Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Potentially all-scoring GK 1000 list?

+3
Omenos
first strike
PurityinFlames
7 posters

Go down

Potentially all-scoring GK 1000 list? Empty Potentially all-scoring GK 1000 list?

Post by PurityinFlames Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:55 pm

I am planning on fielding a relatively simple GK force at our local club in the coming weeks, I'm not particularly keen on power armour or terminator armour, so no one will be expecting this from appearing on the table.

So, my 1000 point list - which is exactly 1000 points is

Grey Knight Grand Master with psycannon and rad grenades (235 points) attached to

Grey Knight Purgation Squad with 2 psilencers and 2 psycannons and a Justicar (160 points) behind

Aegis Defence Line with Quad Gun (100 points)

Grey Knight Terminator Squad with Psycannon (225 points)

Grey Knight Strike Squad with psilencer (100 points)

Razorback with twin-linked heavy bolters and psybolt ammo (50 points)

Interceptor Squad with psilencer (130 points)

Which is 1000 points

With Grand Strategy, I can make the Heavy Support unit and the Fast attack into Scoring units - the only thing that concerns me is the lack of range - I have 1 unit that can shoot 36" and the rest are limited to 24"...

However, it does have a fair bit of body to it and enough staying power to ruin someone's day

PurityinFlames
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 167
Registration date : 2012-11-29

Back to top Go down

Potentially all-scoring GK 1000 list? Empty Re: Potentially all-scoring GK 1000 list?

Post by first strike Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:22 pm

What is with all the psilencers, do you play against lots of deamons?
The grand master could be changed to a inquisitor with terminator armour and a psicannon and psi level for cheeper with prescince.
The quad gun and agis line is not doing enough for the army, in this I mean that the quad gun is usefull but the agis line is only realy protecting a purg squad your grand master (if does not need a 4+ cover save, which he dose not) and a razorback.
first strike
first strike
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Number of posts : 409
Army : Grey Knights, Eldar, Space Wolves, High Elf
Registration date : 2012-02-08

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Potentially all-scoring GK 1000 list? Empty Re: Potentially all-scoring GK 1000 list?

Post by PurityinFlames Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:01 am

As I was so tight on the points, I could only really take the free support weapons

Plus in the Purgation squad, I wanted something that could tackle massed infantry and mech

PurityinFlames
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 167
Registration date : 2012-11-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Omenos Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:37 am

Going to stick my oar in here... Psycannons fit the bill for that, yes it fires slightly less shots than the Psilencer but due it's high strength it's a lot more likely to wound, you'd have to be shooting at T7+ Daemons to make the Psilencer better in terms of shooting than the Psycannons.

As I pointed out before, if you are taking grenades on the GM, attach him to the terminator squad, if your purge squad gets assaulted you've got bigger problems and rad grenades aren't going to fix it whereas you can make your terminator squad into an assault death star squad. I agree with taking the GM as Grand Strategy will help with objective based games.

Basically, I would do the following to this list to tweak it without taking much away from it:

1) Drop the razorback. Yes, controversial as it means your strike squad is on foot but with your interceptors legging it up the field and your terminators presumably meeting them there when they deep strike you might want the strike squad to run over to a rear objective and defend it.

2) Psycannons for everybody! 40 points from the 50 gained from dropping the razorback will allow you to upgrade all those psilencers to psycannons which are superb weapon.

3) 10 points spare... MC the GM and the terminator justicars force weapons

Omenos
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 88
Army : Knights of the Unconquered Sun (GKs), Imperial Fists (WIP)
Registration date : 2013-02-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealadin Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:15 am

There are three rules to Grey Knight Club:
1) You do not talk about Grey Knights.
2) You DO NOT talk about Grey Knights.
3) Never take psilencers!

You lose all your flexibility and utility from the unit's shooting!
Zealadin
Zealadin
Grand Master
Grand Master

Number of posts : 3279
Army : Retired Eldar, Puritan Grey Knights, Dark Eldar
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Grey knight
stats:

http://kael-din.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiberian Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:12 pm

Agreed, I have a distaste for psilencers as well
Tiberian
Tiberian
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 112
Army : Grey Knights, Tau, Orks
Registration date : 2012-01-16

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Andarius the Red Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:29 pm

Psilancers have their place, with the new chaos space marines codex out just about half the book is daemons or daemonically possessed troops/vehicles. You do lose some in mobility since its strictly a heavy weapon but arm them on terminators or a heavy psilancer to a dreadknight then you have something nasty there.

Remember its wounding profile matches the toughness of a demonic target and believe me its hard for a chaos player to NOT take something big, flashy and.... Repulsive as a demonic unit of any kind.
Andarius the Red
Andarius the Red
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Number of posts : 433
Army : Grey Knights
Registration date : 2008-07-28

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by volvoe Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:27 am

If only psilencers had more range than it would be somewhat viable. The only version of a psilencer I take is the gatling psilencer on my NDK (who also has a heavy incinerator). If you want more flexibility and save points get 10 man SS with psybolt ammunition. It provides the same range of shooting as the psilencer but you're able to wound much better.

As brother first strike said an Inquisitor could replace the Grand Master. Your Grand master is taking up over 1/5 of your total points. A cheaper HQ would be better in 1000 points because you don't have much to spare. Coteaz is a really good pick imo, he's a 100 points and gives you so much. He allows warbands to be troops (I'm guessing you're not going to use those and you don't have to), 2 powers from Divination, and gives you a better chance at going first. I also think Dreadnoughts with 2 twin linked auto cannons + psybolt ammunition are really good as well (135 points). When I first started playing I saw that everyone ran them; I wanted to be cool so I decided I wouldn't run them. But after getting tabled by dark eldar I realized I needed long range fire power to take out vehicles. Yes they did get nerfed in 6th edition with their 3 hull points but people usually neglect them. Everything in our codex that is neglected provides a punch.
volvoe
volvoe
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 223
Army : Purifier Variant
Registration date : 2012-04-06

Back to top Go down

Post by first strike Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:48 pm

Andarius the Red wrote:Psilancers have their place, with the new chaos space marines codex out just about half the book is daemons or daemonically possessed troops/vehicles. You do lose some in mobility since its strictly a heavy weapon but arm them on terminators or a heavy psilancer to a dreadknight then you have something nasty there.

Remember its wounding profile matches the toughness of a demonic target and believe me its hard for a chaos player to NOT take something big, flashy and.... Repulsive as a demonic unit of any kind.

I am sorry, but psilancers dont have a place in a grey knight army. The only time one will out preform a psy cannon is when your deamon opp is T8, with at least a 3+ armour save. Psilancers dont rend, are heavy, S4 on normals or wound on 4's against deamons and have no ap. Take them against gretchin or guard and you might have something, but we dont need them to help us there, a S5 storm bolter will do the job for you. Even for free they are still not worth the points. Take them our of you box, place them in a pot on the stove and enjoy the fumes, as this is the only joy you will get form them. lol!
first strike
first strike
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Number of posts : 409
Army : Grey Knights, Eldar, Space Wolves, High Elf
Registration date : 2012-02-08

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiberian Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:11 pm

LOL well put!
Tiberian
Tiberian
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 112
Army : Grey Knights, Tau, Orks
Registration date : 2012-01-16

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by volvoe Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:33 pm

Or make them into conversion beamer conversions!
volvoe
volvoe
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 223
Army : Purifier Variant
Registration date : 2012-04-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down