Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1500 Army Choices

+3
Rivan
Newtpow
Akoni
7 posters

Go down

1500 Army Choices Empty 1500 Army Choices

Post by Akoni Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:33 am

Hail Brothers!

It's been a long time since I've visted this site and am glad to be back in the Emperor's service.

I have a few of lists I've been toying with and my main objective is build a pure GK list that fills as many models as possible. I have intentionally lowered my points spent on an HQ to a maximum of 150. But will consider a GM if Grand Startegy proves useful. In addition, I will mainly using Nemesis Force Swords as my main CC weapon all my units.

I have found that a non-flashy, redundant list has been very effective. And that contrary to what I was intially told over a year ago about Grey Knights. They are an effective shooting army when outfitted with a lot of bodies. And it works to my benefit when surviving the atricious slog across the board in order to obtain close combat assault range.

FIRST LIST

GREY KNIGHTS

Brotherhood Champion

(4) 10-Man Units - Grey Knights (2-Psycannons, 1-DH, Psy Ammo)

(2) Dreadnaughts (2-TLAC and PsyAmmo)

(1) Dreadnaught (2-TLAC)

SECOND LIST

PURIFIER/GREY KNIGHT

Castellan Crowe

(2) 10-Man Units - Purifiers (4-Psycannon, 1-DH, PsyAmmo)

(2) 10-Man Units - Grey Knights (2-Psycannons, 1-DH)

(2) Dreadnaughts (2-TLAC and PsyAmmo)

FIRST LIST
PURIFIER

Castellan Crowe

(3) 10-Man Units - Purifiers (4-Psycannon, 1-DH, PsyAmmo)

(1) 10-Man Units - Purifiers (4-Psycannon, 1-DH)

(1) Dreadnaughts (2-TLAC, PsyAmmo, Extra Armor)

Any thoughts?

Last edited by Nineteen73 on Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:35 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Mistyped)
Akoni
Akoni
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 688
Army : Grey Knights
Registration date : 2011-05-17

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

1500 Army Choices Empty 1499 Points

Post by Akoni Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:41 pm

Good evening brothers. I've been doing a bit of an overhaul with my models.

I currently have:
30 Terminators
50 Grey Knights
3 Rhinos/Razorbacks
4 Dreadnoughts
1 Dreadknight
1 Storm Raven
4 HQs

I'm feeling a strong compulsion to create a a single 1500 point army to battle with for a time. And subsequently, put the remainder of the unused models away until I finish painting the first 1500 points. Of course I'm always tweaking list in my head. So I came up with another pure basic army list that I feel may hold its own. lately I've been fighting marines, Ultra Marines and Chaos , and have not lost a game yet. Though the last game I played was close to the wire. We played a Relic scenario and I literally won by the skin on my teeth right at the start of my turn at the bottom of the 6th. I was just within 6" of my Movement phase to come into base contact with the relic.

Anyhow, I would like you to please give me some advice and your thoughts if this army is well rounded and versatile against out myriad of foes.
Crimson Brotherhood - 1499

HQ
- OMI - terminator armor, psycannon, force sword, 3 servo-skulls, and psychic mastery 1 - divination

TROOPS
- 10 TERMINATORS - 2 psycannons/swords, mc dm hammer, dm hammer, 6 halberds
- 10 TERMINATORS - 2 incinerators/swords, , mc dm hammer, dm hammer, 6 halberds

ELITES
- 10 PURIFIERS - 4 psycannons, mc dm hammer, 5 halberds

HVY SPPT
- 10 - PURGATION- 4 incinerators, mc dm hammer, 5 halberds

Last edited by Nineteen73 on Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:50 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : formatting)
Akoni
Akoni
Justicar
Justicar

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

1500 Army Choices Empty Re: 1500 Army Choices

Post by Akoni Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:39 pm

Just another list that I'm going to test out tomorrow night at my local game store.

Maybe I could get some response from somebody????

GREY KNIGHTS – 1500

CRIMSON KNIGHTS

HQ

OMI
terminator armor
psyker mastery 1 (divination)
psycannon
hammer
(3) servo skulls

TROOPS

10X - Strike Squad
swords
(2) psycannons

10X - Strike Squad
swords
(2) psycannons

10X – Terminators
(2) incinerators (swords)
(3) daemon hammers
(5) halberds

HEAVY SUPPORT

10X – Purgation
(4) imcinerators
(1) daemon hammer
(5) halberds

2X – Dreadnoughts
(2) tlac autocannons
psybolt ammunition
(1) searchlight for (1) dreanought
Akoni
Akoni
Justicar
Justicar

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Newtpow Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:32 pm

Well you have enoguh bodys.. Smile

I d lose one Dread + Purgation squad and add a DK. Dont like the Purgators without Transport. Not very scary in CC too.
Newtpow
Newtpow
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 152
Registration date : 2011-11-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Akoni Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:21 pm

That's a great idea. I should enough points to deck my DK with heavy incinerator/heavy psycannon plus a personal teleporter. With the left over points I could either include one more OMI w/power armor, psyker master 1, and (1) servo skull and in addition grant each justicar a master crafted weapon. OR pass on the OMI and grant each unit psybolt ammo and master crafted weapon along with (1) searchlight.

What would you do?

Thanks for the advice!
Akoni
Akoni
Justicar
Justicar

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Newtpow Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:06 pm

I like psyammo alot so i d say go for that but its controversial for GKSS. Smile
Newtpow
Newtpow
Henchmen
Henchmen

Back to top Go down

Post by Rivan Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:08 pm

I would also go for psyammo for your 10-man squads. Well worth it. Can even glance AV11 vehicles.
Rivan
Rivan
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 4404
Army : Grey Knights 7th Brotherhood, Salamanders
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Klauzer Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:37 pm

My favorite unit is the 10x termie unit with psycannons and psybolt. Put your OMI in that unit with the divination primaris power (prescience) and you have a unit that can shoot almost anything off the table. I'm going to be running two of those since just one was able to survive 6 nightsythes, and 3 doomsythes for 3 turns of shooting!

I like the dreadknight so very very much because he can challenge now. I was losing my dreadknight to power claws a lot, but now I can take that claw, or some other nasty weapon, out of the picture with challenges! I take my dread loaded out at 300 points with incinerator, psycannon, sword, and teleporter. There hasn't been one person who didn't go pale when it shunted up to their rear unit on an objective

The power armor squads have very nasty shooting ability like the terminator unit, but they get wiped off the table to fast. I take one that I can hold in reserve until turn 4/5 and drop them in on an objective, or try to shoot am enemy unit off of one instead. I guess if you have enough of them on the table...like 4 units of em...then it would be effective.

I've never liked purgation units unless you bring a teleport homer and sit them on a rear objective or something. I was thinking though that you could take a small unit with 4 psycannons and put them behind an aegis defense line with the quad gun turret, which would be something like 285 points. Drop all of that around an objective and deep strike something in if things get rough.

lastly, I saw in you first list in your first post that you were considering a psyfledread without the psybolt ammo...theres really no point in taking one without psybolt. Anyway, I hope this helps!
Klauzer
Klauzer
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 94
Army : Really Fluffy
Registration date : 2011-09-11

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Newtpow Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:23 pm

Klauzer wrote:My favorite unit is the 10x termie unit with psycannons and psybolt. Put your OMI in that unit with the divination primaris power (prescience) and you have a unit that can shoot almost anything off the table. I'm going to be running two of those since just one was able to survive 6 nightsythes, and 3 doomsythes for 3 turns of shooting!

I like the dreadknight so very very much because he can challenge now. I was losing my dreadknight to power claws a lot, but now I can take that claw, or some other nasty weapon, out of the picture with challenges! I take my dread loaded out at 300 points with incinerator, psycannon, sword, and teleporter. There hasn't been one person who didn't go pale when it shunted up to their rear unit on an objective

I m thinking about a 1500 list with this.

2*OMI - termi,psycannon,psyker
2*10 Terminators - Psycannons,psyammo
1* DK - flamer, PT
5 GKSS (DS later for objectives)

But dunno if thats enough for 1500 Razz

@ topic: U see, everyone likes psyammo Twisted Evil
Newtpow
Newtpow
Henchmen
Henchmen

Back to top Go down

Post by Akoni Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:40 am

Hail Battle Brothers!

So I wanted to share a list I used last night against a Space Wolf retinue over at my local gamestore. It went really well last night. My opponent and I played The Scouring with a Hammer and Anvil deployment.

HQ
OMI - psyker 1 (prescience)
terminator armor
sword/psycannon
(3) servo skulls

TROOPS

(10) GKSS - swords
(2) psilencers

(10) GKSS - swords
(2) psycannons

(10) Terminators - (3) daemon hammers
(2) swords/psycannons
(5) halberds

HEAVY SUPPORT
DreadKinght - heavy incinerator

(2) Dreadnought - (2) tlac autocannons (psybolt ammunition)
(1) searchlight

I deployed my (2) dreadnoughts and combat squaded one-unit of GKSS w/psilnecers onto the field and held everyone else in reserved until second turn where I deepstriked all but my HQ, who subsequently deepstrike with the terminators on 3rd turn.

Between the heavy support and successful deepstriking I decimated every Space Wolf model.

Interestingly, my opponent could won by 6th Turn as he had held (2) objectives within 12" of each other for a total of 7-points with ONLY (3) models left!. But as the dice roll would have it we continued though all the way to 7th turn and I won by anihilation.
Akoni
Akoni
Justicar
Justicar

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by flaxis Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:26 am

Brother Nineteen73,

I am not sure if you are aware, but you don't have to take the force sword on the OMI you can keep the hammer if you want. I believe it is in the FAQ.

Why do you use Psilencers- would Psycannons not be better? I would miss the PT on the NDK myself - love having mine move at 12"

Congrats on the win.

Brother Flaxis

flaxis
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2011-11-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Akoni Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:30 am

So let me edit a few typos...

DK had a PT and the psilencers vs psycannons is all about not having 20-points to wiggle out of not scarificing potentially another dreadnought or something else; so a (1) vanilla GKSS was the way to go to get some bodies. LOL

Thanks for the observation! Very Happy
Akoni
Akoni
Justicar
Justicar

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Akoni Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:05 am

Hello Brothers!

I've reworked another angle for my Grey Knights army list and wanted to hear some feedback from you guys as to your thoughts and critiques.

Grey Knights 1500

HQ
IMO
- Psyker Mastery 1 (Divination - Prescience)
- Power Armor

ELITES
Vindicare Assassin

(7) Purifiers
- (2) Incinerators
- Nemesis Daemon Hammer
- (4) Nemesis Force Halberds

TROOPS
2X (10) Grey Knights Strike Squads
- Swords
- (2) Psycannons

2X Razorbacks (Dedicated Transports)
- Twin-linked Assault Cannons
- Psybolt Ammunition
- Searchlight

FAST ATTACK
Stormraven Gunship (Purifier Transport)
- Psybolt Ammunition

HEAVY SUPPORT
2X Dreadnaughts
- (2) Twin-linked Autocannons
- Psybolt Ammuntion
- Searchlight

The primary focus of this this is against Tyranids, especially with a focus on those Psykers whom gain up to 9-strength and 9-toughness from Biomancy-Iron Arm, like the Swarmlord and Tervigon , and also to take down the nasty and incredible Zoanthrope swiftly.

I'm open to further suggestions how to combat the 'Nids.

Akoni
Akoni
Justicar
Justicar

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Akoni Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:46 pm

I'm beginning to think I'm on the Emporer's blacklist. Have I done something in previous posts to offend anyone?
Akoni
Akoni
Justicar
Justicar

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiger10 Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:33 am

I feel the same way sometimes, but i'm not to experianced in this kind of list so i'm not much help.

