Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

noob list

4 posters

Go down

noob list Empty noob list

Post by Virgilio Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:55 am

Hi brothers, I try to make a 1000 PA list to well understand what models I have to buy in the future... for now I have a Grand Master, a Librarian, a Dreadnught, 5 Terminators and 15 Knights.

So, here's the plan:
Brotherhood Champion + Empyrean Mines
5x Purifiers with Halberds
Razorback with Dozer Blade & HK missile
- 300 AP
5x Terminators, Halberd, PsyCannon, Psyammo
- 245 AP
10x GKSS, 2x PsyCannon, PsyAmmo
Rhino with HK missile & Dozer Blade
- 295 AP
Dreadnought (Autocannonx2, PsyAmmo)
- 135 AP

I have 24 more AP, and I'm thinking to put 2 Hammer for GKSS.

The Champion and Purifiers come from reserves, as for Terminators: Champion would lead a suicide charge into enemy lines, while Termys would try to go for an objective via deep strike.
I would divide the GKSS units, drop one to babysit a home objective and go for the next thanks to the Rhino. The Dreaddy gives some fire support.

Would it works?

Thank you

Virgilio
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2013-01-16

Back to top Go down

noob list Empty Re: noob list

Post by Rivan Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:01 am

I think the psyammo for 5 termies is too expensive. IMO, taking out the hunter killer missiles and the psyammo for and giving one of your RB a twin-linked assault cannon w/ psyammo might be better. Just my two cents...
Rivan
Rivan
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 4404
Army : Grey Knights 7th Brotherhood, Salamanders
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by volvoe Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:19 am

The list is good for what you have, but of course there's better ways of improving it. +1 to Rivan, I agree you don't need hunter killer missiles. In terms of load out on your razor back, twin-linked assault cannon is very good if you're coming from reserves but I don't see why you would want to. Playing purifiers as an elite rather than troops you want them to be contesting objectives. Coming in a turn later would not let them get across the board fast enough. I would field them on them on the table because you'll only have a rhino and a dreadnaught on the field. Their armors are 11 and 12 which means they could die pretty easily with only 3 hull points each.

If you plan on having both razorback and rhino out, it will definitely draw fire to at least one (most likely the razorback). That would mean leaving your dreadnaught to survive and have support fire. And if that's the case I'd run a razorback with psybolt ammunition with a heavy bolter (only 50 points). Str 6 AP 4 Heavy 3 36" is pretty good. But spending an additional 40 points for something that has 24" range Str 7 AP 4 Heavy 4 is a little to expensive for me (esp when it'll draw so much fire). I like splitting terminators with 2 Halberds, 2 Swords, and 1 Hammer which is pretty good because it gives you a bit of offense a bit of defense and a finisher. Welp, that's all I have to say I think. Also since night fighting is relevant maybe you want some searchlights here and there.

Another thing you might want to do is add a storm bolter to your razor back incase it gets a weapon destroyed you have a 50% chance of losing the storm bolter instead. Plus there's a bit more dakadaka.
volvoe
volvoe
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 223
Army : Purifier Variant
Registration date : 2012-04-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Virgilio Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:24 am

Thank you brothers.

Maybe I failed to apply some rules, I suppose when a unit come from reserve it can come from every side of the table, as you say it seems not.

So, the points:
- Because Termys would come from reserves and there are not so much things that like to go in melee with them, I suppose psyammo would be fine: they have an average of two turn of fire (2nd and third) before charge into the fray, so with the improved Strength they can make a little more damage. But I would think about it a little better.
- I would try the Termied mixed up weaponry :-)
- Why no Hunter Killer missile? I suppose it would be great target an enemy armoured vehicle since the 1st turn with a powerful weapon, regardless of distance, before any single shot. And it's only 10 AP... But I suppose a good firepower that lasts longer would be more useful as u say.
- I appreciate the RB helps, I never use one of them before ^^

I would plan to have only the RB out, using the Rhino only to drop my two GKSS units on objective, giving them some speed without make them become a too appetible target.

I change the list using your advices asap!!

