Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UK Tournament Tactica Diary - Now using a Draigowing

+10
Souba
Omenos
jb317
Tiberius
jay170788
Vecuu
DonFer
Rivan
DOMIN4TRIX
Embolden40k
14 posters

:: Tactica

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

UK Tournament Tactica Diary - Now using a Draigowing  - Page 6 Empty Re: UK Tournament Tactica Diary - Now using a Draigowing

Post by SmokinBrown Tue May 28, 2013 8:36 am

UK Tournament Tactica Diary - Now using a Draigowing  - Page 6 Imag0710

UK Tournament Tactica Diary - Now using a Draigowing  - Page 6 Imag0711
SmokinBrown
SmokinBrown
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Number of posts : 251
Army : Grey Knights, Necrons, The Empire
Registration date : 2011-05-09

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

UK Tournament Tactica Diary - Now using a Draigowing  - Page 6 Empty Re: UK Tournament Tactica Diary - Now using a Draigowing

Post by SmokinBrown Tue May 28, 2013 8:38 am

It's still WIP, the banner from his back is obviously missing, I've only done 1 layer on the sword and no detail on his right arm really, and the cloak bits still need a lot of work.

SB
SmokinBrown
SmokinBrown
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by DOMIN4TRIX Tue May 28, 2013 10:30 am

Great painting SB!

I love the new list Em.

It's scary good in combat! Draigo / Palladin's / Dreadknight / Destroyer Lord / Wraith's!

And presents some difficult choices for the opponent:

- Two very dangerous squads composed of multi-wound models, one fast, one slow but both able to tank wounds onto their HQ (sepiternal weave will be useful)

- An AV13 tank, a monstrous creature and a flyer to worry about as well!

I think this is my fave of your three lists - it has a variety of units much like your first but also the staying power of your second.

P.S - you may find this interesting - I know I did, the kind of article that makes you wonder about dropping Cortaez and taking a second Nightsythe....... http://www.3plusplus.net/2013/05/killing-flyers-in-40k-part-2-necrons-and-the-maths-of-magic-bullets/
DOMIN4TRIX
DOMIN4TRIX
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 642
Army : Knights, Nids and Necs
Registration date : 2011-08-09

Grey knight
stats:

http://corpointdeux.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by SmokinBrown Tue May 28, 2013 11:21 am

Yeah I like it, a well balanced list. I was gonna try taking an allied detachment of necrons when I get mine all built and painted Smile

SB
SmokinBrown
SmokinBrown
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by SmokinBrown Wed May 29, 2013 4:52 am

DOMIN4TRIX wrote:Great painting SB!

I only just noticed this! ha.

Thanks Dom Smile I mostly just game so I'm just shooting for a half decent tabletop standard tbh. Starting to get a little bit more into the painting though, it's just so time consuming lol.

Also there are loads of little failcast mistakes on the model, I got it when failcast first came out and I was new to 40K so didn't really know what I was looking at/for Sad oh well.

SB
SmokinBrown
SmokinBrown
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Embolden40k Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:11 am

Wow, that Draigo looks stunning! SB!

Cheers Dom! Smile

That article is an interesting one, I rate Necron flyers, but looking at the math, Annihilation Barges are better all-rounders. I'm getting tempted to make Necrons the Primary force.. :p

Embolden40k
Embolden40k
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 104
Army : Grey Knights, Eldar
Registration date : 2012-09-10

Grey knight
stats:

http://embolden40k.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by SmokinBrown Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:44 am

Cheers! Very Happy

I was tempted to do that, well at least take Grey Knights as allies with my Necron army. Found this interesting little tactic after reading a thread on the Necron forum about everyone complaining about the deathmarks ethereal interception or whatever its called where they can come down after an enemy deepstrikes. They were complaining because they arrive in the enemy turn and get shot to pieces before they can do anything. But if you take Mordrak as an ally, he automatically arrives in your first turn, and because GK's are allies of convenience, the units are counted as enemy units, meaning you can bring down maxed out deathmarks in your own first turn via deep strike.

