Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

500pt Doubles Tournament List ideas

2 posters

Go down

500pt Doubles Tournament List ideas Empty 500pt Doubles Tournament List ideas

Post by MaddoX Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:18 pm

Hey guys. So there is a tournament that is coming up that I might enter with a mate (he will be running a chaos army). The points per person is 500pt and there is alot of rules around what you can take. They are
- You have to have 1+ hq and 2+ non hq choices
-You are only aloud 1 HQ
-You can only have 1 non hq unit with more than 2 wounds (how you would fit 2 units that fit all these rules and are have more than 2 wounds beats me?)
-No IC or HQ's with more than 2 wounds
-No MC Sad
-No units with toughness 6 and up
-No units with 2+ saves or equipment that gives 2+ saves'
-No vehicles with total armor walue over 33 (Front + side + back if you didnt know)
-No ordnance weapons
-No special characters

So what i take of this is they want basically troops and not much else. This is annoying for me as my army is primarily terminator based but I can't run them. Has anyone played a game with similar rules and know what works or not. Im looking at maybe a purifier squad, strike squad, some el cheapo hq, a rhino for the purifiers and mayb a vindacare but i see holes in that list. Hopefully you guys can shed some light

MaddoX
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2012-03-31

Back to top Go down

500pt Doubles Tournament List ideas Empty Re: 500pt Doubles Tournament List ideas

Post by MaddoX Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:35 am

ok I have been trying to make a list and with all those rules I have realized something. There is no HQ unit that fits all these rules. They are mostly 2+ saves and the ones that arn't are either IC (a definition of independant character would be nice but im pretty sure they all are) or they are inquisitors which have more than 2 wounds. Also the next question would be if it a independent character if it was joined to a squad from the start?

MaddoX
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Back to top Go down

500pt Doubles Tournament List ideas Empty Re: 500pt Doubles Tournament List ideas

Post by MaddoX Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:40 am

ok I made a mistake it said no special characters but this still creates this overlap

MaddoX
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Back to top Go down

Post by MaddoX Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:42 am

and again I am blind and mis read the rules the first rule should say 1+troop not 1+ hq so it looks like all ill do is not run an hq

MaddoX
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Back to top Go down

Post by first strike Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:38 pm

Just run 2x 10 man strike squads with swords psybolts 2 x psy cannons and mastercraft one psycannon per squad.
first strike
first strike
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Number of posts : 409
Army : Grey Knights, Eldar, Space Wolves, High Elf
Registration date : 2012-02-08

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by MaddoX Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:07 am

ok so this is possibly my final list. Before I put it in I will say that my team mates chaos list will have 2 7 man squads of plauge marines and a 9 man khorne beserker squad in a rhino. The list I am looking at running is

Purifier Squad wt 2x Psycannon, 3x Halberds, Razorback transport - 191pt

Strike Squad wt Psycannon, Razorback Transport - 155pt

Then either and interceptor squad or another strike or purifier squad. What do you guys think will work the best for this list in combination with that chaos list

MaddoX
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down