Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

600 point GW Saturday list

Go down

600 point GW Saturday list Empty 600 point GW Saturday list

Post by Tombomb7 Mon May 28, 2012 9:59 am

Ordo Xenos Inquisitor (Power Armour, Power Sword, Bolt Pistol, Psycostroke Grenades)
GK Strike Squads x2 (x5 man, 1 Psycannon) (x5 man, 1 Psycannon)
Dreadknight (Heavy Incinerator)
Dreadnought (x2TL AutoCannons, Psybolt Ammo)

Vs Necrons (Battlebarge(?), Tesla Weapon, 2 Tesla warrior squads x10 men in each, lord with resurection orb and warscyth)

2x2 playing area, so was small.
Was against s store staff member, force hadn't been whipped as it was before.
Dreadnought easily dealt with the battlebarge thing once it shrugged off it's attacks (thank you fortitude).

Pros:
+ Dreadknight (particularly on a small table) was simple awesome and I have him to thank for the win.
+ Inquisitor is such a cheap HQ and imo for low points games more worth it than a brotherhood champion.

Cons:
- The two strike squads were again pretty useless for me and were wiped out pretty easily.
- Inquisitor lacked killing power in close combat.
- Was over reliant on the Dreadknight.

Things I learned:
- I need to use striker squads better. I should have moved them forward so they could get into CC with power weapons, necron tesla weapons decimated them. I am now wondering about the trade off of the psycannons ability to shoot against moving the squad, currently I remain stationary to shoot.
- The dreadknight saved the day, I threw him into CC with the lords squad and although reduced to 1 wounds after both necrons squads and the lord attacked him over 3/4 turns I would have lost easily without him.
- I forgot to use the psycostroke grenades.
- I should have moved the dreadnought forward and out of cover once I'd destroyer the necron vehicle. That way it could have been in CC a turn earlier.
- Don't be afraid to advance more, Grey knight squads have power weapons and would have been more effective in CC with those necrons where they can't use their potent tesla guns.
- Necron shooting is powerful in numbers especially that tesla weapon.
- Focus fire on a squad of necrons so they can't ressurect instead of firing at both squads.
- Kill the necron lord first, he's got the dangerous weapon, and the orb.

I did win 4-2 on kill points since both his necron squads ran away by the final turn and the lord had been killed. I was left with my HQ, dreadknight on 1 wound (had to make 3 saves to keep him up) and the dreadnought.

Thanks for reading, and comments are welcome Smile

Tombomb7
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2012-04-25

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down