Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New to the board and wants some feed back on my 1500 pt list

4 posters

Go down

New to the board and wants some feed back on my 1500 pt list Empty New to the board and wants some feed back on my 1500 pt list

Post by Brother Garlic Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:41 pm

Hey everyone! I am new to posting on this forum but I have been reading through posts of army builds and other various forums posted here. I am a huge fan of Grey Knights, they were my first pick when I started playing warhammer but because the codex was virtually null and void when I started I went with Dark Angels! Now I have fully converted to Grey Knights Smile Anyways I would greatly appericate some feedback on list building. This one list is a bit of change up from a list I played again my friends Tau army. It worked really great with deep striking. The only differences I have subsituted a Nemesis Dreadknight out with another Dreadnought and I increased the size of the Strike squad from 6 to 10. I also added Ordo Malleus with a daemonblade and power armour.

HQ
Draigo – 275
Ordo Malleus – 72 (Power armour, mastery lvl one, nemesis force halberd and 3 servo skulls)
Troops
Grey Knights Strike Squad – 240 (2 psycannons, 4 halberds)
Paladins – 345 (5 paladins, 2 psycannons, brotherhood banner and a pair of falchions)
Fast Attack
Stormraven – 205 (lascannon)
Heavy Support
Dreadnought – 135 (2 twin-linked autocannons with psybolt ammo)
Total: 1407

Against the Tau I used Deep Strike to avoid Tau's nasty firing turns for the first and second turn. The Stormraven did not lost long because it was the second unit to deep strike in but it got do blow one of his battle suits up. The great thing about the stormraven was that I had my Paladins in it and venerable dreadnought that had a twin-linked lascannon and doom fist. Once the raven was down he now had to contend with Draigo and the Paladins. After trying to shoot them with his battle suits and his Hammerhead and devilfish, all resulting in no wounds thanks to wound allocation and the storm shield he decided to charge my paladins with his three battle suits. Needless to say the battle suits got crunched by the Paladins. Anyways the real power house of this list is the Paladins but if you could give me some pointers on how to improve it that would be great.

HQ
Crowe – 150
Ordo Malleus – 54 (Power armour, daemonblade and 2 servo skulls)
Troops
Purifiers – 308 (Purifiers: 2 psycannons, 4 hallberds, 2 daemon hammers, 2 falchions, psybolt)
Purifiers – 308 (Purifiers: 2 psycannons, 4 hallberds, 2 daemon hammers, 2 falchions, psybolt)
Fast Attack
Stormraven – 205 (lascannons)
Stormraven – 205 (lascannons)
Heavy Support
Total: 1500
Also i would appericate some feedback about this possible list Smile

Brother Garlic
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2011-08-11

Back to top Go down

New to the board and wants some feed back on my 1500 pt list Empty Re: New to the board and wants some feed back on my 1500 pt list

Post by DonFer Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:25 am

Hi, and welcome to the forums, hope you find everything you need here for your GK! Very Happy

About the first army. You are lacking scoring bodies and protection for them. If you want to go footslogging you have to put enough bodies on the table, to avoid being tabled. A better bet would be putting your troops in transports to protect them and add mobility to your army. Also, the Stormraven is the major threat of your army at the moment, so it'll not see much action in any game since your opponent will always target it first. I would recommend leave the SR out, and go full footslogging. Add another GKSS squad or maybe some Interceptors, or perhaps even a third Dread.

I like your second list better. Some tweaks though. Loose the Falchions they're not good at all. Psybolt is good but I think your army needs more psycannons, add 2 more per purifier squad. You won't regret it. You'll save 36 points in this, so perhaps you can add some hurricane bolters to one SR.

Hope it helps!
DonFer
DonFer
Terminator
Terminator

Number of posts : 1398
Registration date : 2010-10-21

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

New to the board and wants some feed back on my 1500 pt list Empty Re: New to the board and wants some feed back on my 1500 pt list

Post by Aubec le noir Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:16 am

hi welcome on this board
i second brother DonFer, your second list seems better to me ... even if i don't like the inquisitor HQ for a GK army (that's just me Razz )
but i must disagree with you brother when you said that the ex-codex was null ... that's not true ! Evil or Very Mad
Ok the effective lists were few, but the fluff was good, the drawings superb, and we could kicks some asses even if the codex was 3rd edition !! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
and all the army had metal models, and one of the most beautiful evr made by GW (another obssession of mine Razz )
Aubec pirat
Aubec le noir
Aubec le noir
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 3745
Army : 40K : GK (curious isn't it ;-) ) WHB : Dwarfs, Ogres, Mercs
Registration date : 2009-11-01

Grey knight
stats:

http://lacompagniephoenix.bb-fr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Brother Garlic Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:05 pm

Thanks Brothers! My apologizes Aubec. I never really got to check out the Codex for Grey Knights because when I started up the store I have in my city, Victoria BC, had absolutely no Grey Knight stuff period. Everything required ordering :S I agree with you both the second list looks much better in terms of substance. I was wondering do you guys have any good ideas on how to make an effective 1500 Paladin army list?

Brother Garlic
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2011-08-11

Back to top Go down

Post by sabian Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:15 pm

I completely agree with Brother Donfer, adding in the extra psycannon instead of falchions can only help you. As well i find it funny that the only things you have to start on the board with is the two dreads and crowe and more then likely crowe will be ignored.
sabian
sabian
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 123
Army : Grey Knights
Registration date : 2011-05-08

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down