Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grey Knight Roster?

+2
Alladin the Paladin
Enkiel
6 posters

:: Tactica

Go down

Grey Knight Roster? Empty Grey Knight Roster?

Post by Enkiel Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:25 am

I was wondering, is there anywhere in any book where it talk exactly how many Grey Knights there are? are they limited to 1000 like other chapters?

Also, if says, the number IS 1000, is there anywhere in litterature where it talk about Dreadnought (or other encased barely living marines) counting toward that number or not? And vehicle pilots?
Enkiel
Enkiel
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 131
Army : 40k : DE, GK Fantasy : O&G, OK, DE, DoC
Registration date : 2013-05-17

http://enkiel.blogspot.ca

Back to top Go down

Grey Knight Roster? Empty Re: Grey Knight Roster?

Post by Alladin the Paladin Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:38 am

I always thought they were smaller than a standard SM chapter... But I am pretty green so I could be wrong... As for dreadnoughts and vehicle pilots, hard to say but I would assume they would count toward the total as they can step out and wreck face if required.
Alladin the Paladin
Alladin the Paladin
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Number of posts : 250
Registration date : 2012-07-19

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rion Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:02 am

Well not really dreadnought pilots sense they're kind of stuck in there. But when you look at 2nd company as shown in the Vanilla Codex it's 100 guys without the dreadnoughts or command squad or the Chaplin or Caito. So my thinking is, when it's says 1000 man limit I think it means 1000 line soldiers. Cause when you take in the Librarium, the Chapter Master, Techmarines and the like the number goes above 1000.

As for our number: ATLEAST 800+. We have 8 Brotherhoods (companies) each around 100 Knights strong at max strength, then we have 2 sort of fraternities the Paladins and the Purifiers. The the Librarium, the Grand Masters and the Techmarines. So add it all up we have roughly 1000 Knights when we are max strength. Not counting pilots, dreadnoughts, and the like.
Rion
Rion
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 627
Army : Grey Knights, Knights Camlann (Space Marine)
Registration date : 2012-03-30

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Enkiel Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:12 am

so the total would be ;

x Dreadknights
y Dreadnought
z Vehicle
800 Terminator/GK
200 Paladins
100 Purifiers

?
Enkiel
Enkiel
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 131
Army : 40k : DE, GK Fantasy : O&G, OK, DE, DoC
Registration date : 2013-05-17

http://enkiel.blogspot.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by Rion Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:39 am

not really sure on the numbers of Paladins/Purifiers. The codex mentions that there is only a few score Purifiers at a time. A score is 20 so I'd say there is never more then 100 Purifers. And lets saw 10 Paladins per Grand Master and Supreme Grand Master (based on: says in codex they act as bodyguard and advisers. As well as you can take a ten man squad) and at least 2 to guard the Prognosticar that's at least 92.
Rion
Rion
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 627
Army : Grey Knights, Knights Camlann (Space Marine)
Registration date : 2012-03-30

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aubec le noir Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:11 pm

The number of GK is of course a highly guarded secret !! Twisted Evil 
Anyway it has changed a lot during the last years.
In the ancient books they were 5000, now WE can assume they are about 1000.
This would be attested in the future canon fluff section !!... But hey it's a secret that i never told you ! Wink 
Aubec:pirat: 
Aubec le noir
Aubec le noir
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 3745
Army : 40K : GK (curious isn't it ;-) ) WHB : Dwarfs, Ogres, Mercs
Registration date : 2009-11-01

Grey knight
stats:

http://lacompagniephoenix.bb-fr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sai Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:12 pm

It would probably fluctuate quite a lot with strike forces sent across the entire galaxy. If a company sets off from Titan for the Eastern Fringe and they disappear for 500 years I expect another company would be built to replace them even though they might turn up later having been gone for 20 minutes in 'their time'.

The again, Draigo is still the supreme grand master despite the fact that centuries have passed in real time. How he guides the general strategy of the chapter while fighting an eternal war in the warp is a mystery. He is less in touch with current events than the most comatose of dreadnoughts.
Sai
Sai
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 754
Registration date : 2010-12-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:22 am

according to the fluff in the new codex the grey knights chapter has 8 brotherhoods with the strength roughly about 100 battle brothers, thus equaling around 800 knights, the purifier brotherhood almost never houses more than about 40 of their number(in case their numbers do swell, it foreshadows some great incursion as said in the codex). So counting the brotherhoods and the purifiers come up around 840 battle brothers, this does not include the brotherhoods officers. what comes up on top of those numbers is made of the chapters techmarines, dreadnoughts, dreadknights, librarians. id estimate our numbers being something between 900-1000 knights strong.
Jonathan
Jonathan
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2011-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down