Virgilio
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Back to top Go down

Post by volvoe Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:31 am

I think you need the Outflanking rule to be able to come off over other board edges. I think the only way we could get that is through rolling for warlord traits. After looking through the codex, Hunterkiller missiles are Krak missiles so they are Str8 AP3 with only one shot a game. I would rather have a storm bolter because it benefits from psybolt ammunition upgrade, and can potentially save your other weapon. The hunterkiller missile is kind of inconsistent and unreliable. Sure, one shot could change the outcome of a game but I wouldn't bank on a krak missile. With one shot, you could fail to hit, or even fail to penn/wound, and then they could get saves. Espicially now vehicles benefit from night fighting and get coversaves. Basically you could wif your shot and have wasted the ten points that you could have spent elsewhere.

If you think about it, the Rhino is like a just like a Razorback but without the gun. Having your 10 men strikesquad in the rhino isn't a bad idea because there's 2 fire points to shoot from. Hm, you have 2 Psycannons which are basically assault cannons +1 strength. You've effectively made your rhino into a razorback with assault cannon with psybolt ammunition without having to spend that extra 40 points (too bad they aren't twinlinked)! So I guess you could run another assault cannon on the actual razorback because then you'd have 2 pretty hard hitting tanks. Rhinos and razor backs aren't going to last that long on the board sadly Crying or Very sad but if they do, you'll do a lot of damage!
volvoe
volvoe
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 223
Army : Purifier Variant
Registration date : 2012-04-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Rivan Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:50 am

+1 w/ Volvoe

Good point on the rhino w/ 2 psycannons firing out of it. I forgot about this since I rarely use rhinos and RB now Laughing
Rivan
Rivan
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 4404
Army : Grey Knights 7th Brotherhood, Salamanders
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:04 pm

Finally someone with some sense. +1 volvoe

Back to top Go down

Post by Virgilio Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:17 am

Ok, this is the list now (1000 AP exactly!):

BrotherHood Champion

Purifiers x5
+ 4x Haberds
+ 1x Hammer
+ MasterCrafted weapon

Razorback
+ Dozer Blade
+ Assault Requiem
+ PsyAmmo
+ Hunter Killer Missile
+ Light

Terminators x5
+ 2x Halberds
+ 1x Hammer
+ 2x Swords
+ PsyCannon
+ PsyAmmo

GKSS x10
+ 1x Hammer
+ 2x PsyCannon
+ PsyAmmo

Rhino
+ Dozer Blade
+ Light
+ Hunter Killer Missile

Dreadnought
+ Autocannon
+ Auotcannon
+ PsyAmmo

I drop empyrean mines because is a situational weapon. I follow much of your suggestion, like improve the Razorback, adding two lights to the tanks to have something that can deal nightfight.
Purifiers are supposed to go in melee asap, so they haven't any heavy weapon; I only add an Hammer to make them more dangerous even for heavy armoured targets.
The Rhino are supposed to transport the GKSS divided in 2 squads, one with the Hammer and the PsyCannons that lead the assault to an objective, the rest (with the Justicar) would defend near objectives.

I have 20 more points to spend, and I decide to choice the HK missiles anyway... they are not supposed to deal massive damage, but a lucky strike in first turn can change the whole battle before my units can reach the enemy. I don't plan my strategy on them, I consider only a "bonus strike".
If I drop the two HK missiles I can spend the 20 AP on PsyAmmo for Purifiers, and drop the MasterCrafted to have one Staff of Protection for them (I don't like it so much as model, but my purifiers are all magnetized so it could be).

Thanks for your help!

Virgilio
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiberian Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:23 pm

looks pretty solid for 1000 points
Tiberian
Tiberian
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 112
Army : Grey Knights, Tau, Orks
Registration date : 2012-01-16

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiberian Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:27 pm

I played a 1000 point list on Saturday with a psycannon shooting out of a rhino top hatch and it worked out very well
Tiberian
Tiberian
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 112
Army : Grey Knights, Tau, Orks
Registration date : 2012-01-16

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content