Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1500pt landrader spam

+3
Constantine
stormknight
aces51high
7 posters

Go down

1500pt landrader spam Empty 1500pt landrader spam

Post by aces51high Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:56 am

Im was thinking of something diffrent going with a land raider spam for a change.

HQ:
Librarian-160pts
w/ Might of Titan and The Shrouding

Troops:
5x Terminators
1x Justicare w/ deamon hammer master crafted- 205pts

7x Grey Knights w/ 1 psycannon
1x Justicare w/ deamon hammer master crafted- 185pts

7x Grey knights w/1 psycannon
1x Justicare w/ deamon hammer master crafted- 185 pts

Heavy Support:
3x Land Raiders- 765pts

Pretty much everyone gets in a land raider and rolls up, the Librarian goes with the Terminators. Landraiders take out mech and the Gk's take out infintry. The terminators are to cause a distraction and keep units locked in cc. Im not actually sure if this list would work what do you think? It would be run in an annihilation game mode as well.

Last edited by aces51high on Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:31 am; edited 2 times in total

aces51high
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2011-07-20

Back to top Go down

1500pt landrader spam Empty Re: 1500pt landrader spam

Post by stormknight Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:38 am

You may want to add some servo-skulls and some pyschic powers to your librarian.
stormknight
stormknight
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Number of posts : 331
Army : Grey Knights
Registration date : 2010-09-03

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:31 am

I agree that some powers for the Librarian would be a great idea. Some of his powers could complement this list nicely.
Constantine
Constantine
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 5819
Army : Grand Master Mordrak's Brotherhood, Deathwing...Pretty much any first company! I LOVE terminators!!!
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rivan Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:01 am

Definitely would be a fun list to play although probably not in a tourney setting. An abundance of lance and/or melta weapons can make it a very bad day for you.
Rivan
Rivan
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 4404
Army : Grey Knights 7th Brotherhood, Salamanders
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by MJSwasey Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:17 am

It can be effective in tournaments (see my Nova Open threads) but it requires a very specific playstyle. What kind of land raiders are you using? Land raiders that run up to the enemy are great for delivering troops but die quickly. Regular land raiders can sit back out of melta and shoot everyone, then as soon as melta gets close (but before it's actually in melta range) you can dart forward, unload, and kill the melta. But a regular LR can't fit your termies+hq.

Regardless, i think this multiraider list needs a psyfleman to be effective. Consider cutting some models to squeeze one in, and always block LOS to it with all your massive LR, so it can only see/be seen by it's target!

regardless of what you do, the librarian NEEDS shrouding and probably MoT. 3+ cover land radiers at range are nigh impossible to kill!

MJSwasey
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 927
Registration date : 2009-08-08

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sai Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:21 pm

I think the combination of Grey Knights and regular Landraiders would probably work really well against conventional forces. Both the tanks and infantry can advance or retreat 6" a turn keeping the enemy at just under 24" where your guys can outshoot most opposition. The landraiders will still be pumping out las-cannon shots into transports and tanks while the knights pour firepower into any infantry. If there's a danger of melta you can keep your knights 5 1/2 inches in front of your armour and if battlecannons loom the raiders can shield the infantry. You've even got warpquake to keep deepstriking melta away.

Once the enemy is thinned out you can mount up and go grab objectives/assault the remnants.

Eldar, particularly dark eldar, could be a pain though.
Scarabs are going to be nasty but las-cannons and stormbolters should take care of them before they reach you.
Sai
Sai
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 754
Registration date : 2010-12-04

Back to top Go down

Post by NemesisForce Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:37 pm

Ah, looks like the old-school tri-Raider list. More viable now since we can pack more models into the list. If you have the Raiders already or can proxy give it a try.
NemesisForce
NemesisForce
Inquisitor
Inquisitor

Number of posts : 1945
Army : Grey Knight, Black Templar, Chaos Space Marine, Tau Empire
Registration date : 2008-02-07

Back to top Go down

Post by aces51high Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:20 am

I\'ve changed the list around a bit, do you guys think i should take out the termies and put more gk's in?

aces51high
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Back to top Go down

Post by MJSwasey Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:06 am

No. You need some close combat punch in a list like this, to prevent an enemy from just swarming close to you and getting those melta/cc weapons in range. Something that makes them sit at a distance, where your armor 14 and lascannons work the best. Regular GK fold to dedicated combat squads, but a terminator squad still strikes some fear into opponents and prevents them from blindly charging in with those grey hunters or blood angles assault squads with melta. Well, prevents most people (the really good players will just bring everything in range at once and far enough apart where multi assaulting would be hard, but those players are few and far between besides major tournaments)

If you're looking for advice against good players running at least decent lists, dont rush in with this list except against a few armies (tau, special builds of others) most armies can easily shoot down 5 terminators, and a lot have CC squads capable of killing GK. You're spending a lot of points for the dual lascannons and the armor 14, which will be wasted when you rush into melta range and get troops out for the opponent to kill easier. If you're just playing locally in casual games, this list will indeed win a few, though some people may give you funny looks for bringing three landraiders to a friendly game.

The librarian still can't fit in a regular LR with terminators, btw.

You'll also have to let us know how the psycannons work out for you. I'm a bit concerned that since you have <20 infantry models total, any time they try to sit in a firing position they opponent will hit them with every gun in the army and your 7 man squad may die, but i could be wrong there if you have VERY careful positioning. But at the very least, i think you'll have very few turns you arent moving, so you're limited to 2 shots a piece.

If you're considering different options, 2 squads of terminators and one min squad of GK is a solid option, as are incinerators for your lack of anti horde, or taking the Special Inquistor who makes henchmen troops. Him +2-3 henchmen squads are cheaper than your GK and fire better, and score for cheaper, but die easier and have less CC punch unless you bring DCA.

If you'd like more of my thoughts on the Tri-raider archtype post matt ward, I've got some of them in my Nova Open info, but i've played it a bunch in all different setting and am thinking of throwing something into the tactica section soon. So Im very interested to hear your bat reps with whatever list you end up playing, as i play a certain way and may think other ways aren't as good because i dont use them well, when in reality they are good in the hands of a player that plays a certain way.

So many people post up lists, but never post batreps. its a shame, really.

MJSwasey
Justicar
Justicar

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by aces51high Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:07 am

Hey man thanks for the advice, what is this Nova Open im a bit lost sorry haha?

I was thinking maybe drop 1 landraider and replace it with a dreadknight but that is not what i was trying to see via this list.

Typically im versing a eldar, blood angels (my girl friends uber bad list :/) and a tau list. But i shall deffinetly post a batrep and see how this one turns out.

aces51high
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Back to top Go down

Post by MJSwasey Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:47 am

Nova Open is a big 256 person tournament that is one of the most competitive 40k tournaments you'll find. I took a similar list to it (3 LR, 1 termie squad 1 gk squad 2 dreads rhino libby) and did ok for myself there, and had a lot of lessons learned. I just looked back and my bat reps are not that great (https://greyknights.forumotion.com/t2382-nova-open#40626) and i dont summarize well ( I was tired at the time) but I did beat most of the popular archtypes out there (battlewagon orks, crowe+purifier spam, Henchmen spam, IG, Dark Eldar). I'll have to re summarize it later.

MJSwasey
Justicar
Justicar

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down