Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1000pt Team List

3 posters

Go down

1000pt Team List Empty 1000pt Team List

Post by Waffle Tue May 17, 2011 1:55 pm

I am going to enter a team tournament with a friend who plays CSM in june. The tournament is 1000pts for each player.
In addition each team is only allowed to use 2 hq slots, 6 troop slots, 1 Fast Attack slot, 1 Elite Slot, and 1 Heavy Support Slot, Minimum of 1 HQ and 2 troops for each player
He will be using something along the following lines.

Lash Sorcerer

2 -3 plague marine squads(7 each)
Rhinos

0 - 1 Berzerker Squad(8-9)
Rhino

Vindicator

6 summoned demons

I will probably use this list:

Librarian- 185
Might of Titan, Warp Rift, Shrouding
Halberd, Teleport Homer

Paladin Squad(5) - 315
MC Psycannon, Incinerator, 3x Halberds, Falchions, MC DH

Storm Raven- 205
TLLC, Multi-melta

Strike Squad(5)- 175
Psycannon, MC DH
Razorback with TL HBs, Psybolts

Strike Squad(5) - 120
Psycannon, DH

=1000pts

Plan would be for the Librarian to go with the Paladins in the Storm Raven. It would go out flat out turn 1 and the libby using shrouding for that 3+ cover save. 2nd turn hopefully assault and for the SS go down near the libby to claim objectives/fire support. If its objectives then 1 squad will stay back to claim while the razorback will always support my friends rhinos. Teleport homer is also for his summoned demons. This is my 1st real list for GK. Advice and comments are welcome. Thanks for reading

Waffle
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2011-04-17

Back to top Go down

1000pt Team List Empty Re: 1000pt Team List

Post by Sai Tue May 17, 2011 3:24 pm

Rather than shooting off in your spangly storm raven, it might be worth considering using a landraider instead. True it's slower, but you can use it to cover the rhinos and vindicator until they get into range to support the paladin assault. If everything rushes forward on turn 1, you can hide the vindicator behind the landraider, and then move out the way the next turn so that it's in range and unharmed. Basically, you're using the landraider to control LOS. Your friend has 2/3 'firefight' squads and an assault squad, but the assault squad can't assault out of their vehicle making them much slower moving than your paladins, so they'll be on their own initially, though the firepower put out at 12" should be helpful.

Seeing as your friend has 3/4 troop choices you probably don't need to worry so much about defending objectives. Plague marines are less likely to be shot off of them than your guys.

If you make the paladins normal terminators, change a strike squad to an interceptor squad- that way they can keep up with the landraider with their normal 12" move and assault with the terminators.They can also relocate rapidly if one of your objectives is under threat, and their warp quake will keep deepstriking melta guns away from the raider.

Of course this is entirely reliant on you having a landraider kicking around.

In any case, if you want to hit hard, it might be worth holding off the raven assault til turn 3 when the chaos nerfherders are in a position to lend a hand.
Sai
Sai
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 754
Registration date : 2010-12-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Waffle Wed May 18, 2011 3:25 am

My friend is using our heavy support slot with the vindi, as GKs cannot take land raiders as dedicated transports I am stuck with the storm raven to get my paladins to the fray.

Waffle
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealadin Wed May 18, 2011 4:32 am

I don't know if his daemons can use your teleport homer, they have quite stringent rules on how they can enter the game, normally via icons, and if there are no icons they simply cannot enter.
Might be wrong on that though.

I think the storm raven is a reasonable idea, although I'd be aiming to use the Teleport Homer on that Librarian to bring in some of your own units.
If your careful with what you attack your Lib should be reasonably safe, and then you can drop some PAGK straight into the fray.

Paladins will be killier but have you also looked at saving the points and getting normal GKT?
Zealadin
Zealadin
Grand Master
Grand Master

Number of posts : 3279
Army : Retired Eldar, Puritan Grey Knights, Dark Eldar
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Grey knight
stats:

http://kael-din.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sai Wed May 18, 2011 3:52 pm

Ah, I misread, I thought it was 1 heavy per player.

In that case the Raven is your only option I guess. Happily It's a pretty decent option.

The teleport homer won't work on daemons. It says specifically in the entry that it only works for strike, interceptor and terminator squads.
Sai
Sai
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 754
Registration date : 2010-12-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Waffle Wed May 18, 2011 4:36 pm

I did actually try and exchange the paladins with GKT but i think that the extra heavy weapon and survivabiltiy sold it to me. I will try and test these GKT lists before i decide on the real list.
These were the lists I came up with:
Librarian- 200
Shrouding, Warp Rift, Might of Titan, 2x Servo-skulls
MC Halberd, Teleport Homer

Paladin Squad- 60
MC DH

Terminator Squad(5) - 305
Psycannon, 1x DH, 2x Halberds, Thawn, Falchions

Terminator Squad(5)- 230
Psycannon, 2x DH, 2x Halberds, Falchions

Storm Raven- 205
TLLC, TL MM
-The paladin here is like a lone wolf in this list. I added Thawn so that i might still clinch an objective even if my star unit dies
List 2:
Librarian- 185
Shrouding, Might of Titan, Warp Rift
Halberd, Teleport Homer
Terminator Squad(5) - 230
Psycannon, 2x DH, 2x Halberds, Falchions

Storm Raven- 205
TLLC, TL MM

Strike Squad(5)- 125
Psycannon, MC DH

Strike Squad(10)- 255
2X Psycannons, MC DH, Psybolts
- I can change the big SS to a 6 man Termie Squad with a psycannon if I remove the MC on the other SS and the Halberd on the Librarian

Let me know what you think of these lists. I am not too confident in them
as I have yet to try them out. Sorry if I am taking your time. Thanks

Last edited by Waffle on Sat May 21, 2011 8:37 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Correction)

Waffle
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down