Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2000pts VS necrons

2 posters

Go down

2000pts VS necrons Empty 2000pts VS necrons

Post by meecham63 Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:21 pm

Hi honored brothers !

I will fight against necrons next week, it will be my second game with my Grey Knights, so I am still trying different army list. I would like to have your opinion on the following :

HQ :
Grey Knight Grand Master, 3 servo-skulls, mastercrafted (with 10 or 5 termies, depending on the mission)
Inquisitor Coteaz (with his retenue, in the rhino)

Elite :
10 purifiers, psycannon * 4, psyblots, halberds (in the stormraven)

Troops :
10 terminators, psybolts, 2 psycannons, 1 banner, 3 hammers, 1 sword, 4 halberds (2 combat squads, one in Deep Strike)
• 1 mystic (to stay with Coteaz and act as Teleport homer if needed)
• 3 servitors with plasma canon
• 2 templars (croisés?)

Fast Attack :
10 interceptors, psybolts, 2 flamers, 1 hammer, halberds (2 combat squads, to hold / capture objectives at the last turn)
Stormraven, assault canon, hurricane bolters, multi-melta, psybolts

Heavy Support :
Dreadnought, psyblots, 2 TL autocannons (I am not sure of this one : should I take a CC dread and land it with the stormraven ? or a dreadknight equiped for CC to destroy necrons HS and monolith ? my opponent will play those boring scarabs for sure...)

thanks !
meecham63
meecham63
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 125
Army : Chaos Space Marines, Tyranids and Grey Knights
Registration date : 2013-04-26

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

2000pts VS necrons Empty Re: 2000pts VS necrons

Post by Sai Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:17 am

Nothing is jumping out as being particularly terrible, and your incinerator armed interceptors should make short work of any necron warriors.

If you're playing against more than one night scythe/ doom scythe you might want to deploy your purifiers normally. That way you can have them firing away from the start while the stormraven provides interception. If you're not playing against any or only the one you'll probably be able to take it down through the course of the game anyway without paying it any particular thought.
Sai
Sai
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 754
Registration date : 2010-12-04

Back to top Go down

Post by meecham63 Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:19 am

As I know my opponent, he would probalby play 2 flyings, that is why I would take the stormraven. If I deploy my purifiers from the beginning, as they shoot at 24' range, would they be able to be effective before turn 2-3 ?
meecham63
meecham63
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 125
Army : Chaos Space Marines, Tyranids and Grey Knights
Registration date : 2013-04-26

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sai Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:40 am

The majority of Necron weapons also have a 24" range. If you're not shooting at him, he's not shooting at you.

All I'm thinking is that if your raven is flying around after scythes it's possibly not getting into position to drop the squad on an objective. You might be able to do both at the same time, but if not your squad is cooped up doing nada.
Sai
Sai
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 754
Registration date : 2010-12-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down