SB
SmokinBrown
SmokinBrown
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by DOMIN4TRIX Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:46 am

Not sure i'd bother playing a rematch with someone that pulled that one SB.

Its a fine line between tactical genius and exploiting loopholes.

DOMIN4TRIX
DOMIN4TRIX
Justicar
Justicar

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by SmokinBrown Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:54 am

Oo I wouldn't go as far as to say I was exploiting loopholes Razz It's no worse than the Farsight bomb. Well possibly, depending on what you're playing against. It's a lot of points too, 870 to make it work with maxed out deathmarks. I thought it was more along the lines of tactical brilliance Razz

I know what you mean though, its very cheesey and I'm surprised I've not seen competitive lists running it. Might try it against my mate one day Razz can't be any worse than what I do to his nids with my Grey Knights.

Also, they seem kinda like sacrificial units, doubt they would last long, and are vulnerable to mishaps and such.

SB
SmokinBrown
SmokinBrown
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by volvoe Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:43 am

Hmm that's actually an interesting tactic SB. I love running mordrak, but I think the faq for the BRB said that all allies are considered 'friendly.' When I get home I'll find it and post it.

Also great bat reps Em!
volvoe
volvoe
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 223
Army : Purifier Variant
Registration date : 2012-04-06

Back to top Go down

Post by SmokinBrown Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:19 pm

Found it, page 3 of the FAQ...

Page 112 – Allies of Convenience
Change the second paragraph to read “Units in your army
treat Allies of Convenience as enemy units that cannot be
charged, shot, targeted with psychic powers or have
templates or blast markers placed overthem. However, if a
psychic power, scattering Blast weapon or other ability that
affects an area hits some of these Allies of Convenience, they
will be affected along with any friendly or enemy units. Note
that Allies of Convenience units are treated as ‘friendly units’
forthe purpose of controlling and denying Objectives, and
forthe purpose of pile-in moves in Close Combat.
This
means that, for example…etc”

So this shouldn't affect this particular tactic. Thanks for pointing it out though.

SB
SmokinBrown
SmokinBrown
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by volvoe Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:52 pm

Thanks for finding it Very Happy Interesting, I guess this tactic is possible then..
volvoe
volvoe
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 223
Army : Purifier Variant
Registration date : 2012-04-06

Back to top Go down

Post by SmokinBrown Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:19 am

Might pick up the models soon to give it a try. Do you reckon 3x10 deathmarks or 2x10 deathmarks and a stalker to make them twinlinked?

SB
SmokinBrown
SmokinBrown
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by SmokinBrown Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:05 am

To make it worse you could use Nemesor Zandrehk and drop 3 units of deathmarks, Mordrak and ghost knights, and 3 monoliths on your first turn Smile

SB
SmokinBrown
SmokinBrown
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Embolden40k Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:06 am

Hey everyone,

Sorry for the hiatus, I've been busy playing Eldar! Smile, But I have been playing with my Paladins as we had a league going at the gaming club.

I won my group quite comfortably, thanks to 3 tablings giving me the luxury of experimenting with Necrons, but going into the Semis and hopefully final, as it would be last time I would be using my Paladins I wanted to pure Paladins and thats what I did.

Semi Final Vs Dark Angels

We rolled for mission and got KPs! Result! Hammer and Anvil Deployment... oh no!

