Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grey Knights as Allies

+2
DonFer
xxunphasedxx
6 posters

:: Tactica

Go down

Grey Knights as Allies  Empty Grey Knights as Allies

Post by xxunphasedxx Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:28 am

Hello Brothers

As i play many other armies, (Tau, Vanilla Space marines, Blood angels, Death Guard) i was wondering if we, The Grey Knights, as allies would work well? Grey knights are my favorite army because the look so cool and i love the few against the many idea, not to mention we kick @$$. But would they perform well when they are playing with others? For Example: a Tau gun line with Crowe walking/hiding and some purifiers in rhinos ready to counter charge, or Draigo and a handful of paladins holding the line, while the Tau shoot overhead. Does anyone think we are worth being allies? Is there a reason the tau shouldn't just put thunder hammer terminators in instead of us? What about other armies? Are there any that should consider us as allies before others? Who should stay as far away from us as possible? Just curious what my fellow brothers think.

The obvious problem with us as allies is we are so expensive that we will be eating a huge chunk of whatever army we are aligning with. But are we worth the cost of 50-30% of another army? When i think of allies, i think of parasites. if we get to big, we will impede its function to the point where they are no longer needed, so we have to find a symbiotic relationship with the host army, where both armies can excel.

P.S. I am not sure if this is already a topic somewhere else.

Thanks Brothers, xxunphasedxx.
xxunphasedxx
xxunphasedxx
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 20
Army : Grey Knights, Blood Angels, Vanilla Marines, Death Guard, Tau
Registration date : 2011-06-21

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Grey Knights as Allies  Empty Re: Grey Knights as Allies

Post by DonFer Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:17 pm

I'd use Coteaz and his warbands for allies, 2 Assbacks full of melta/plasma acolytes plus some heavy support I guess could do the trick.
DonFer
DonFer
Terminator
Terminator

Number of posts : 1398
Registration date : 2010-10-21

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sai Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:41 pm

Anywhere you would use a standard terminator squad a Grey Knight Terminator squad does the same with a handful of advantages, the most important being that they are scoring in most circumstances. Obviously an assault terminator stormshield crew is harder to kill with ap2 weapons, but the GKT have flexibility on their side in that their shooting is fairly effective.
Sai
Sai
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 754
Registration date : 2010-12-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Overlord Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:32 am

I think that Grey Knights are a great ally… but I am pretty partial. Laughing
I agree with brother Sai... Terminators as troops are probably the thing that makes GKs so desirable as an ally. They may be spendy but they really have a lot to offer to so many armies in the way of support, strength, and flexibility.
Overlord
Overlord
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 120
Army : Grey Knights/Chaos SM/Orks/Tyranids
Registration date : 2011-09-14

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by xxunphasedxx Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:57 am

So i played a game with my tau and grey knight allies. my opponent was a eldar army with dark eldar allies. My Allied detachment was Draigo with a apothecary paladin i call tim... thats it. my opponent was upset that i was going to field more Grey Knights because he had never beaten them and was getting bored. so i dropped the original ideas on strike squads and subbed in Draigo and my opponent agreed. Draigo and his friend Tim were beasts, they paced in front of the gun line while my tau shot overhead, my opponents dark eldar eventually weathered the storm only to be slaughtered by Draigo, then a Wraithlord and a badly maimed squad of striking scorpions attacked Draigo and Tim but were beaten to a pulp. Draigo ate shot after shot and mopped up any survivors that made it near my tau. although it couldn't be a competitive list, it was fun and exciting. it does not say much for this topic but i thought it was still funny enough to share.
xxunphasedxx
xxunphasedxx
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 20
Army : Grey Knights, Blood Angels, Vanilla Marines, Death Guard, Tau
Registration date : 2011-06-21

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aubec le noir Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:59 am

Draigo IS a beast indeed ! Twisted Evil
sorry for your foe ! Wink Razz
And then after the win ... did Draigo and Tim ate your Tau too, didn't they !? Twisted Evil
Aubec pirat
Aubec le noir
Aubec le noir
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 3745
Army : 40K : GK (curious isn't it ;-) ) WHB : Dwarfs, Ogres, Mercs
Registration date : 2009-11-01

Grey knight
stats:

http://lacompagniephoenix.bb-fr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by appleunit Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:32 am

take termi squad with ANVIL THAWN and even when whole unit is wipe out , and thawn can get back up on roll of 4(btw he IS A TROOP) he can contest and score like a FUKING BOSS, not to mention denying KP in a match, super EFFECTIVE
appleunit
appleunit
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2012-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down