Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Inquisitorial Henchman 1750 point Tournament List

4 posters

Go down

Inquisitorial Henchman 1750 point Tournament List   Empty Inquisitorial Henchman 1750 point Tournament List

Post by madbakery Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:48 am

So once again I am planning for a 1750 point tournament.

I am going to use a Inquisitorial list as the tittle suggests. Before I get to the list I'd like to share my thoughts on playing this type of list at tournaments, as I played with a very similar list last year!

First off, in my experience this type of list is very fun to play with and from the feedback I have got it seems to be fun to play against as well. Its not very common and so alot of people have not played or are not familiar with the tactics of these types of lists (which works to your advantage most of the time). So some of the positives of using a henchman list are
-The wide variety of units available
-the relative low points cost of units
-almost your whole army is troops
But I have also found some negatives about using such lists
-The whole army is T 3
-You have a Billion Kill Points
-most of your units work best with a single purpose (either shooty or assalty)
So to sum up my ramblings This list (and ones like it) are fun and semi competitive but you have to work very hard to win tournaments with them!

The list

HQ- Coteaz

HQ-Inquisitor xenos
Needle pistol, rad and psyketroke grenades
two servo skulls

Troops- Henchmen
jokaero
3 multi-melta servitors
chimera
Dozers
Five warriors with hot shots and carapace

Troops- Henchmen
jokaero
Three warrior with carapace and melta gun
Chimera
Dozers

Troops- Henchmen
jokaero
3 plasma gun warriors with carapace
Servitor
Chimera
Dozers

Troops-Six psykers
Rhino

Troops-Six psykers
Rhino

Troops-Henchmen
5 Death cult assasins
4 crusaders

Fast attack- Storm Raven

Heavy support-dreadnought
Autocannon
Extra autocannon
Psybolt ammo

Autocannon
Extra autocannon
Psybolt ammo

Autocannon
Extra autocannon
Psybolt ammo

Total-1749points

As always comments welcome

Inquisitorial Henchman 1750 point Tournament List   4677929f

Last edited by madbakery on Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:14 am; edited 1 time in total
madbakery
madbakery
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 200
Army : Knights, Orks, Blood Angels
Registration date : 2010-10-04

Grey knight
stats:

http://monkeychow_forthemonkeys@hotmail.com

Back to top Go down

Inquisitorial Henchman 1750 point Tournament List   Empty Re: Inquisitorial Henchman 1750 point Tournament List

Post by stormknight Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:38 am

I love your display case it's awesome Smile

Do you find a problem with leadership aswell?

First of all I would swap the Needle Pistol for a Plasma Pistol. I'd also consider a Pyschic Communion to help your Stormraven or some servo-skulls for all your blast templates/deepstrike or both.

As for your henchmen I would probably add a pysker to every squad which can shoot. A strength 3 pie plate is going to make it's points back easily most games.

I would also use 2 Jokaero in each unit to open up the option of using the lascannon more. The extra Flame template will help too.

- good luck inquisitor Smile
stormknight
stormknight
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Number of posts : 331
Army : Grey Knights
Registration date : 2010-09-03

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Inquisitorial Henchman 1750 point Tournament List   Empty Re: Inquisitorial Henchman 1750 point Tournament List

Post by madbakery Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:04 am

stormknight wrote:I love your display case it's awesome Smile

Do you find a problem with leadership aswell?

First of all I would swap the Needle Pistol for a Plasma Pistol. I'd also consider a Pyschic Communion to help your Stormraven or some servo-skulls for all your blast templates/deepstrike or both.

As for your henchmen I would probably add a pysker to every squad which can shoot. A strength 3 pie plate is going to make it's points back easily most games.

I would also use 2 Jokaero in each unit to open up the option of using the lascannon more. The extra Flame template will help too.

- good luck inquisitor Smile

Thanks for the comments

To answer some of your questions, I only find leadership a problem when facing Imperial guard psykers (I hate that negative leadership power). The fact that my inquisitor are stubborn LD10 makes up for everything else sucking and if a squad has lost enough models to take a LD check its probably going to die very soon anyway.

