Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1500 pgk army advice

4 posters

Go down

1500 pgk army advice  Empty 1500 pgk army advice

Post by Klauzer Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:23 pm

Greetings Brothers, I have come to this forum seeing as there is much friendly banter and advice to be heard for new players such as myself. I have been doing research on other players, tactics, army builds, etc, and have finally come up with an army list of my own. Players at my local store generally play 1500 point games and I now have the funding to join the fray Very Happy . I seek the knowledge of PGK veterans and comments on how to make this build as versatile as possible. I'm not looking to go just shooty or just assult, but instead want an army that can play reactively. So far, from much reading and planning I have two possible ideas:

Army 1

HQ:
Librarian: 3x psych powers (Might of Titan, Shrouding, Sanctuary), 3x skulls (190 pts)

Troops:
10x GKSS: MC DH, 2x Psycannons, Psybolt ammo, Rhino (295 pts)

Elite:
6x Paladins: MC DH, 2x MC Psycannon, 4x Halberds, 1x Brotherhood Banner (410 pts)

Heavy:
Dreadnought: 2x TLAC, Psybolt ammo (135 pts)

Total: 1460 pts (40 pts for extras)

Tactics:
The GKSS are best for capping objectives and laying down both anti tank and infantry fire. The paladins can deep strike successfully thanks to the skulls and begin to wreak havoc upon the heretics. I've seen squads of five pallies without a banner decimate almost 1000 points of enemy armies and have decided to take a squad myself Twisted Evil The Psyfleman dreads will provide support from range and aid in anti tank fire. I feel this covers close, mid and long range while giving me a lot of options against a range of enemy tactics.

Army 2

HQ:
Librarian: 3x psych powers (Might of Titan, Shrouding, Sanctuary), 3x skulls (190 pts)

Troops:
5x GKSS: MCDH, 1x Psycannon, Razorback--> AC, Psybolt ammo (225 pts)
5x GKSS: MCDH, 1x Psycannon, Razorback--> AC, Psybolt ammo (225 pts)

Elite:
6x Paladins: MC DH, 2x MC Psycannon, 4x Halberds, 1x Brotherhood Banner (410 pts)

Heavy:

Total: 1480 (20 points for extras)

Tactics:
Same idea as army 1, but this lets me spread out more and, when necessary, cap more objectives.

Notes: I understand this game can really come down to the dice, however I'm confident that proper movement and use of cover can counter such irritations. Please let me know what you think, and help me hit the ground running! I look forward to purging the galaxy of heresy and flith!
Klauzer
Klauzer
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 94
Army : Really Fluffy
Registration date : 2011-09-11

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

1500 pgk army advice  Empty Re: 1500 pgk army advice

Post by blackjack Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:43 pm

I like army one better than army 2. TW Psi AC cannons are the best thing in the codex...

blackjack
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2011-09-07

Back to top Go down

Post by shadow Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:53 pm

I also prefer army list 1
shadow
shadow
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 224
Registration date : 2011-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by slayer18 Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:19 am

I feel that list two is more flexable. Rhinos are fragile and the razorbacks would give the heritics more targets/threats. Also, have you considered an apocathary for the paladin squad? It's expensive but he can give your expensive terminators(and your librarian, if he is within cohesion) a second chance on small wounds. Those are just my thoughts(besides if you have to buy two terminator kits you might as well give yourself some options)

slayer18
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 198
Army : Grey Knights-5k, Ravenwing-1k(so far), Tau 2k
Registration date : 2011-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post by slayer18 Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:22 am

Oh yeah, and a warding staff has made its way into my five man paladin squad. 2+ invul save in close combat has caused a few oponents to....express frustration with colorful language

slayer18
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 198
Army : Grey Knights-5k, Ravenwing-1k(so far), Tau 2k
Registration date : 2011-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down