Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1k Pts of FOC free Fun

5 posters

Go down

1k Pts of FOC free Fun Empty 1k Pts of FOC free Fun

Post by bigbri Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:30 pm

So my store runs a 1kpt battle each week, where you can get a bonus for having that weeks themed unit(but the bonuses suck so I'm not bothering) Basically it starts out with a bunch of 1v1 (sometimes 2v1 depending on numbers) on a huge board split into 2x4 or 4x4 boards with an objective smack in the middle. Once you've tabled your opponent you can join in on one of the other battles on the next board etc
So my first thought was to use a min draigo wing, and then realised I don;t even need Draigo, so withoiut further ado here's what I came up with:
- Libby w/ stave Sanctuary Shrouding Might of Titan and Warp Rift
- 5 x Paladins w/ 2 x MC Psycannon, 1 x NDH 4 x Halberd
- 5 x Paladins w/ 2 x MC Psycannon, 1 x NDH 4 x Halberd
- Vindicare
Comes to exactly 1000pts, basically the Vindicare takes out any big vehicles, or focuses on reducing any str 8/Ap2 weaponry. Libby uses Shrouding to keep everything safe til they can get into punching range, at which point hopefully everything dies with I 6 str 6 attacks.
So anything you guys would change? maybe drop the vindicare and upgrade some guys to Apothecaries, maybe take away a psycannon and go for wound allocation shenanigans.
Or do you think you can come up with a better/cheesier list. it's been a long long time since I played one of these games, and my game-breaking exploits of the past (6 rune priests with Jaws killing the Nightbringer comes to mind) have been forgetten, time I think to teach the new WAAC guys at my store that I can chesse with the best of them I think lol.

bigbri
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 712
Army : Grey Knights/Space Wolves/Imperial Guard
Registration date : 2010-08-04

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

1k Pts of FOC free Fun Empty Re: 1k Pts of FOC free Fun

Post by Requiem Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:45 am

What are the rules concerning army lists?
'Cause right now you only have 1 HQ, 3 elites, no troops Wink
Requiem
Requiem
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 196
Army : Grey Knights and Daemons
Registration date : 2011-07-27

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by DOMIN4TRIX Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:25 am

FOC free - dont have to stick to the chart
DOMIN4TRIX
DOMIN4TRIX
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 642
Army : Knights, Nids and Necs
Registration date : 2011-08-09

Grey knight
stats:

http://corpointdeux.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Requiem Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:36 am

Ah right sorry Smile missed that Smile
in that case with this list I would be mighty scared of mech armies... The only things that can take out mech are warp rift, and your vindicare, which would have me shitting my pants if my enemy managed to take either 1, or even both of them out

the libby would of course be attached to a paladin squad, making him hard to kill, that doesn't go for the vindicare though
Requiem
Requiem
Henchmen
Henchmen

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valten Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:16 am

I think you missed the 4 relentless psycannons hidden in his list - best anti tank in the game within 24"!
Valten
Valten
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 552
Army : Grey Knights
Registration date : 2011-02-14

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Requiem Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:47 am

yeah i guess i did xD but odds are you're gonna lose some to ranged fire (even with the shrouding), split up the paladins etc... and possibly 2 psycannons against a LR? Razz Gonna be a tough nut to crack
When facing (dark) eldar or anything with 12-13 armour it shouldnt be too much of a problem though... what i was meaning to say is that it might be worthwile to get a hammer in there somewhere
Requiem
Requiem
Henchmen
Henchmen

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Snow Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:12 am

If it's FOC free, why not combine the Pallies? You can always split them up if you want to, but it seems pallies are better the more you have in one unit.
Snow
Snow
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2009-01-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Snow Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:14 am

I also envy you, what your shop is doing sounds like a lot of fun.
Snow
Snow
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2009-01-27

Back to top Go down

Post by bigbri Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:27 pm

@Valten I agree, Psycannons are badass AT weapons, especially on relentless platforms
@Requiem There are two hammers in there, added to Might of Titan by the libby they'll be str 10 + 2D6 pen, while regular guys can get up to Str 7 + 2D6, not too shabby I think. Besides I'm not overly concerned about anyone bringing lots of mech other than an odd Land Raider or Battlewagon. Biggest threat maybe the DE player who has one of those fighter things and a ravager.
@Snow That actually makes perfect sense, I like to think I didn;t think of that because I wrote this at 6am and not because I'm an idiot lol Hopefully it will be fun, this is a little different to the ones I used to play, where you could only use that weeks theme unit, and which usually descended into anarchy as people shot at everyone across the board and it took forever to get through each round, hence the reduction to mini 1v1 games with the ability to join the others later.

bigbri
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 712
Army : Grey Knights/Space Wolves/Imperial Guard
Registration date : 2010-08-04

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content