In regards to swapping the needle pistol out for plasma I'm not sure on your logic there? I only gain a negative effect as the needle pistol has the same range is ap 2 and wound on a 2+, where as the plasma dose the same only if I roll a 1 and don't make my 4+ save I DIE affraid .

Also I agree with you that a single psyker would make back his points very quickly but as I mentioned in my first post Henchmen squads work best when they work for a single roll. If I put a psyker In say one of my melta gun or plasma gun squads what ever the psyker targets the whole squad must follow suit and target as well. I'm not saying Its a bad strategy, It just seems to me like the different characters do not have synergy.

About the jokero, I know that with 2 you cant fail but just look at what you can get with the extra 35 points (three multi-melta servitors and a warrior for example). I think the risk of rolling a one is worth the 35 point trade off.

And lastly the best and very obvious use of my spare 7 points...... Servo skulls. :face palm: How did I miss that, thank you for pointing it out!
madbakery
madbakery
Henchmen
Henchmen

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Souba Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:06 am

you dont die if you get a 1 on the to hit roll with the plasma pistol. you only lose 1 wound. both weapons have the same to wound score against mech and even T5 opponents, both have AP2. the plasmapistol however is able to damage or even destroy vehicles if you for the instance got no other enemy to shoot/assault at. a 12" range plasmashot can help pretty nicely

for the jokaero, dont forget that you not only trade off 35 pts for the +1 in the roll. you also get another lascannon/multimelta/heavy flamer. especially with 2 jokaero you will most of the time hit at least once with the lascannon shots wich can become pretty reliable at that point.
Souba
Souba
Brother Captain
Brother Captain

Number of posts : 1602
Army : Inquisitorial Army, Necrons, Dark Eldar, Daemons of Chaos
Registration date : 2009-11-07

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by madbakery Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:59 am

Souba wrote:you dont die if you get a 1 on the to hit roll with the plasma pistol. you only lose 1 wound. both weapons have the same to wound score against mech and even T5 opponents, both have AP2. the plasmapistol however is able to damage or even destroy vehicles if you for the instance got no other enemy to shoot/assault at. a 12" range plasmashot can help pretty nicely

for the jokaero, dont forget that you not only trade off 35 pts for the +1 in the roll. you also get another lascannon/multimelta/heavy flamer. especially with 2 jokaero you will most of the time hit at least once with the lascannon shots wich can become pretty reliable at that point.

Well thats good news about not dying instantly, but I stand by my needle pistol (how often do you kill a tank with a plasma pistol, you will much more likely kill yourself((I would love to see the mathhammer on that))! also I agree that two jokaero are better than one but again for this list I would need 3 extra, which is 105 extra points. I could probably find the points for them but I keep thinking what I could get for that (six psykers and a rhino Very Happy )
madbakery
madbakery
Henchmen
Henchmen

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aubec le noir Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:33 am

i like your full humans deamonhunters' list... i'm intending to try one myself someday ... but it's a little hard and costy to find all the models you need ! Razz
Aubec pirat
Aubec le noir
Aubec le noir
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 3745
Army : 40K : GK (curious isn't it ;-) ) WHB : Dwarfs, Ogres, Mercs
Registration date : 2009-11-01

Grey knight
stats:

http://lacompagniephoenix.bb-fr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by madbakery Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:31 am

Yea, most of the models in this army are metal!

madbakery
madbakery
Henchmen
Henchmen

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aubec le noir Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:02 am

i'm a metal fan, brother.
i only have metal models in all my armies (including the GKs and my very very big dwarf army) except for some vehicles, but even for them i always try to put some metal details ! Razz
so i bought 8 crusaders and 12 DCA in the GW online store before they turn to "failedcast" models ! Wink
though i'm not so fanatic with the resin models ... i buy some, sometimes ... but the plastic .... Never ! Mad Mad Wink
Aubec pirat
Aubec le noir
Aubec le noir
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 3745
Army : 40K : GK (curious isn't it ;-) ) WHB : Dwarfs, Ogres, Mercs
Registration date : 2009-11-01

Grey knight
stats:

http://lacompagniephoenix.bb-fr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down