Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2500 pts

5 posters

Go down

2500 pts Empty 2500 pts

Post by nap_mate Sat May 24, 2008 4:42 am

Hey all, im new to the forum, so...hi!

I am starting with GKs, and I've come up with a 2500 pts list to have as aim and im nearly done in getting the models, but I need opinions and suggestions! Also if anyone is selling PAGK or dreadnoughts contact me at nap_mate@ hotmail.com

Anyway, here it goes:

----------
x1 Grand-master with x1 psycannon 145 + 30
Holocaust 20
Teleport homer 10
Icon of the just 25
x4 Terminator retinue, with x1 psycannon 184 + 30
----------
x3 GKT with x1 psycannon 184 + 30
and x1 Bro-cap 61
x3 GKT with x1 psycannon 184 + 30
and x1 Bro-cap 61
----------
x4 PAGK with x2 psycannon 100 + 50
and x1 Justicar 50
x4 PAGK with x2 psycannon 100 + 50
and x1 Justicar 50
----------
x7 FAGK 200
and x1 Justicar 50
x7 FAGK 200
and x1 Justicar 50
----------
x3 Dreadnought 80
TLLC 50
ML 10
x1 Land Raider 250
Extra armour 5
Smoke launchers 3

Sums up to 2482 pts

Yeah I know the 4 man termi squads look wierd, but hey I've got 12 termis and I wanted to make use of them but 1 big squad didnt look good, but maybe im wrong. Same with the PAGK, maybe il pump them up to 7 men in the future.

Well, maybe the 3 dreadnoughts and land raider are excessive: i would wanna try getting rid of the LR and pumping the grey knights squads, as im not gonna use transports anyway really.

I thought of the old DS tactic with the HQ squad as beacon and then the termis and FAGK flying behind with the homer obviously, and the psycannons purging with the dreads from behind, same thing I've been seeing with other GK players some times.

Well, up for suggestions. I wanna start playing this list this summer, and il post results and modifications as I go.

Thanks!

Last edited by nap_mate on Sun May 25, 2008 12:29 pm; edited 2 times in total
nap_mate
nap_mate
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-05-23

Back to top Go down

2500 pts Empty Re: 2500 pts

Post by NemesisForce Sat May 24, 2008 9:37 am

Hello and welcome. With the amount of models you have/will have you'll be able to mix the units around to experiment enough to finally suit your play style. I'd definitely find a way to bump up the numbers in your PAGK. Not to sure though about taking Holocaust as many times as you did. Usually after a round of combat there's not a lot of the enemy left near enough to my GM to justify the points in taking it.
NemesisForce
NemesisForce
Inquisitor
Inquisitor

Number of posts : 1945
Army : Grey Knight, Black Templar, Chaos Space Marine, Tau Empire
Registration date : 2008-02-07

Back to top Go down

Post by nap_mate Sun May 25, 2008 6:21 am

so true...I didnt realise I had it that many times.

It has been pretty useful sometimes, and my GKT just wont be that close to the GM to benefit from it so I thought their own might be useful, But if the homer is succesful then with the GM half the guys will be dead on the first sweep of the GM so yeah, il change that, cheers!

Btw, any suggestions in including Inq stormtroopers? I dont have any models but I've seen them in many armies and wanted to know if they are worth it.
nap_mate
nap_mate
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Brother-Captain Validi Sun May 25, 2008 12:36 pm

Plasma and Meltaguns are what I would get (more) Inquisitorial Stormtroopers for, as Grey Knights don't have any non-vehicle mounted weaponry which can go through Terminator and Powered Armour, and that can really make a difference. For example (which is extremly specific), if your Grand Master has lost his retinue and is about to charge a 10 man squad of Chaos Terminators along with a squad of 5 PAGK (who are assaulting from a different side) and you just happen to have a squad of 10 Inquisitorial Stormtroopers nearby, you may have wanted a couple of plasma guns in that Troopers Squad (I know I did. Sad ) but instead have a Grenade Launcher and a Flamer (Curse you Cadia!!! Give me Stormtroopers with usefull weapons!!!! Mad )

It can happen and it does happen.
Brother-Captain Validi
Brother-Captain Validi
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Number of posts : 271
Location : Lost in the Warp. Strange, it looks just like Scotland...
Army : Daemonhunters, Space Wolves, 13th Company Space Wolves, Legion of the Damned
Registration date : 2007-10-27

Back to top Go down

Post by nap_mate Mon May 26, 2008 12:18 pm

hm, well i could use the las cannons for those cursed termis (those which i dont control of course Razz).
Anyway im not going to try this actual list yet, i still dont have enough dreads or LR, so im working on a 1000 - 1500 list right now which i will try soon.
Is Coteaz or Stern any good as HQ? or are they more for specific situations? I find stern a bit useless as a GM outpowers him in many aspects and stern is too expensive to be used like a BC. Coteaz would look great with a term retinue... what about a henchmen retinue full of combat servitors, acolytes and such to charge in a LR? just an idea...

Anyway, thanks for replies, il post results soon.
nap_mate
nap_mate
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Brother-Captain Validi Mon May 26, 2008 2:35 pm

You'll probably be using your lascannons on enemy vehicles (one of our only high strength long range weapons) if you don't have another plan for smashing them up. You could also use IST as a suicide Meltagun squad in a Rhino/Chimera. My IST have usually been dependable if they are supported by heavier units, or if they are supporting an advance or holding a flank. If they work on their own, or have to hold out for a long time, they won't last long, so I try to use them aggresively. For the truely evil though, you can use them as cannon fodder.

I don't have any experiance with the Special Characters, but I would take Coteaz over Stern because of his higher strength than regular Inquisitors, and his expanded Retinue. Sterns abilities may be useful however, and his NFW counting as a Force Weapon can help kill multi wounds. It's also helpfull to have Stern because you can still take a Grand Master (effetivly having two Grand Masters, albeit one with 3 attacks)
Brother-Captain Validi
Brother-Captain Validi
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Number of posts : 271
Location : Lost in the Warp. Strange, it looks just like Scotland...
Army : Daemonhunters, Space Wolves, 13th Company Space Wolves, Legion of the Damned
Registration date : 2007-10-27

Back to top Go down

Post by jester Thu May 29, 2008 1:58 am

Inq stormtroopers are pretty good..... i prefer to run just pure grey knights, but against armies with lots of good armour saves or high toughness they can come in handy supporting your pagk!!!! i have two five man squads with a plasma and melta in each. although like Brother-Captain Validi said if you dont look after them they can get totaled real quick, but i suppose id rather them fire at the troopers than my knights!!!!!!!!!!
jester
jester
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2008-05-24

Back to top Go down

Post by nap_mate Sat May 31, 2008 2:41 pm

would one 10 man meltagun squad in a rhino be enough for 2500 pts? i would then have one 6 or 7 man PAGK as troops and get some termis off to balance the points...
im definately either dropping the land raider for more men and 1 dread or dropping the dreads for another LR...*thinking*

thanks for replies!
nap_mate
nap_mate
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Back to top Go down

Post by HOBO Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:54 pm

As it stands you have 4 HS slots, so you need to drop 1 anyway, so if it's the LR you have a lot of points to play with.

There's nothing excessive about ANY unit to do with DH/GK (imo),
so 3 Dreads or even 3 LR's is fine, although having 3 LR's will mean you have a lot fewer GK's on the field.

Other than the 4th HS slot your list is fine....not exactly how I do mine but 'what the hey'......
HOBO
HOBO
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2008-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down