Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2k Grey Knights with Inquisition

3 posters

Go down

2k Grey Knights with Inquisition  Empty 2k Grey Knights with Inquisition

Post by Athelor Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:39 am

Hello brothers I want your comments and critique for the following list as this is my first try to create a non-pure GK list :

Hq:
Coteaz 100 (2x Divination powers -->1. Prescience + 2. random)
Ordo Malleus Inq w/ Terminator armor + Psycannon + mastery lvl 1 (Prescience) + 2x Servo skulls 116

Elites:
1x Vindicare Assassin 145
1x Techmarine w/ Power axe + Rad grenades 100

Troops:
1x Henchmen Squad --> 3x servitor w/ 3x plasma cannons + 1x Jakaero + 8x warrior acolytes w/ 3x plasma guns these have carapace armor and 5x storm bolters these flack armor 184
1x Henchmen Squad --> 5x Deathcult assassins w/ 5x Power swords + 5x Power axes + Rhino  115
10x Terminator Squad w/ 2x Psycannons + 8x NFH (Justicar included) + 2x TH 450

Fast Atk:
10x Interceptor Squad w/ 8x swords + 2x Incinerators + Psy ammo 320

Heavy Support:
1x Dreadknight w/ Incinerator + Personal Teleporter 235
1x Dreadknight w/ Incinerator + Personal Teleporter 235

For general tactics :
Coteaz + shooty Henchmen into a ruin witch previously the Techmarine has bolster for a 3+ cover save , Terminator Squad is going to combat squad with 2x Psycannons + 3x Halberds joining the Ordo Malleus Inq walking and shooting and the rest (3x Halberds + 2 TH ) DP near a servo skull if possible) ,Vindicare into a ruin for a 2+ cover (I 'll probably infiltrate him), Teckmarine joins the Deathcult assassins into the Rhino (maybe they 'll come from reserve depending deployment) , Interceptor + 2x ND maybe "jump" first round or trying to reach enemy with Jump packs in order bake any infantry unit or anything

What do you think?? Thanks in advance Very Happy

Athelor
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 20
Army : Pure Grey Knights / Grey Knights with Inquisition
Registration date : 2013-05-25

Back to top Go down

2k Grey Knights with Inquisition  Empty Re: 2k Grey Knights with Inquisition

Post by DOMIN4TRIX Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:38 am

I like alot of the units in your army but think they need to be played a different way. For example:

If your using DCA and a Techmarine then you should invest in a Land Raider. As it is you will be shot to bits as soon as you step out of the transport - they need an assault vehicle to work properly. The Techmarine also makes more use of his talents repairing the Raider.

Interceptors are my fave unit in the codex - but I would only play them when using a GM because their real strength is in scoring.

Also, if you have two dreadknights with incinerators you might want to save yourself 20 points and arm the interceptors with psycannons for some rear armour penetration. You don't need three units doing the same thing.

You are currently spending more points on elites than on HQ, which is why you're light on troops.
DOMIN4TRIX
DOMIN4TRIX
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 642
Army : Knights, Nids and Necs
Registration date : 2011-08-09

Grey knight
stats:

http://corpointdeux.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Corennus Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:53 am

Far be it from me to totally go against what Dom is saying, but investing in a single land raider will make it a priority target. and you are spending a lot of points to put nearly all eggs in one basket...
Corennus
Corennus
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 664
Army : Ex player from 5th ed.
Registration date : 2011-02-11

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by DOMIN4TRIX Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:56 am

Oh I totally agree Corennus, just having one will be a big and vulnerable target.

All i'm saying is if you're going to try assault troops then at least give them a chance.

5 DCA in a rhino will strike fear in no-one because they will more than likely never make assault. I could ignore them all game - deciding to only shoot them on the turn they disembark, they won't draw my early fire and they won't survive out of their transport or assault.

10 DCA in a Raider is a problem that needs dealing with and will take a significant amount of fire to prevent it reaching it's target.
DOMIN4TRIX
DOMIN4TRIX
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 642
Army : Knights, Nids and Necs
Registration date : 2011-08-09

Grey knight
stats:

http://corpointdeux.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Corennus Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:56 am

Oh yes I've tried that before. Deathcult assassins work really well with a techmarine too. Techmarine w/ servo harness is brilliant cause he can deal with vehicles etc while giving the deathcults Hammerhand! expensive but when it works it works well...

Way I would do a DCA list for Athelor's and your perusal:

HQ
Coteaz w/ divination power 100

ELITES
Techmarines x 2 w/ servo harnesses & Rad Grenades 200

Vindicare Assassin 145

TROOPS

DCA (10 man) & mystic (1) x 2 320

Acolyte squad (3 man) in razorback w/ t-l plasma gun & lascannon x 4 368

HEAVY SUPPORT

Land Raider w/ multi-melta x 2 530

Dreadknight w/ Heavy Incinerator & Teleporter 235

FORTIFICATION

Aegis Defence Line w/ T-L Quad Gun 100

Reasoning:

Coteaz goes on the t-l quad gun and uses whatever divination power he gets to help his shooting (presience isn't really needed quad quad gun is t-l)
The DCAs have mystic with them to aid the dreadknight either deepstriking in or shunting 36" over to them to unleash incinerator death.

I've chosen Land Raider Godhammers because of their shooting range and also because now you can only move 6" with the other raider types before having to use snap fire only (come back defensive weapons!!!)

Techmarines can restore hull points on the raiders and also provide two places of reinforced cover for the Vindicare (and if you're sneaky you can build ADL around a ruin so coteaz gets 3+ cover save too!)

The 4 razorbacks provide more lascannon death for cheap price (and they're BS4!)
Corennus
Corennus
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 664
Army : Ex player from 5th ed.
Registration date : 2011-02-11

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content