At 1500pts I like to have a hardier HQ for challanges, though not shore if you could get one. Very Happy

Then again, I do like your dreadknight list. Very Happy
Tiger10
Tiger10
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 197
Army : Grey Knights, Tiger Warriors Space Marines, 14th Elysian
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by bigbri Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:35 am

That last list looks fairly solid, the only thing I don't like is the assault cannon razorbacks. They're very short range, and if you're that close the nids are gonna wreck them in short order. I'd consider either switching them to HB's+ psybolts, or even dropping them and taking a purgation squad with psycannons.

bigbri
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 712
Army : Grey Knights/Space Wolves/Imperial Guard
Registration date : 2010-08-04

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Akoni Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:18 am

Thanks Tiger10. My biggest challenge to date is gainst the Tyranids. I've lost horrible with (3) differrent Nids players in less than a couple of weeks. At 1500-points its hard to come up with a durable list Razz
Akoni
Akoni
Justicar
Justicar

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by flaxis Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:06 am

Brother Nineteen73,

What are the Nid players using?

Brother Flaxis

flaxis
Henchmen
Henchmen

Back to top Go down

Post by Akoni Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:51 am

Hello Brother Flaxis! Well after (4) games against (3) different players, and forgive me for not remembering the names of the models exactly (LOL), but in there list they've primarily have Swarmlords, Tervigons( pooping out many many many Termagants; 72-total to date by Turn 4); of which usually benefit from Iron Arm, Endurance, and Enfeeble. Also these lists have Trygons, Zoanthropes, and Hive Guard.

I am the fisrt to admit that my army lists our way too linear and potentially lack a theme and synergy.

Last nights game was a 1850-point game with included the following:

Draigo + 10 Paldins {apothecary(stave), 4-psycannons(swords) , psybolt ammo, 4-hammers, 1-halberd} who never made it out of reserves! LOL

20 GKSS with all swords and (4)psycannons plus psybolt ammo; one unit had a IMO with terminator armor, a psycannon and Prescience.

Lastly, I had a Dreadknight with only a heavy incinerator.

Since I had all but troop choices save the Dreadknight, I rolled grand Strategy, rolled a 5, and opted for Hammer of Righteousness for the Paladins and Strike Squad. Needless to say without the Draigo-wing ever coming on the board I lasted till the top of Turn 4 till I was "Tabled".

I'm not upset, becuase as a someone who surfs, you need to take it on the head till you get better and better.

I was seriously, at 1850-points I was thinking of utilizing a (3) DKs witha Draigo-wing.

The Dreadnaughts don't do much against Iron Arm models because +2 armor saves do refute my wounds often. I was thinking that Heavy psycannons and kiting with the DKs would be a better strategy becuase Nids crowd and castle there HQs and Elites.

But I'm open to all and every suggestion! Razz
Akoni
Akoni
Justicar
Justicar

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by flaxis Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:29 am

Brother Nineteen73,

I would forgo the idea of reserving at all you want to get those units on the board and killing things asap. I never reserve anything, (unless it has to). I know that this means those terminators are footslogging, but just keep pushing forward with them until you get to the mid field. Why were you reserving?

I do not know what models you have but perhaps you could try 2 units of 10 terminators - instead of Draigo and paladins, they are great and all but draigo is a huge points sink, and the cost of paladins sucks. Get your OMI in with the terminators also that reroll is stronger with them. (maybe get a second one.)

Have a look at the 1750 lists I put up recently and see if you can do those?

I manily have the dreadnoughts in for anti-air, but if you know your oppenent is not using flyers, then go with 2x NDK's and make sure they have Personal Teleporters, that 12" jump will threaten those spawners. The key is to get in there and beat them up. Strength 10 vrs T6+ is a fair bet, plus as a monstorus creature your AP2 so no save.

I hope that helps.

Brother Flaxis

flaxis
Henchmen
Henchmen

Back to top Go down

Post by Akoni Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:44 am

Thanks Brother Flaxis! I will lookinto the list you've posted. I appreciate the advice.
Akoni
Akoni
Justicar
Justicar

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content