Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1000 point list - Grand Master Mordrak

3 posters

Go down

1000 point list - Grand Master Mordrak   Empty 1000 point list - Grand Master Mordrak

Post by Caiden Lee Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:43 pm

A list I put together, I think it could be interesting.

HQ:

Grand Master Mordrak
(5) Ghost Knights (w/Halberds)

Librarian (w/ Halberd, teleport homer, Summoning, Warp rift)
He is attached to Grand Master Group.

Troops:
(x2)GKSS (6man) (1 w/ DH, 2 w/Halberd, 3 standard +psybolt ammo)
Razorback (warp stab field)

Turn one: Come in with Mordrak, Knights and Librarian, aiming for Mech first.
Mordrak+Knights shoot rear of armor, Librarian casts Warp rift (x2).

Razorbacks start as close as possible. If Mordrak and his Knights are assaulted. The librarian will be locked in melee therefore will default to plan b.

Plan A: Libarian is not locked in assault, and then can cast (x2) summoning to bring in the razorbacks. The razorbacks cannot shoot, but the troops can disembark and shoot.
Hence why I took psybolt ammo. They are placed anywhere within 6 inches of the libby. Teleport homer for no scatter. Begin marching through enemy ranks.

Plan B: Libby is locked in assault with his knights. They all have halberds (most likely going first) The razorbacks go 12' trying to get into combat asap.

Caiden Lee
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2011-09-13

Back to top Go down

1000 point list - Grand Master Mordrak   Empty Re: 1000 point list - Grand Master Mordrak

Post by bigbri Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:53 pm

Unfortunately Plan A won't work, as per the FAQ you can't cast summon twice. As for the list, it might be fun to play in a random game, but there are a couple of huge problems I see with it, for a start you have the best part of your army in 1 squad that's footslogging, and lacks any decent ranged firepower. Most opponents will simply ignore them by driving away, wipe out your two mini razorback squads and then mow down your termies with mass fire combined with anything AP1/2 they have.

bigbri
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 712
Army : Grey Knights/Space Wolves/Imperial Guard
Registration date : 2010-08-04

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

1000 point list - Grand Master Mordrak   Empty Re: 1000 point list - Grand Master Mordrak

Post by slayer18 Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:07 am

I will have to refer to my codex, but I don't think that the teleport homers work with summoning. I'm pretty sure that it says it only works with deepstriking. Other than that, I think it would be pretty sweet to deepstrike a libby on turn 1 with no scatter, then use warprift on the which ever vehicle I choose. I will consider this for later. I would drop summoning and replace it with shrouding(or quicksilver, or sanctuary, or Might of Titan). The teleport homer and GM Mordak's psychic communion would work really well in a deepstrike list. I think it might be more pragmatic to aim for any troops in the open and dare them to assault through sactuary, after getting shot with storm bolters and a warp rift. Thank you for the inspiration. Cool concept but I don't see it as being very viable in a low point game, but I've been wrong before and I probably will again( just don't let my wife know I said that!!).

slayer18
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 198
Army : Grey Knights-5k, Ravenwing-1k(so far), Tau 2k
Registration date : 2011-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Caiden Lee Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:33 pm

^haha nice. Yeah, I didn't see as it being viable or even competitive for 1,000 points. I'm working on a Mordrak, Libby, DreadKnight, Interceptor list. (Strike squads as troops of course). Probably closer to 2,000+. If I can squeeze it in maybe even a stormraven full of purifiers with halberds.

Caiden Lee
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2011-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum