Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

6th Edition All Troops (almost) 2k Army of Awesome

+7
slayer18
Newtpow
Overlord
Corennus
bigbri
Akoni
Klauzer
11 posters

Go down

6th Edition All Troops (almost) 2k Army of Awesome Empty 6th Edition All Troops (almost) 2k Army of Awesome

Post by Klauzer Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:56 pm

So the other day I had a fun and exciting game against one of the nastiest necron lists I've ever had the misfortune of fighting. This list consisted of ALL THE FLYING THINGS! When you have to face down 3 doomsythes and 6 nightsythes in the same army things get pretty rough. However, I had a star of the show unit, and that was 10x terms with 2x psycannons and psybolt ammo...but wait that sounds dumb! BEHOLD! The most broken thing of the new rules (that i've used)...Ordo Malleus Inquisitor in termie armor and a psycannon...with the new Prescience psychic power (reroll all "to hit" rolls). Can you say 3 twin linked psycannons and 8 twin linked str5 storm bolters? Better yet its the primaris power, which means you can always take it with you in every game. Now I only had the one unit of these guys, and they outdid every other unit I brought with me...including my GM/paladin unit. They survived 2 turns of 3 doomsythes and another of 5 nightsythes all shooting together...that was some scary stuff. Luckily I play GK's so I had all the space magic on my side. Anyway, the unit was so effective at staying alive and also chewing through every unit that was unfortunate enough to get within 24" of it that I will now take two of these units every time. So here's what I'm thinking:

HQ:
Ordo Malleus Inquisitor - Terminator amor, Psychic power/sword, Psycannon, 3x servo skulls (125pts)
Ordo Malleus Inquisitor - Terminator amor, Psychic power/sword, Psycannon (110pts)

Troops:
10x Terminators - 2x Psycannons, 2x hammers, 4 halberds, 4 swords, psybolt ammo (470pts)
10x Terminators - 2x Psycannons, 2x hammers, 4 halberds, 4 swords, psybolt ammo (470pts)
10x Strike Squad - 2x Psycannons, MC NDH, Psybolt ammo (255pts)

Heavy Support:
Nemesis Dreadknight - heavy incinerator, heavy psycannon, nemesis great sword, personal teleporter (300pts)
Dreadnought - 2x TL autocannons, psybolt ammo (135pts)
Dreadnought - 2x TL autocannons, psybolt ammo (135pts)

Dread knights can challenge now, so that mean old power fist/powerclaw guy that used to take you down in that first combat will no longer be an issue...really if you just play a dk right, they face roll the table. Tell me what you guys think!

Also! there's so much twin linked shooting from the terminators and the psyfledreads that sky fire isn't really that high on my list of priorities...Also I'm converting my inquisitors from termie chaplain models which is reason enough to take em.
Klauzer
Klauzer
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 94
Army : Really Fluffy
Registration date : 2011-09-11

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

6th Edition All Troops (almost) 2k Army of Awesome Empty Re: 6th Edition All Troops (almost) 2k Army of Awesome

Post by Akoni Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:33 am

I love your list. I've been something similiar but now I might consider rearranging my list and incorporate a second OMI. Very Happy
Akoni
Akoni
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 688
Army : Grey Knights
Registration date : 2011-05-17

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

6th Edition All Troops (almost) 2k Army of Awesome Empty Re: 6th Edition All Troops (almost) 2k Army of Awesome

Post by Akoni Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:35 am

Nineteen73 wrote:I love your list. I've been running something similiar but now I might consider rearranging my list and incorporate a second OMI. Very Happy
Akoni
Akoni
Justicar
Justicar

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by bigbri Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:21 am

This list is almost identical to what I'm currently running, that Inquisitor build is one of the highlights of 6th for GKs IMO. The extra psycannon and hammer alone are pretty nifty, but that rerolling power is frankly awesome, especially since some armies have no defence against it at all. The main problem I ran into with this army is target saturation. While it has the firepower to utterly annihilate a couple of units a turn, if your opponent has more than a couple, or they have greater than 30" range you can really suffer.
I'm considering trying that Inq build with some other units. Namely Strike Squads and Purifiers, they offer fantastic shooting while being a bit cheaper to run. I'm also considering dropping one Inq to take Coteaz. mastery lvl 2 and 2 powers for 100pts is a give away.

bigbri
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 712
Army : Grey Knights/Space Wolves/Imperial Guard
Registration date : 2010-08-04

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Akoni Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:37 am

Would you consider running the Inquisitor as a Psychic in power armor with the either the Purifiers, Strike Squad, or Interceptors?

And is it mandatory when upgrading an Inquisitor to a Pyshic, to take a Nemesis Force Sword? Can he still keep his hammer instead?
Akoni
Akoni
Justicar
Justicar

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by bigbri Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:46 am

For power armoured troops I think a power armoured Inq would be better so they can sweep, either Coteaz, or I'm considering a Xenos Inq w/ dual needle pistols, mostly so I can finally use my Cypher mini.
thanks to the FAQ it's no longer mandatory to take the force weapon, it becomes may exchange instead of a must have. I'm also considering picking up Hector Rex at Gamesday if he can swap out his powers he should be pretty sweet, plus the mini is zomgwtfhax gorgeous IMO.

bigbri
Justicar
Justicar

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Klauzer Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:22 pm

I would give purifiers with a xenos inquisitor and grenades a try (4 twin linked psycannons!), but now that everyone and their chapter master does not have an ap2 weapon I'm inclined to take terminators. Since we're such a small army I'd want big blobs of termies that can outlast other units. Keeping a unit tied up with a dread knight will also be a huge help. I'm also still geekin' over the idea of chaplain terminator models converted into Ordo Malleus Inquisitors with psycannons and force weapons.
Klauzer
Klauzer
Henchmen
Henchmen

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Corennus Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:25 am

where do we get twin-linked psycannons from suddenly can I ask?
Corennus
Corennus
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 664
Army : Ex player from 5th ed.
Registration date : 2011-02-11

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by bigbri Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:47 am

Corennus wrote:where do we get twin-linked psycannons from suddenly can I ask?
Technically we don't, but the Prescience psychic power essentially grants the same effect, which is why it's so nasty

bigbri
Justicar
Justicar

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Overlord Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:00 am

I used the Prescience psychic power with Coteaz... Worked amazing. It makes a huge difference especially when you need those 6's.
Overlord
Overlord
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 120
Army : Grey Knights/Chaos SM/Orks/Tyranids
Registration date : 2011-09-14

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Klauzer Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:09 am

I can't believe that its the primaris power...rerolls are the best things you can get really...
Klauzer
Klauzer
Henchmen
Henchmen

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Akoni Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:50 am

Maybe include Justicar Thrawn in there and have him lead (1) Terminator Squad. Make (1) Inquisitor a Power Armor Psyker and exchange the Strike Squad for Purifiers. The you can "twin-link" your (4) psycannons in that squad.
Akoni
Akoni
Justicar
Justicar

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Newtpow Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:09 am

Purifiers dont have relentless psycannons so you have only 2 shot/ cannon. Sucks Razz

MOAR TERMINATORZ !!! Very Happy
Newtpow
Newtpow
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 152
Registration date : 2011-11-23

Back to top Go down

Post by bigbri Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:14 am

Newtpow wrote:Purifiers dont have relentless psycannons so you have only 2 shot/ cannon. Sucks Razz

MOAR TERMINATORZ !!! Very Happy
Relentless is for people who didn't bring enough psycannons to just stand there and mow everything in sight down Very Happy

bigbri
Justicar
Justicar

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by slayer18 Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:38 pm

That looks like a brutal list. I just wish I wasn't 10 termites short of it

slayer18
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 198
Army : Grey Knights-5k, Ravenwing-1k(so far), Tau 2k
Registration date : 2011-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Corennus Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:14 am

Only thing i'd say with list is how are you planning to deploy? deep strike? cause max now is half your army in reserve (my understanding)
Corennus
Corennus
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 664
Army : Ex player from 5th ed.
Registration date : 2011-02-11

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Klauzer Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:47 pm

Alright, I reworked it a bit a dropped the psyfledreads for one venerable psyfledread, and am now bringing stave's on my justicars and and also putting banners in both squads. I figure that Inquisitors suck balls in close combat, but, and correct me if I'm wrong, I can challenge with my justicars in order to keep nasty ap2 weapons at bay with awesome 2++ saves. BTW challenges are pretty much my favorite part of 6th edition. AND DONT FORGET THAT DREADKNIGHTS CAN CHALLENGE!
Klauzer
Klauzer
Henchmen
Henchmen

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by appleunit Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:56 am

get ur OMI to be lvl 1 psker with termi armor and get psycannon with him, OMGFG twin link psycannon:)
appleunit
appleunit
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2012-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by slah Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:26 pm

this list seems pretty solid!

I was wondering why there are 4 sword termi in each squad - aren halberd s considered better allround?

slah
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2011-07-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiberian Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:39 am

It's been up for quite a bit of debate here halberd=+2 initiative sword=+1 invuln in close combat so a terminator has a 4++
Tiberian
Tiberian
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 112
Army : Grey Knights, Tau, Orks
Registration date : 2012-01-16

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiberian Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:49 pm

Check out the Halberd vs. Sword thread in general discussion, 59% of the brothers polled said sword for the added invuln save. Given, this thread is specifically for a grand master but a 4++ invuln on multiple termies in CC can't be ignored. If you're going up against ap2 close combat weapons you keep the swords up front to soak up the ap2 weapon hits while the halberds in the back strike at I6.
Tiberian
Tiberian
Henchmen
Henchmen

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:19 pm

So how are you deploying brother? This strikes me as a slow force with the exception of the NDK of course. what are you doing in regards to play style to counteract this? Sticking close together is probably favorable so that the squads can support each other right?
I kind of picture your force doing the three hundred thing and standing back to back surrounded by enemies.
Constantine
Constantine
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 5819
Army : Grand Master Mordrak's Brotherhood, Deathwing...Pretty much any first company! I LOVE terminators!!!
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiberian Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:26 pm

I like the visual of the 300,
well put.
Tiberian
Tiberian
Henchmen
Henchmen

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down