I would be using:
Draigo
Coteaz
10 Paladins - 4 Psycannons, Banner, Apoth, Psybolt
5 Paladins - 2 MC Psycannons, 1 MC Storm Bolter, Psybolt
1 Paladin
Dreadknight - Heavy Incinerator
Dreadknight - Heavy Incinerator

I would be facing off against:
Libby on bike
Azreal
2x5 Black Knights 1 Grenade Launcher in each squad, 1 squad has Banner and Apoth.
10 Tactical Marines - 2? meltaguns? in Drop Pod
3x6 Bikes 2 with 2 Plasma, 1x2 Meltaguns
1x3 Bikes 2 Meltaguns
4 Attack Bikes with Multimeltas
Devastator Squad - 4 Lascannons

I took first turn and got firstblood turn2 after moving and running turn1, I then lost Draigo turn2, then got the drop pod and another bike squad, but I had managed to snipe out the Banner and Apoth from the Black Knight squad and took out all 4 Lascannons from the Dev squad I then lost the 5 Paladins, but it took the entire armies shooting. Then is was a case of not being tabled, so one Dreadknight ran off, Coteaz, went at the back the Paladins and hid behind a hill. In the end of the I won a streaky 7-4 on KPs. So I got into the Final!

I would be up against Nick and his Blood Angels, we actually met in the League and I actually tabled him! So I was feeling confident... until I noticed his list! He had used his free change to the list very wisely!

Dante
Corbulo
6 Death Company with Jump Packs, 1 Hammer
8 Assault Marines 1 Meltagun
5 Sang Guard - 1 Fist, 1 Meltapistol, 1 Plasmapistol
5 Sang Guard - 1 Fist, 1 Meltapistol, 1 Plasmapistol, 1 Banner
Storm Raven - Plasma Cannon, Multimelta
Storm Raven - Plasma Cannon, Multimelta
Landraider

Mission: Emperors Will, Dawn of War Deployment

I again got first turn and spent it moving and running
Draigo was reduced to 1 wound!

Turn2 I managed to grab Firstblood as I got 4 Pens against the Landraider!!

Turn2 for the BA the Storm Ravens come on and take out Draigo and 5 Paladins!

Turn3 I basically try to occupy Nick on his objective by deep striking in on his objective, but only a Dreadknight comes in and it mishaps back into reserve.

Nick goes for the tabling, as Dante and Coteaz mutually kill each other, I end the turn on 1 Paladin, which passes 2 5+ saves and 3 2+ saves.

My reserves arrive turn4, the Solodin arrives on my objective, the Dreadknight walks on and defends the same objective, the 5 Paladins and Dreadknight lands near Nicks objective.

In the end Nick fights off my advances, but it takes everything bar the Storm Ravens, which go after the Solodin, who survives going to ground for a 2+ save in a ruin/area terrain!

In the end I have a Solidin and unwounded Dreadknight on my objective and Nick has a single Assault Marine, Corbulo and a Storm Raven left! So it was bloody but I have won on Firstblood! taking the league title!

So a win on my last game with the Paladins for a while as I switch to Eldar!

Thanks for reading!
Embolden40k
Embolden40k
Henchmen
Henchmen

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by DOMIN4TRIX Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:42 am

Congrats on winning the tournament! cheers 
DOMIN4TRIX
DOMIN4TRIX
Justicar
Justicar

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Embolden40k Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:52 am

Hey Dom, thanks!

My last two games where extremely competitive and tense throughout! Really enjoyable! I thought I was beat when I was drawn against Dark Angels, the mission helped massively!

In the final again I thought I was beat turn2 when I lost half my army in a turn... But somehow the army ground it out for me! Just goes to show how good Paladins really are, even on the back foot they can perform.

But now my attention switches to Eldar and a 1500pt tournament in October.

My Eldar list is looking like this at present:

Autarch, Bike, Fusiongun
6 Bikes, 2 Shuriken Cannons
3 Bikes, 1 Shuriken Cannon
3 Bikes
10 Guardians with a Shuriken Cannon in Wave Serpent, Scatter Laser, Holofields
5 Dire Avengers in Wave Serpent, Scatter Laser, Holofields
5 Dire Avengers in Wave Serpent, Scatter Laser, Holofields
Wraithlord - 2 Bright Lances, 2 Flamers
Wraithlord - 2 Bright Lances, 2 Flamers
Night Spinner
Aegis Defence Line - Quadgun
1499pts
Embolden40k
Embolden40k
Henchmen
Henchmen

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6