daemons right in my sights. Rack the big slide back and forth, and press the trigger. Take that you frakkers!

The huge gun is spitting out so many bolts into them it it's tearing them limb from limb!
The rest of the squad is resting, but i'm going to kill some more frakking daemons.

More and more bolts spit from the huge gun until........it runs dry. I shout to Kaleb to get another ammo box.

Wha.....the daemons are.....melting away? We......we frakking won??

We frakking won!!!

The marines are coming back now. God they look huge. Some are torn and rent in a few pplaces, but the big ones (Terminators!) look so cool. They're coming up to us to reassure us i'm sure. now the big battle's over.

Something's wrong......they're unhooking grenades.....what the? is the enemy behind us?
Holy!

Justicar Iridius grimaced as his storm bolter spat out a round and took the head of the guardsman manning the heavy bolter clean off. Then he unhooked a frag grenade along with the rest of his squad and tossed it into the trench. The screams and cries when it exploded told him all he needed. He voxed the rest of the squads to continue the purge.

When he came to the trench he saw the headless Guardsman who had been fighting so valiantly and brought down that last group of daemons who had nearly overrun his Strike Squad. "I'm sorry" he muttered as he dropped down into the trench, his halberd blazing with power, reflecting off the terrified survivors of the grenades.

"None must know" he stated to them as he moved towards them, lasgun shots pinging harmlessly off his power armour.

Within half an hour it was done. The Planetary Governor had been told a unit of the local PDF was ambushed by Xenos in the Southern Wastes. And the bodies were being incinerated by a cleanup team by the time Iridius' squad was warping out of the system.

No-one would mourn the death of Scout force 6, and none would know how close the world came to daemonic possession and death

Corennus
Corennus
Justicar
Justicar

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by DonFer Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:31 am

It has to be done what it has to be done. Great story brother!
DonFer
DonFer
Terminator
Terminator

Number of posts : 1398
Registration date : 2010-10-21

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:29 am

Well written.
Constantine
Constantine
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 5819
Army : Grand Master Mordrak's Brotherhood, Deathwing...Pretty much any first company! I LOVE terminators!!!
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Alladin the Paladin Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:40 am

Nice work! Gotta love the imperial truth.
Alladin the Paladin
Alladin the Paladin
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Number of posts : 250
Registration date : 2012-07-19

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Corennus Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:13 am

now all I want is someone to reply to my stuff on Justicar Iridius and i'll be happy lol
Corennus
Corennus
Justicar
Justicar

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Thraxdown Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:46 pm

Good stuff Brother Corennus, I want to hear more about Justicar Iridus cheers 

Thraxdown
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 133
Registration date : 2012-07-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Corennus Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:02 am

Read the stuff on Iridius then elsewhere in the Fluff Section
Corennus
Corennus
Justicar
Justicar

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down