Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Heavy Hitters List (2000 points, 2x FoC)

4 posters

Go down

Heavy Hitters List (2000 points, 2x FoC) Empty Heavy Hitters List (2000 points, 2x FoC)

Post by Omenos Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:53 am

Hi guys, me again with yet another list to bounce off you Smile

Basically, I've decided to try out a hard hitting list and I'd like to see what you think. I'm mostly wondering how feasible it would be to run:

FOC 1:

HQ:
Grand Master (Psycannon) 220

Elite:
Vindicare Assassin 145

Troop:
GKSS (Halberd, 2x Sword, Hammer, Psycannon, Razorback HB+psybolt) 175
GKT (3x Halberd, 2x Hammer, Psycannon) 225

Heavy:
Dreadknight (Heavy Incinerator, Greatsword) 185
Dreadknight (Heavy Incinerator, Heavy Psycannon) 200

FOC 2:

HQ:
Malleus Inquisitor (Power Armour, Psyker - Psychic Communion) 63
- Henchmen (3x HB Servitors, 6x Bolter Acolytes) 60

Troop:

Heavy:
Psyfleman Dreadnought, Searchlight 136
Psyfleman Dreadnought, Searchlight 136

Fortification:
ADL + Quadgun 100

Total: 2000 points

The idea is that the Dreadknights, Terminators and the GM start in reserve. The Strike Squads bunker up in their razorbacks either hidden or charging up the field depending on the situation. The inquisitor and henchmen bunker up in the defense line and weather through any fire coming their way by going to ground if needed. The inquisitor uses psychic communion to help get the terminators and dreadknights into the fray on turn 2 deep in enemy territory and rip up their tanks or gun line infantry. The GM is here to make the dreadknights scoring if required due to the lack of scoring units but it can give scout if needed to help move the GKSSs closer to the enemy if the situation requires that instead of additional scoring units.

Thoughts on the composition of the list and/or how well this heavy-handed strategy could work?

Note: The reason why some units here are "sub-optimal" (e.g. dreadknights weapon configs and servitors with HBs) is because I modeled them that way a while ago and it'll be very difficult to change them now *blush*

Last edited by Omenos on Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:44 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Tidied up the list)

Omenos
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 88
Army : Knights of the Unconquered Sun (GKs), Imperial Fists (WIP)
Registration date : 2013-02-01

Back to top Go down

Heavy Hitters List (2000 points, 2x FoC) Empty Re: Heavy Hitters List (2000 points, 2x FoC)

Post by DOMIN4TRIX Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:25 am

Double FOC is a tricky one to optimise. Correct me if i'm wrong but don't you get two allied detachments, one for each FOC. So have a choice of 6 HQ, 8 Elites, 16 Troops, 8 Fast Attack and 8 Support across 3 codices.

DOMIN4TRIX
DOMIN4TRIX
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 642
Army : Knights, Nids and Necs
Registration date : 2011-08-09

Grey knight
stats:

http://corpointdeux.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Heavy Hitters List (2000 points, 2x FoC) Empty Re: Heavy Hitters List (2000 points, 2x FoC)

Post by Omenos Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:33 am

Yes and no, you get would get access to two allied detachments but I believe the allies detachments have to be from the same codex much like how the two primary have to be from the same codex.

Omenos
Henchmen
Henchmen

Back to top Go down

Post by slayer18 Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:02 pm

I don't know how well this will work. But I hope for the best. If nothing else, you will probably stomp deathwing and deamons due to your high number of strike squads. If you get the chance though, consider making the inquisitor a prescience caster. Your GM already has psychic communion, so that lets you bring in your deepstrikers on a 2+. Also, I would drop the psycannon from the GM. It's the cost of a terminator, for Emperor's sake, man.

slayer18
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 198
Army : Grey Knights-5k, Ravenwing-1k(so far), Tau 2k
Registration date : 2011-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealadin Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:38 am

The only thing that makes this double FoC is the 4 HS...
You really want to abuse the double FoC when it is available because that is what the best codexes will do and it will be super nasty. Imagine 4-6 Helldrakes...
Zealadin
Zealadin
Grand Master
Grand Master

Number of posts : 3279
Army : Retired Eldar, Puritan Grey Knights, Dark Eldar
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Grey knight
stats:

http://kael-din.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Omenos Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:10 pm

Ended up not using this list in the end, the only way I could really abuse the double FoC as pointed out would be to go for 6 HS options rather than 4. To do that would mean I would need cheaper troops that I don't have available... So I took the following instead:

HQ:
Librarian - warding stave, teleport homer, psybolt (205)
Coteaz (100)

Troop:
GKSS - 10 men, 2 halberds (justicar had one), 4 swords, 2 hammers, 2 psycannons, psybolt, rhino (310)
GKT - 10 men, warding stave (justicar), 6 halberds, 2 hammers, banner, psybolt (515)
GKT - 5 men, 3 swords (justicar had one), 1 hammer, banner, psybolt (270)

Heavy:
Purgation squad - 4 psycannons, razorback w. HB and psybolt (230)
Psyfle dread (135)
Psyfle dread (135)

Fortification:
Defence line w. Quadgun (100)

Total: 2000

Omenos
Henchmen
Henchmen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down