Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Henchmen loadout.

4 posters

:: Tactica

Go down

Henchmen loadout. Empty Henchmen loadout.

Post by Enkiel Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:58 am

In the very near future (like, most likely next month), i plan on starting some henchmen, so I’m considering what I should and shouldn’t build.

First I was thinking about a 3x Servitor with plasma Cannon and some body (3 acolyte) in a chimera, thinking that some AP2 would be great help. But then, with mindlock, its ½ chance they won’t do anything, then you have the scatter, and everything else, which make it less than likely to be of any use. I’m not ruling them out, but I’d like some input on them. For 127 pts, if they could shoot each turn, it’d be a deal if it wasn’t for mindlock

Then I considered, what about 3x Acolyte with Plasma Gun and then 3 crusaders for defense. For 87 pts, they can shoot each turn, are relatively resilient (3 wounds at 3++).

The other option, imho, would be to look at the all mighty Ape and their lascannon. 3 Jokaero in a Chimera runs 160 pts.

I’m not looking to fill my Troops with them, but instead to complement my Terminator. So at best, I’d be looking at 300 pts worth of henchmen.

This means ;

2x3 Servitor with plasma Cannon, throwing 6 S7 AP2 blast at 36”, every other turn (so technically, for mathammer, 3 blasts)

4x3 Acolyte with Plasma Gun, Throwin 12 S7 AP2 shot at 24”.

2x3 Jokaero with Lascannon, Shooting 6 S9 AP2

In a 2000 pts games, either of these choice would be joined by ;

Coteaz
Librarian lvl3
1 Vindicare Assassin (first to go, if I need to drop to 1850 pts)
10 Paladin (2 Hammer, 2 Psycannon, Banner)
5 Paladin (1 Hammer, 1 Psycannon)
2 Dreadnought 2xtwinlinked psybolt fun
1 Jumping Dreadknight with Flamer and Sword.

On first glance, i'd be tempted to say that the Ape look to be the best choice, since they can deal with high armor
Enkiel
Enkiel
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 131
Army : 40k : DE, GK Fantasy : O&G, OK, DE, DoC
Registration date : 2013-05-17

http://enkiel.blogspot.ca

Back to top Go down

Henchmen loadout. Empty Re: Henchmen loadout.

Post by Rion Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:34 am

I'm fond of the Monkey's myself given the list you got going for yourself. On a tactical standpoint the Monkeys will be a mostly static position. Sense 2/3 of their weapons are heavy. Granted with the range of the Monkey's Lascannon mobility may not be a factor.

But if you went with the more mobile gunline of Acolytes I'd say a mix of melta and plasma and if anything splurge on points and get them carapace armor. Don't trust that 5+ armor save for anything.

Servitors are right out IMHO.
Rion
Rion
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 627
Army : Grey Knights, Knights Camlann (Space Marine)
Registration date : 2012-03-30

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Enkiel Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:17 am

going with Apes, is it worth it to go with a Vehicle then?

I could get ;

2x 3 Apes in chimera ; 320 pts
3x 2 Apes with 1 Crusader (to absorb some wounds) ; 255 pts

Obviously, i lose the defense vs small arms, but at least they won't all die to a vehicle explosion.
Enkiel
Enkiel
Henchmen
Henchmen

Back to top Go down

Post by Rion Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:33 am

Pros and cons for both but I'm leaning towards the vehicles, as they can act as a bunker to protect your units and add some extra firepower to the list. And if I remember the rules correctly whats inside a transport can still fire out of the Chimera at full BS even after it's moved 6" so the mobility problem is corrected somewhat. may want to get a second opinion on that.
Rion
Rion
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 627
Army : Grey Knights, Knights Camlann (Space Marine)
Registration date : 2012-03-30

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by DOMIN4TRIX Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:45 am

A few of my favourites:

Henchman Tactical squad:

2 x Jokaero / 8 x bolter Acolyte / Rhino

150 pts

Corteaz backline squad:

Corteaz / 2 x Jokaero / 3 x plasma cannon Servitor / 6 x bolter Acolyte / Chimera

315 pts

Terminator OMI Prescience squad:

OMI, TDA, psyker, psycannon / 3 plasma gun Acolyte / 6 Psyker / 1 x Mystic / Chimera

277 pts
DOMIN4TRIX
DOMIN4TRIX
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 642
Army : Knights, Nids and Necs
Registration date : 2011-08-09

Grey knight
stats:

http://corpointdeux.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Enkiel Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:53 am

but what does 8 acolyte bring? cannon fodder?

Also, the idea behind 2 or more units, is to get as much different threat as possible. with just one big unit, they just got to focus fire on them to kill them. When there's 2 or 3 of them, they need to split fire to get ride of them all, and if they do, that means they didnt shoot at the terminators.
Enkiel
Enkiel
Henchmen
Henchmen

Back to top Go down

Post by DOMIN4TRIX Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:04 pm

Yes cannon fodder - unless they are with Jokaero in which case they could become the most dangerous infantry in the game - and at 5 points per model.

It's very possible to get 36" range bolters with rending, that's a double tap at 18"

If your not so luck you may only get a bonus to your armour save or a 5++
DOMIN4TRIX
DOMIN4TRIX
Justicar
Justicar

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Enkiel Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:58 pm

Definately will have to consider that one. But if they're in a Rhino, it also means that they need to get out to get to shoot at all... not sure i'd trust a bunch of T3 5+ out in the open.

looking around (CMoN and such), seems like acolyte is modeled with just about anything. IG?
Enkiel
Enkiel
Henchmen
Henchmen

Back to top Go down

Post by DOMIN4TRIX Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:06 pm

I'm not sure I would get them out unless en-masse with other squads when guaranteed to kill the target or when scoring objectives T5.

As long as the Rhino lasts you can either fire lacannons, multi-meltas or heavy flamers
DOMIN4TRIX
DOMIN4TRIX
Justicar
Justicar

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vecuu Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:23 pm

A fun shooty Henchmen Squad I've toyed around with is:

Coteaz / OMI Inquisitor with Hell Rifle (I usually run two identical squads when I play it).
3 Plasma Servitors
1 Jokaero
5 Daemonhosts
Chimaera

The OMI is only 40 points and negates Mindlock.  If you have the points you can upgrade him to a Psyker.  

On a regular turn of firing, you get to utilize all 5 fire points with the Servitors, Inquisitor, and Jokaero.  

The Daemonhosts are actually really cool.  Firstly, they're 10 points for T4 5++ models.  That's pretty good as far as Henchmen durability goes.  In a 10man squad, they also bump the majority Toughness to T4, which is a blessing when the Chimaera eventually blows.  Both of their shooting profiles are quite good (5 and 6 on their roll chart), and open up some alternate shooting options.

If anything, it's pretty fun.

For basic Henchmen squads, I'm a huge fan of the 62 point squad of 3 Acolytes in a Psyback.  I almost always run 2 squads.
Vecuu
Vecuu
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 94
Army : Tyranids, Grey Knights
Registration date : 2012-01-02

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down