Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First 1500 points in correct area

2 posters

Go down

First 1500 points in correct area Empty First 1500 points in correct area

Post by Devon_boy Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:57 am

Hi I’m continuing this post in the right area now and have had a rethink about my first list this is how it stands now

HQ

Grand Master Mordrak
4 x Ghost Knights NFH
Librarian (Teleport homer, MC NFS, 3 x Servo skulls, Might of Titan, Quicksilver, Santuary, The Shrouding)

565 Pts

TROOPS

10 x Grey Knight Terminators (2 x Psycannons, MC NDH, NDH, 5 x NFH, Brotherhood Banner, Psybolt Ammo)
5 x Grey Knight Terminators (MC NDH, Psycannon, 3 x NFH, NDH)

730 Pts

FAST

Stormraven Gunship (TLMM, TLLC)

205 Pts

This comes out at 1500 Pts I would play it with Mordrak DS'ing on the first turn and my storm raven starting on the board fist turn with my 5 man Terminator squad on board giving my opponent a difficult choice as what to try to destroy fist, Then try to bring my 10 man Terminator squad on in turn 2 using the Teleport Homer and communion this way I can pick out soft kill points or go after the opponents heavy support on turn 1 or 2 what do you guys think? Any criticism or help appreciated.

Thanks Kevin

Devon_boy
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 60
Army : Chaos Marines, Necrons, Grey Knights
Registration date : 2011-09-06

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

First 1500 points in correct area Empty Re: First 1500 points in correct area

Post by Chaplain Thrace Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:45 pm

List looks good.
Two things I'd change:
1. Drop the servo skulls, as you're deep striking on a homer and don't have any blast weapons.
2. Try to keep the raven in reserve and have it move on (from your board edge) in your first turn. This is if the opponent gets first turn, as he will have one thing to shoot at and stormravens are hard to hide behind cover.

You may find it lacking in troop choices but you can combat squad, and that might help.

Chaplain Thrace
Chaplain Thrace
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 120
Army : Grey Knights of the 7th Brotherhood; Adepta Sororitas of the Order of the Ebon Chalice
Registration date : 2011-07-23

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Devon_boy Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:40 am

Chaplain Thrace wrote:List looks good.
Two things I'd change:
1. Drop the servo skulls, as you're deep striking on a homer and don't have any blast weapons.
2. Try to keep the raven in reserve and have it move on (from your board edge) in your first turn. This is if the opponent gets first turn, as he will have one thing to shoot at and stormravens are hard to hide behind cover.

You may find it lacking in troop choices but you can combat squad, and that might help.

Thanks, that’s why I'm taking the 10 man squad so I can combat squad if I need to, Keeping the SR in reserve sounds like a good idea will just have to keep Mordrak and his squad in cover until turn 2 and my other units arrive.
So far this list looks the best to me out of what I have already posted and received the first of my models today so think I will start to build and paint my command squad it will motivate me to Finnish the rest.

Cheers Kevin

Devon_boy
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 60
Army : Chaos Marines, Necrons, Grey Knights
Registration date : 2011-09-06

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content