Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Psyk-Out grenades

2 posters

:: Tactica

Go down

Psyk-Out grenades Empty Psyk-Out grenades

Post by w0lfgang7 Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:09 am

I'm looking again at Psyk-Out grenades. How do they work exactly? I understand the whole 'reduced to initiative 1' part. But when do they get thrown? Since one model per unit can throw 1 grenade in the shooting phase, do they go off here? This would make the most logical sense. The blast goes off, impacts the enemy, but not the Knights because their out of range. (Oh...8" range I'd assume?) Or are they used in melee since no range is given? If so, when do they go off? At the highest grey knight initiative? (If they are used in melee then please no one tell GW! ...because shouldn't the Knights be caught in the blast; as well?) Do they just auto-launch themselves with their holy powers and simple work because the unit is equipped with them? Or do you need to designate a model as tossing a psyk-out grenade (and if so in what phase?)? Thanks for the help! The answer is probably easy, but I'm too lost in multiple books on multiple pages to see it!

w0lfgang7
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2013-03-25

Back to top Go down

Psyk-Out grenades Empty Re: Psyk-Out grenades

Post by bigbri Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:27 pm

You're confusing our special grenades with the new rules in the BRB that can be thrown. Ours don't have to be thrown, nor do they use any blast markers so they won't hit your own guys. They go off automatically as soon as you move into b2b so the targets will be reduced to I1 before anyone does anything.

bigbri
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 712
Army : Grey Knights/Space Wolves/Imperial Guard
Registration date : 2010-08-04

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by w0lfgang7 Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:47 pm

Got it. I thought I was too close to the trees to see the forest! Thanks!

w0lfgang7
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2013-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down